Reviews for Steps of Courage
Riyu Mira chapter 6 . 11/24/2008
I like the story its very good.
pinoykengumi7 chapter 2 . 11/22/2006
Heh. I actually like how you portrayed Yahiko and Kaoru there. They seemed ... useful. Not that they aren't, mind you, but sometimes I see them as just characters that make Kenshin seem weaker sometimes... _ ;;

Ehh.. and maybe you should write the translations for the Japanese words that other readers may not know?

Apart from that, well done

-Duckii Mustang
pinoykengumi7 chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
Hm I'm guessing it's a good thing I haven't read the previous version? :P M. Pretty good. Even though there are none of the original characters from RK in the prologue, its catchy.

-Duckii Mustang
anaemicfaeries chapter 5 . 7/18/2006
Love the banter between Naruku and Sano. He he, Koneko! She's part of RK already, know that she has a nick.

The plot is moving along so nicely. The conversation between Naruku and Kenshin was so well written, we enjoyed every second of it. You're a talented author!

Kenshin's reaction to Naruku's question was very realistic, and we wonder why Naruku would rather be trained in Hiten Mitsurugi..You have such a suspenseful way of writing! Can't wait to find out what her reasons are.
anaemicfaeries chapter 4 . 7/18/2006
Hm, this guardian seems fishy. Obviously Naruku trusts him, from the way she reacted to Kenshin asking if he would abandon her. But from the way he seemed in chapter one...well, it seems as though maybe she cares more for him than he does for her. It should be interesting to see how it will progress!

Nice transition with Naruku settling in at the Kamiya dojo. Your characterisation of everyone is so wonderful. It's great to read a story by someone who really knows the RK cast through and through!

It was so sweet of Naruku to buy all her new friends presents. Although the ending seems ominous..like something is going to happen...great chapter. :)
anaemicfaeries chapter 2 . 7/3/2006
Kaoru stepping in? Kenshin on the sidelines? Wow, that was certainly different from the mainstream. Usually it would be the other way around, lol. Kaoru's characterisation is wonderful here, she's strong and assertive, whilst still retaining that temper, and eagerness to recruite students. We really like this mystery girl. Her comments to Kenshin, and the way she was trying to brush him off made us giggle. What will happen next? Will those men be back for the girl? And what do they want with her? Finally, we have a story to look forward to!
anaemicfaeries chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
What an interesting beginning! Really, the way this started just drew us right in. All of a sudden there are all these questions! Who is this girl? Who is Enizu? And why do we get the feeling he can't be trusted? Why is she in danger? We are very intrigued! Can we just also mention how wonderful it is to see a story where the OCs seem so promising? Yup, we can't wait to read more!
Warg chapter 20 . 5/23/2006
_

An absolutely lovely finale... good work on imagery and chars..

The scenes with naruku and kenshin weren't quite as overplayed as u may think :)

Loved the final scene.. where it is finally dawning to Kenshin the extent of her feelings... and great ending too... i shud, and i did sorta expect this but great way to have it pulled off... the final scene was very moving...

Now bring on the sequel *roar*.. :p

Cya
Warg chapter 19 . 5/23/2006
Hey..

Great chapter...

Good level of detail, and as always good work on the K-gumi. I specially enjoyed the Megumi characterization... the pillar of strength and control collapsing, but still holding firm for her duty and diligence... I love how thing story is toning down and out... brilliant way of drawing a close.

A few things u see here is... a maturing Sano, a more humanized Kenshin, the asshole Enizu, and last but not least, the lovable Naruku(and no, she isn't a Mary Sue, not fully anyway :p... j/k hehe) ..

A few loose ends remain but heh... thats what sequels are for _

Cya
Warg chapter 18 . 5/22/2006
Once more... good work here... the fight was strong and catching, even if a little more detail was due. Naruku shines as a character... her antics throughout the fight, as well as her action to end it are laced beautifully with the characterisrics that we attach to Kenshin’s past loves, but then subtly enhancing it.

Enizu disappoints here, slightly, because after the Kyoto arc we know that Kenshin is no weaker than the Battousai was, but for the sake of the fic, if Kenshins body has failed him in the years, the Battousai persona would also shrink. Basically you only use one of the many recognised Hiten attacks, and that does Enizu in... which dosen’t make a lotta sense after the built-up u had for him... thats what i thought anyway.. _

And finally the ending was nicely drawn, Kenshin collapsing with the tohught once more of protecting someone, sets the tone wonderfully for wats to come next. Can’t wait! :)
Warg chapter 17 . 5/21/2006
Hey...

Loved the intesity and the desperation in this one... Its understandable that Kenshin is fading so to speak, since the hiten mitsurugi is taking its toll on him. Naruku uses herself to shield Kenshin, now wher have we seen that before? but it was well done, and well written.

And we are nearing a close... i can't wait to see how Enizu gets whooped... Cya
Safe Matches chapter 20 . 5/21/2006
Hey KT! this is Carrie! i just thought that i should catch up on your whole Naruku story thing sinse i was with you when you decided to write it ] im pretty sure i didnt help but who knows rigt? Well it took me a good amount of time to read this story but it was worth it. nothing like what we thought it would be but, hey whatcha gonna do? well i posted the first chapter to a story i wrote read it and tell me if it needs removing. I will continue to catch up but fabulous job!

love,

Carrie
Warg chapter 16 . 5/21/2006
Hm..

Well know we kno why Enizu deserves a slow painful death.. umm... i mean y he wants revenge, on his own twisted world. But don't u think the set of coincideces were a bit much?

Anyway good work flitting from scene to scene, and on the scenes themselves. Thugh how an outsider(not in the chousu clan) would even know abt a huge secret like Shishio is left uneplained...

back to the present now i guess
Warg chapter 15 . 5/21/2006
Too lazy.. hehe

Loved this chapter.. the fightscene was well wrought. It was smart to make it come in flashes, to represent Naruku's view of it...

Enizu is living up to the spoilerage and the hype.. He makes quite a villain with his brutality and his low tactics.. and his animalistic rage..

Can't wait for more...
Warg chapter 14 . 5/20/2006
Hey..

Another great chapter..

The scene the Akabeko scenen turned out well, it was edging near to being cutesy, but keeping both the fight and Tsubame's reactions controlled helped to make it great. Also the focus shifted easily to Naruku... the air is positively crackling with tension now... and another cliff-hanger... hehehee