Reviews for Present Imperfect
anonymous chapter 11 . 10/22/2009
This was crazy insane! (In a completely good way.) Nice story.
pari106 chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
I hadn't planned it that way, but it seems I saved that best for (next to) last! :D Wow... This is the most surprising twist I've found in an Angel fic. There's all the things I've found and loved in your other fics - including the many characters with their different facets and motivations; the angst and introspection. And then there's the wild revealation at the end... The flashback about Simon and that bully was a nice touch. And the way Angel calls Wesley by his birth name... But, also, how he thought of Wesley even before he knew who he was - how releived he was despite himself that Wesley was alive; how he thought of Wes as more a brother than a friend. Like I said: just...Wow.
AJ Mercedes chapter 11 . 3/10/2004
I love "Connor is Wesley" fics, especially when they are well written, well plotted, and logical. Kudos.
wanequelle chapter 11 . 2/21/2004
Slightly confusing... Okay really confusing... But then again I'm a very confused person. I loved it though. I don't know where in your mind you created that twisted series of events but it was quite neat. Nice fic!
wanequelle chapter 8 . 2/21/2004
This is getting emotionally painful to read you know...
wanequelle chapter 6 . 2/21/2004
Ah! It's Wess' dad! *runs and hides in a corner* Seriously, he freaks me out.
wanequelle chapter 4 . 2/21/2004
Erg! I don't like Wesley's dad! He's so mean! Your portrayl of him is very good though. I was blown away! Poor Wess!
wanequelle chapter 3 . 2/21/2004
No! Now I have to relive that painful experience in my mind again! I almost cried when Angel tried to kill Wesley. It's just too painful! Wonderful chapter though!
wanequelle chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
This is lovely! I just recently turned into a Wesley fan after buying the third season of Angel on DVD and watching it. Why does everything bad have to happen to him? Anyways I love your fic and I can't wait to read more!
barfbag chapter 11 . 1/10/2004
Despite my abhorence for time paradoxes, I loved this story. As just a story, it was great, but when you take out the AU parts, it's great insight into Wes' feelings when he figured out the scroll, Angel's when he tried to kill Wes, and, as usual, great job with Wes' past. I really, really, REALLY hate Wes' father. Thanks to Lineage we now know you're pretty much on target with the way Wes was treated...I think the only think we don't know is if there was physical abuse.
Anyway, this one made me cry. Way to go!
Also, totally did not guess that Halfrek was *not* trying to help Wesley!
Lunatique chapter 11 . 12/8/2003
Oh. GOD. *picks jaw off somewhere on the basement floor* This has got to be the most original, most mind-blowing piece of fiction ever. The way you could take something this seemingly impossible and make it an entirely compelling and even inevitable twist-oh, man, I am completely blown away. The plot is just.. Amazing. Incredible. Stupendous. There are no adjectives to adequately describe it.
But, despite the completely jaw-drop-inducing plot, "Present Imperfect" is as far from plot-driven as they get. The plot twist itself served as a frame for incredible emotional and character complexity that had me in tears by the end. Holtz was a particular surprise, and an incredibly pleasant one, too. You managed to make Holtz human! And sympathetic! Now THAT's what I call writing. To think Holtz held up Uncle Wesley as the icon of all that is pure and good-ah, bittersweet, poignant, beautiful irony.
And of course, the writing was excellent, condensed to maximum effect like sunlight through a lens. The descriptions just burn themselves into the mind-Holtz standing in shadow with a thin strand of light piercing through, honeysuckle and the metallic tang of blood, young Wesley being thrust into the morning sunlight. Intense stuff. *shakes head in wonder*
Just...simply incredible. The best I've read in a long time. I loved it! (Like you couldn't tell! :D)
shahid chapter 11 . 8/7/2003
VERY NICE! i really liked what Holtz said to Angel.
Tariq chapter 11 . 8/6/2003
Hi. SUPER COOL
AlexisPryce chapter 11 . 8/5/2003
*stands, whistles, applauds until her hands are sore* Standing ovation for you! You managed to rouse my curiosity, hold my attention, blow my mind, and touch my heart all in one story. You have a great gift and I look forward to reading more from you in the near future.

Psst...that means write more soon!
Rita chapter 11 . 8/5/2003
Oh my gawd! I just read this in one sitting - what an awesome story! But really, you should have posted some kind of hanky alert, some parts were that heartbreaking.

What a great (and creative) way to combine Holtz, Halfrek, and Wyndam-Pryce Senior into an Angel story.

This was one of the best-written stories on I've read in a long time: not only did you spell check (I can't believe how many authors don't!), the plot was interesting, the dialog was great and in character-well, I could go one with the fawning praise, but I have to go back and re-read this story!

thanks for sharing this great story with the rest of us, and I look forward to reading more of your work in the future (translation: there better be momre stories soon!)

Thanks again!