Reviews for Song of the Waters
purple-sorceress chapter 4 . 7/30/2003
I must say I agree with Olwë: journeying to Valinor does not mean leaving the Sea behind, though your Círdan is very realistic, and very wise. I love how you present Ulmo's words to him, and his vision of the white ship Vingilot.
purple-sorceress chapter 3 . 7/30/2003
Nice touch with the Ulumúri and Ossë.
purple-sorceress chapter 2 . 7/30/2003
I did not notice that you had more chapters posted, but now that I have read this chapter...many promising things here, but time just seems to flow too fast. According to the "official" timeline of the age of the Two Trees, the Vanyar did not come to Valinor until after Thingol met Melian under the stars. However, I really like your characterizations, especially the leaders like Elwë and Olwë and Finwë and Ingwë.
Malva chapter 3 . 7/27/2003
This is truly a wonderful story! I hope you will continue and I think you have managed a very good portrayal of Cuivienen, the journey and also the different characters, both Eldar and Ainur. Ingwe being a bit of a incessant prattler *lol* is a nice change from the nondescriptive and flawless image of the future High King that I have met in other stories. And wanting to know how everything ticks is just so like Finwe. I like the restlessness you have pointed out in Elwe and how you haven't made Olwe into a substitute/usurper of Elwe's place. The way Nowe sees the sea really makes it believable that he would never wed.

Great work and it has made me curious about your other stories *runs off to read more* :)
purple-sorceress chapter 1 . 7/24/2003
I think you have done a fine job on portraying Cuiviénen. I would assume that everyone is in character, since Círdan's parents are your original characters. And about the "wë" in people's names, I personally love it-it makes a name sound more noble & all. You're doing good so far, I'd like to see you continue.