Reviews for The Chameleon and The Bat
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
There are the obvious pairings in HP fics, and then the not-so-obvious ones... At first glance, Snape/Tonks doesn't seem to be (yeah, RIGHT! :-) )

...but you make it so much FUN!

Absolutely loved it and I'm STILL laughing...

Tracey
Lady Aidil chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
This is really marvellous short story as magnificent as all your previuos fics including my beloved character of HP-Severus Snape,of course-I love all your fics with him and admire them as Im truly glad you used this new relationship Tonks/SS since Ive had hopes that more fics authors would try to develope the opportunities of these two characters-she appears as the person of multitude possibilities I cant halp but imagine as well in love affairs as in other are one of my favourite authors and every time I read the fics onFFNet Im looking for your new instalments.

With hope you will be still in mode to write something new about Severus-regards Lady Aidil.
Redone chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
Absolutely lovely.
Renee chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
OH, wright more I love it
A. K. Brumley chapter 1 . 7/24/2003
That was really nice - short and sweet. This kind of fic is usual my favorite. It's well written, and not lengthy enough so that it takes a whole afternoon to read. You got to the point quickly, yet it wasn't an unfulfilling read. Thanks..

Letoile
Let The Muses Squawk chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
OOh, Snape and Tonks! Now that's an idea I never thought of... but it's very good!
aethre chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
*bounces up and down excitedly* OMG! Why didn't I think of Tonks/Severus? They are my favorite characters I love this! Need more... I am hyper now... heeheehee!

Mage Kitty
Sevi Snape chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
I like my dear, I like a lot, i think i may ahve a new ship ready for boarding soon, thanks to you.

Love Rhian
Ron chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
That was perhaps the cutest thing I've ever read. I'm filled with warm fuzzies, right now. I like that pairing, and you caputured their personalities so well! I'm definately wanting more. :-)
Mylaea chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
My jury's still out on whether or not I really like this pairing or not... lemme think on it.

But a good story, not too overdone in sappiness - just sweet and discreet. And THANK YOU for not forgetting about them there muggles, it would have been so annoying if you just left that thread dangling. And Snape in a sweater... yowza.

Lots of hugs!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
Cute.

I preffer Sev with adult females.

Leave kiddy/prof stories where they bekong, in the trasher.

Your Tonks has a great sense of humour.
smoke tiziana spezzaincantesimi chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
oh

so lovely! I adore this!

First of all thank you for "Dedicated to Tiziana"... wow, it never happened to me. Now how can I possibly say that I don't like something of your story? I cant.

But not because I am blushing, because it is impossible: I just love it!

Ok, I know you like mostly SS/HG (and I like your stuff: i.e. I like this couple as well, to some degree), but Miss Granger is a bit stiff, let's face the truth, and she has too common sense.

In my humble opinion she is better with a man she can rule a bit.

Snape has not this penchant I suppose, I don't see him as a man who wouldn't care of some Granger's briskyness and matter-of-fact remarks. But there so many Snapes down under in the fandom warehouse it would be nice to organise a meeting.

I love this new fandom couple a lot!

I like Tonks' sense of humour. Ok she is clumsy, but not in relevant stuff; she is an auror isn't she?

It means top grades in Transfiguration, Potions... ok we are not pairing Snape with the best student ever, but it is neither like we are paring the grumpy elitist (an ex Death Eater had to be an elitist or a butcher I suppose) Potion Master with Sailor Moon, Luna Lovegood or Ginny-books-1-to-4.

On the other side, I suppose that the student-teacher-kiss thrilling taste is quickly fading away, and all those terrible outcasts-situation with friends looking down at the girl like a sinner (or a victim unaware of her exploitation), collegues looking down at the man like a perv, Snape jobless and son, are not meant to be.

Not exactly an angsty lovers kind of fic I suppose. Even if, somehow, it could be safer to fell in love to someone like Miss Granger, so McGonagallish and efficient, than admitting to be in love with someone who shares some remarkable traits with Mr Longbottom and with the Weasleys twins.

Tonks is still younger (do we know her age?) but she is an independent woman, she is supposed to know what she does.

So, less "perv and desgousting", but less "oh how romantic and fascinating, forbidden and only for mature readers".

Well, to every couple their kind of fic I suppose, style, plot and reader.

Oh, one note: he calls her "Dora". Very nice. Probably you know it but "doron" in ancient greek means "gift", "present" (theodora God's gift, eudora good gift... and so on... nymphadora nymph's gift)

To nymphs you could not offer blood sacrifices, but milk, honey, wine or flowers.

Funny... no angst and sacrifice for this ship then, but something lighter?

It's hard to know... there's plenty of time to build nice clich├ęs?

"But Tonks just smiled and sipped at her tea."

Ok, I know my reviews are terrible, but I have fun with them, and I always leave the author the posibility to remove them :)
Luinthoron chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
I'm really amazed - you can probably make any 'ship work for me... I never would've thought of this one, but it really is just wonderful in this story! Thanks! :)

Marek
Danielle chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
It momentarily appears that I have the honor of being the first reviewer. Thus I must say...finally a non R/T fic has appeared! And yours does quite well. What an interesting couple...Tonks's outgoing personality and clumsiness quite contrast with Severus's (I hate s-apostrophe combinations...never looks quite right) tacitness and smooth, controlled moves. Bravo!
catherine cook chapter 1 . 7/22/2003