Reviews for Spectrum Inversus
The Common Wind Deity chapter 8 . 6/12/2014
I just rediscovered this story. I know it's been 7 years and you're unlikely to finish it, but I have to say that it pains me to see such a good story unfinished.
Shade40 chapter 8 . 12/12/2008
I am enjoying this story.

The summary was what caught my eye. I immediately focused on the words "much neglected mages", and assumed it would be about the black mages, who I just love. With that expectation, I was at first a little disappointed to see this story focusing mostly on human mages. It took a few chapters for the black mage character to be introduced.

But I have changed my mind about being disappointed. It is nicer to have a writer building a complete story here than patching something together just to focus on the black mages. You seem to be constructing a solid storyline with a reasonable, but not too complicated, plot. Your interpretation of the red and white mage 'orders' and the focus on how magic is used was a nice, original touch.

I have two small complaints. I noticed in the first one or two chapters that you switched perspectives between characters. However, there was no break or indication of those changes, and it took me a few lines to realize that a shift had taken place. I feel a simple bar or a few empty lines would have been enough to fix this. The second thing I noticed is that I had trouble keeping track of all of the red mages. Unless each of them has an important role in the story for the future, I would have preferred to see one or two of them simply not exist. I don't feel up to keeping track of so many characters and who they all are.

When you finally did introduce the black mage, I was very happy with him. I like the way you describe his expressions and what he says, although I think he is a little too comprehending of the situation he is in, too quickly. I imagine the black mages to be more "out-of-it" and slower to understand the world around them, especially after having just woken up.

Your style and grammar are quite satisfactory. I do find myself skiming over some of your descriptions, though, focusing mostly on the speech. I notice it has been quite a while since you have updated this story, but I'd like to see you come through on your promise to finish it.
TheGreatGuy chapter 8 . 6/21/2008
This story is good. It's been almost year again, but please stay true to chapter 8's swearing to finish it, it's been an interesting read so far, and I really like Red Mages, and Eighty-Three. Good luck.
Puck of Cleyra chapter 8 . 12/21/2007
Great update. I had been gone for while and I remembered your story out of the blue! I hope you can update better and I pray that everything that has happened until now is not too terrible. My best wishes to you!
Aye chapter 7 . 8/30/2006
This is a very nice story. I hadn't thought to look in the fanfiction section here (I usually stick with anime's that I've watched) and your fic is a wonderful surprise. :3 In fact, I've started playing this game again, I was so interested in your story.

I do have a question though! Where do you get all your information for the mage orders? Is any of the information created from your imagination? And, are you going to add anything in about the blue mages? I really don't know much about them, so it would be interesting to see what you come up with for them. :D

Anyways, please don't get bored of the story. Your writing is really refreshing, and I'd love to see what else you can do with the mages!
Puck of Cleyra chapter 7 . 8/11/2006
great job! I love how you put back Cera back in the story! i was worried about her i though everyone had forgotten her!This has been a wonderful continuation and I like the practical use of the sleep spell. Once again good job and update soon.
Breeze of Summoners chapter 6 . 10/10/2005
I have to say that I am really enjoying this story. It is incredibly interesting and original; it's good to see someone writing about Lindblum after the attack, considering you don't see it often! I like the characters and plot you have created, and really look forward to more.

The only suggestion I can give is that your paragraphs are a little short sometimes - This makes the story seem unusually quick and choppy. However, for the most part your paragraph length is excellent, and overall your writing style is nice in general, and the story flows. It's only when you have short paragraphs, with no dialogue, that it seems choppy.

Great job, and I look forward to more.
Terraguy chapter 6 . 4/27/2005
Hey. Glad to see this back.

Anyways, another great chapter, and pretty inquisitive too. I'm looking forward to Part 2, and I guess I'll hace to check out the other story too. :)
Puck of Cleyra chapter 6 . 4/27/2005
Yay update. this was a really great chapeter. How long does it take you to write pages. i hope it is quick because i want to see what is happening. Besides having to read a few parts a couple of times it was all really good. update soon.
SkarredMory chapter 5 . 4/13/2005
Anxiously awaiting updates, hoping to see what became of the black mage. _
SkarredMory chapter 3 . 4/12/2005
You haven't updates in so long, I'm just reading your fourth chapter now.
Puck of Cleyra chapter 5 . 12/22/2004
A masterpiece. just brilliant. Keep on updating Please. this is wonderful now i am going to see your other stories...
Vespertillio chapter 4 . 9/30/2004
Ah...another great chapter from you, Lunar. If only you would update more often. But I know what it's like to have too much to do. But if you could update again anytime soon, you would make me very happy. I love this story, and it's quickly become one of my favorite stories, now even higher up on the list than The First.
Terraguy chapter 4 . 9/3/2004
Wow. This is a really good story. Very well written. Practically everything is very well down. I feel sorry for both Eril and Kijo. I'm betting Eril will be the one to input compassion into Kijo, but that's just a guess. I would definitely like to see more on your out look of the mages. Keep it up.

Oh, and I'm assuming that since this is an entirely OC story, there will be no main characters from the game? No introduction?

I love the details you use. Please update soon.
Just Some Fellow chapter 3 . 7/29/2004
Woohoo! You updated! Yay! *bounces* I love this story, the fact that it's original and yet sticking to the main story line. Is Cera dead? That might be a nice change from everything always turning out happy. _ Well anyway, great chapter, the characters already seem to have their own personalities in the first few sentences of when you meet them. I can't wait for the next update, please continue, you deserve hundreds more reviews for the idea and the story.