Reviews for Until The End
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
And I thought the Fall of Gondolin was an overdone subject! It's nice to see a servant's perspective, and the way you wrote it was deeply moving. Impressive.
queenieb chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
This is so tragic, and so touching.
Annie chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
I was particularly moved that all the words were Quenya. Good research! A lovely tale, and though sad, you added that charming bit about having to clean up after Earandil, and Idril remembering his name. Good descriptions of the destructions too.
Aine Tassorosso chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
Wow. That's all I can say.
Prophetic Fire chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
*stares at computer screen breathlessly, blinking every now and then; shakes head in disbelief* Seriously, you are not of this world. You must be half-Elven or something to be able to pull this stuff off. Amazing! I loved it! How much research do you actually put into all this? Certainly more than I can comprehend. Wow.
Finch chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
Excellent story - it's good to be reminded that not all Elves were great princes, leaders and warriors. The image of Turgon in his tower, shattered by the events, and abandoned by almost everyone was very striking, but it was Norno the faithful servant whose name the King didn't even know, who moved me to tears.
Ithilwen too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
Yet another wonderful vignette from you1 I especially love the final image in this piece, Turgon holding on to his servant in a futile effort to sacve him as the great tower disintegrates around them and they both plunge to their death; it encapsulates the tragedy of Gondolin's fall so well.