Reviews for The World Beyond
GRiella chapter 12 . 10/4/2005
It's so good!Why don't you contin. to write?
Thea Martina chapter 12 . 9/28/2005
oh. Interesting.

Why do I have the feeling that Harry's going to end up a hero here as well?

-Thea.
Old Deleted Account chapter 5 . 9/25/2005
I just found you story so I didn't read all the chapters you have so far. It's good so far. The changes makes my head kind of hurt, though. lol

One question, is this after Harry's fourth year or fifth? Sorry. Stupid question, I know. I just got confused.
japanese-jew chapter 12 . 9/2/2005
hrmm. .. an update would be nice. I don't think you've updated in a year or so. HOWEVER, if you're dead, then I suppose begging for an update would be rather inappropriate. Sorry.
Madam Author chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
I really wish you'd update! I love this story.
puffskein chapter 12 . 8/29/2005
Really engrossing story. Update soon!
Jayde Green chapter 12 . 8/27/2005
Well, Harry Christ of Surrey damnit! Just when the story became interesting, you threw out a cliffhanger and then you DISAPPEARED. And there's so much more you've yet to explain! What changed Snape? Why are James and Remus gay? Where's Dumbledore? What kept Riddle from going rotten? Who the frell is letting the basilisk out? Is Harry going to be a Gryffindor and DO something about it? One thing I'm going to have come down on you for is Harry's characterization. It's ... it's just wrong. Of course, OOCness is rampant in fanfiction; that's the natural order of things. But this Harry is so scrambled that it makes ME feel scrambled. It's as though you've made an alternate version of Harry, yet this is still "our Harry", who CAME to the other world. Harry does not belong here; he should not be a "bizarro" form of himself. If this was the real Harry, he would have probably gone mad, or flown into a rage, or thought this was Voldemort's doing, or found a way to kill the basilisk before Cho could die. He would have been proactive and DONE something. He would not have attended classes and made everyone think he was insane and let people push him around. The near-fight between Harry and Malfoy and Ron was extremely encouraging. THAT is Harry. You hit the nail on the head for one scene; follow that example and you'll get it right. I'll just have to accept Harry's character as a plot device, though, because this story would not work if he was himself.

Wow, I've been really critical with this fic. I guess it's because this story has so much potential that you haven't taken advantage of. I've read so many amazing dimension fics - but I've also read many, MANY more that were a literary trainwreck. This is not a trainwreck. This is more like a kid running into the curb on his tricycle. You are basically creating your own Potterverse, and it has to be coherent and make sense. Where did these worlds separate? It doesn't seem to have much to do with Riddle at all, despite the fact that he's somehow a Hufflepuff (?) and not the Heir of Slytherin (I'm assuming this). At this point in the story, this *does not make sense*. But I have faith that "The World Beyond" will improve - if it ever progresses at all.

(Which I hope it does. :D)

Jayde Green chapter 6 . 8/27/2005
Sirius's wife is, of course, Lily. Knew it from the first time he mentioned he had a wife. And James was the Potter Quidditch player. That, too, was a given. Neville is terrible and needs to be eaten by a Skrewt!

I'm trying to understand WHY things happened here the way they did, but there doesn't seem to be a reason other than what I said in my last review: "just because". Why is Colin a year older than he is at home? Wouldn't he not be Colin then? Why are Snape and James friends? Why is Sirius so different; why did he hate James; why did he marry Lily? (Did he dislike James because James wanted Lily, but Sirius beat him to her?) What made Hermione into such a duffer? Why did Arthur and Molly go so wrong and why was the Weasley family fractured? I'm probably asking too many questions, but this seems like nothing but a bizarro world thrown together to make things difficult for Harry. And it's not even Harry; this is a gormless, meek creature that shows faint traces of GoF!Harry every once in a while. This is not a flame. I'm writing out my thoughts and trying to make sense of the story you are telling. It doesn't look like you've touched anything on this account for over a year though, so my suggestions don't matter. I'll continue and hope that my questions will be answered in future chapters. And I can't wait till Harry meets his parents, or tells everyone about himself and his life!

Jayde Green chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
Oh, I do love a good dimension fic! I hope you go into more detail about WHY the people in this world are so ... screwed up. It's ironic that you switched Molly and Arthur's roles; ARTHUR loves Muggles and MOLLY is the ambitious, prejudiced one (she really is. You have to take off Harry's glasses to see it). Molly Weasley does not like Muggles. She views them as something related to peasants. Oh, and Molly's maiden name was Prewett. I wouldn't have mentioned that if this had been a Pre-OotP fic, but it isn't, and so I am allowed to call you on that. :D Ron and Malfoy are making me ANGRY and I can't understand Ginny. wtf? Slytherin does not equal 'slut' or 'bully'. Except in the case of an asshole like Malfoy. Wow, I REALLY hope you explain all of this, because it's going to fall a bit flat in my opinion if it's left as "everyone is the opposite because it's a different world" which basically means "just because". Oh, I forgot - Harry and Hermione are irritating me as well. They're too timid and need to stop acting like they got lobotomies over the summer. Neither Harry nor Hermione are tame little sheep ... Harry is a ticking time-bomb because he holds things inside until he explodes like he's been poked with an Erumpet horn, and Hermione is downright SCARY. I mean, she knows everything, has a horrible temper, and she can lie and manipulate people like the best of Slytherins! She should BE a Slytherin. Really. I'm done now, by the way. I'm going to keep reading as well. :)

Shinigami Ace chapter 12 . 8/15/2005
this is really good! YOu havnt updated in ages! please write more sooN!
Aerieth chapter 12 . 8/5/2005
I really like this story, so please update it soon.
Tmctflyboy chapter 12 . 7/25/2005
update, i want to see what would happen next, and when will harry grow a back bone and do something for once and be the hero he was befor? update soon
Never Odd Or eveN chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
I'm loven this fic, added it to my c2
EriEka127 chapter 12 . 5/19/2005
Love it! Please continue the story though - I noticed you havent updated for over half a year.. please do!
Teldra chapter 12 . 5/10/2005