Reviews for In the Heart of a Dying Wood
dragonfangjade chapter 2 . 9/30/2006
this is a great story! :D i never imagined a rapunzel story like this one :) i hope u write more stories sometime
mische chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
Wonderfully written. The thing I absolutely loved about this was that it seemed like a small piece, a sliver, of a whole nother story (left to the reader's imagination, perhaps?), because it was mostly about Gareth, and you end up with no real insight on Davin, except at the very end, which by the way, was great. It was almost a cliffhanger, but in one of those complete senses. So I definitely enjoyed this. Yay!
Senna Wales chapter 2 . 2/22/2005
It's been over a year since I reviewed chapter 1 and I JUST found your Thank You chapter today. :) I just happened to be perusing my favorites list of stories b/c I was considering writing a parody of Rapunzel, and then I remembered yours. I reread yours just to read a different interpretation of it before I began brainstorming for my parody.. then I got to the second chapter and was like WHOA you wrote that to me last year and I just read it now. :) Anyway, if you still haven't seen Into The Woods since then.. it's a musical. :)

On reading this fic a second time a year later: Lol, I actually didn't catch the growing old vs. growing mature thing as I did when I was a year younger. (Which just goes to show I may be dumber now that I'm older!) I think that this time around I appreciated the simplicity of your story and especially of Davin a lot more. I think it was much sweeter this time since I wasn't considering the deeper levels of interpretation as much. :)

This is still one of my favorite stories and I'm leaving it on my list. :D
snazy piranha chapter 2 . 5/6/2004
hey,
I loved it! it was very funny, and i usually don't go for funny fics, cuz sometimes they damage the fics, but you are obviously a funny person, so it worked for you! i liked it a lot, i hope keep it up!
(have you read Zel? it's really good, you'd enjoy it!)
oh, and i love the title, but dieing is spelt 'dying', i've made that mistake a lot too!
stupendous job!
*snazy*
zagato chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
Great story! I like the twist and your use of irony. Is there a pun in the title? Because I thought that the word is dying. Anyway, good work and please write more stories.
oscar chapter 2 . 9/10/2003
i loved it! i started a modern day Bueaty and the Beast. it's by oscar. please read it.
Tiger Lily21 chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
This is a wonderful, wonderful story. You should definitely write more stories like this one. Just one thing. In the Rapunzel I heard when I was little, Rapunzel was named after radishes, not lettuce. Whether that was a mistake or your own choice I just thought I should let you know.

Goodbye!

-Tiger Lily21
josh chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
yea...great story...love the idea...guess ure gonna be famous now!lol...no, maybe not just yet...but this story is a great start to stardom...
Senna Wales chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
OMG! I don't know what to do! There's too much that I want to say! Okay, first off, I'll write LOLOLOL! because your fic truly was very funny. I loved how presumptious Davin seemed at first, and how hardened Rapunzel had become to it all. It reminds me an awful lot of Shrek and Fiona, and how Fiona first reacts to Shrek (if you've seen "Shrek" you'll know what I'm talking about). I also loved Davin at the end; he's so real compared to all the other pretentious knights. "Lady of Lettuce," that title 'tis so true. _ And it is so true that Rapunzel is merely an exceptionally beautiful peasant and not a princess. And wasn't Prince Gareth a real knight? I could have sworn he was from King Arthur's circle of knights. I must say that he seemed absolutely perfect when Rapunzel first meets him, perfectly charming and well-mannered, not all bumbling like Davin. But then, oh, that prince! Very ruthless. It reminds me of someone from a published story, but I can't think of who right now. :( I am very sure that your fic is very deep. I just can't figure it out right now because it's 1 AM. There's a connection between growing old and dying and Rapunzel growing up and becoming hard-hearted... That's it! When Rapunzel matures, so to speak, everything else dies because they've matured, and maturing is a step closer to dying. Bah. Bad interpretation. I'll figure it out... later today. _ Have you ever seen "Into the Woods"? Rapunzel and her fairy tale is in it, and "Into the Woods" is sort of a sarcastic take on the "happily ever after" ending all fairy tales have. As you can imagine, Rapunzel does not exactly live happily ever after with her prince in shining... er, royalty clothing?

Right then. Change of subject: Thank you so much for reviewing my fanfic "The Trouble With Good Handwriting." I'm glad you liked it, and I'm glad you wrote a fairly honest review with advice. I really liked your ideas for a longer ending (I agree about it being too rushed). I don't really intend to write more for that fic, but I may rewrite it, and mark my words, I will definitely be considering your ideas. _

I love your sarcastic take on the fairy tale of Rapunzel,

~Senna
does it matter chapter 1 . 7/27/2003
I can not figure if it may be my mind growing vulnerable to whatever one may call the concept of fatigue, easing whatever negativity I may have yearning to lash out. Or if it simply may be the story's attraction and ability to fixate the mind's attention. However, I do know that the author of the story has the foundation to put words together and create great things. Perhaps a more detailed critique when fatigue is not playing a role in the poor functioning of my thinking.
Denial chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
Congrats on a wonderfully original retelling of that story. It was very well done.

Thanks for the story!
Lellida chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
Yay! beautiful you ever read Zel? it's another adaption of Rapunzel and this reminds me of it, not sure why though. Very nice.
lee-gmail chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
Brilliant. I was completly spell bound by your well thought through and enchanting story. Who said there is no such thing as a happy ending these days well done!Time-stitch !
Nosilla chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
Oh... add more plz!
kaio chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
oh this is so cute! i really like it! _