Reviews for Masks
Brooke chapter 4 . 9/4/2004
I see that you finally updated. It was nice to read more about this story. I looking forward for more of the story soon.
Lidens chapter 4 . 8/30/2004
Wow so far this fic is great. I'm so glad I took the time to read it. I have been recommended from many people to read this but I just never found the time *actually remembered* to read it. Well I can't believe that I am going to say this, but Aoshi is kinda funny in some scenes. Well you're right about how Aoshi really doesn't know anything about relationships. He really needs someone to melt his pain and heart. Just like someone else in this fic is lonely and needs someone to fill her life also. _ I was surprised to hear this is like 10 years later. Well hope to read more and clear some of the confusion I have about the Megumi's situation and the connection with Sano's.
driftingwanderer chapter 4 . 8/30/2004
good job. hope the story is misao and aoshi
Shimizu Hitomi chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
must admit that i have changed my mind about sano and kenshin since that last review. XD

*waits desperately for updates*
eriesalia chapter 2 . 2/17/2004
Oh! Mij told me about this fic, and lo and behold it features two of my favorite RK characters.
Just curious... how familiar are you with Jinchuu? My guess is that you're writing this based more on the TV series (Misao's balloon/woman comment)?
Anyways, I'm adding this to my favorite stories list so I can get notices when it's next updated.
_
Shimizu Hitomi chapter 3 . 8/2/2003
I like the direction this is going. Continue soon! I completely agree with your characterization of Aoshi. Megumi's brother seems very realistic as well. The only thing that kind of got to me was the thing with Kenshin and Sano, I really can't picture Kenshin like that. Sano, yes, but Kenshin... I also read your other Kenshin story, the one with Soujiro. I liked that one as well, and I can't wait to read what happens.
DraejonSoul chapter 3 . 7/23/2003
Whoa. Kenshin *AND* Sano?... I'm not a yaoi fan, but... ya better explain yourself, girl! P Well, it would be appropriate, after all, considering you left an intriguing loose thread. And I like your writing style. Not a lot of people who writes _writes_, if that makes any sense... T_T

Daiji
DraejonSoul chapter 2 . 7/23/2003
This sounds very exciting! And it's a very different way to get Aoshi and Megumi together. And using Sano! Hm! The plot thickens...
Brooke chapter 3 . 7/23/2003
Interesting story! I'm a little shock about the end of chapter 3, but I'm over it now. I like how you explain Aoshi in this story. I look forward to his meeting with Megumi!
RurouniGochan chapter 3 . 7/23/2003
Wow, this is a great story! All of the mixed feelings, discoveries, and twists! I'm actually not a fan of yaoi pairings, but you wrote the Kenshin/Sano thing as short and not the dominant pairing (which I can accept easier). Still, what a sudden turn that was!

Nonetheless, this is becoming a wonderful fanfic! I'm looking forward to seeing how it will develop. I have some ideas, but I'm still curious to know what you'll do!

On only one side note, if this is 10 years after the manga, then Sano's little sister, Uki, is actually 26 because she is Misao's age. I can't remember Outa's (the little brother) age, but I think he was between 9-12 in the manga; so he'd be around 19-22? Sorry, but that's the only little mistake I found.

While I like traditional pairings, this looks like it might possibly be one of those fics. Still, like I said, it's turning out so well that I'm becoming open enough to anything you may dish out. So continue please!
Beautiful Dreamer1 chapter 3 . 7/23/2003
You've got me hooked on your story. I hope you keep writing more. I can't wait to read more.
eriesalia chapter 3 . 7/22/2003
Okay, you have completely turned a lot of fanfic conventions upside down. I'm a bit surprised by some things, but also just happy to see Megumi Megumi Megumi! (Of course, Aoshi is fine too. yay.)
exorsus chapter 3 . 7/22/2003
Just finished reading chapter3.

This is really interesting yet at the same time quite disturbing (10 years? What the #! has Aoshi been doing all this time. And Misao.. talk about being patient!)

I like the way you characterize Aoshis feelings towards Misao as just being the "big-brother" (I cant picture them together). And whats this about Sano and Kenshin? Dont mind me, Im just not a fan of yaoi-fics.

Anyway, keep going!
Shihali chapter 3 . 7/22/2003
Four thoughts:

1. I like your writing. It's a nice relief from the horde of barely-literate soi-disant "authors".

2. I think you should consider making your chapters shorter. Not trimming them, but splitting the chapters into smaller, easier-to-read pieces. As they are, the length is intimidating.

3. I don't think this is a G-rated story, not after the end of this chapter. Bump it up to PG-13 or so; it's handled with a very delicate touch, but homosexuality is not PG material in the good old U.S. of A.

4. Let anonymous reviewers post! How else do you plan to get reviews?
DraejonSoul chapter 1 . 7/20/2003
It's nice to see writers exploring different avenues for a story.

Aoshi's thoughts are very amusing, and very different from the generic, "...", flint-faced demeanor. It's not like his mind's just as closed off as his lovely face... _;; I specially liked his thoughts on Kenshin. It's not like he does everything the man says, right?

But Aoshi himself was the biggest obstacle in her path to maturity, and he had known it well.

Hey, now that's an interesting concept! Gonna consider that in my writing...

It's funny to think that Aoshi has a twisted sense of humor. Nobody ever tried exploring that. I actually imagined if he had heard Misao call him a "spineless eel" in the Kyoto arc, he would have laughed his $$ off.

Very nice ending. I still can't figure out what he found out. Either I'm getting stoopid, or I can't think past the woman talking in my head. _

Good work! Can I archive this on my site? I collect Aoshi fics I like, and this I like.

Daiji