Reviews for Ambrosia of the Sea
pyr0 chapter 13 . 9/29/2004
We! A sequel! For us? Aww _ *hands the author some rum*
Polychrome chapter 13 . 9/29/2004
Ok, I'm shamefully late in getting around to reviewing here. But I had to let you know what a great, well thought out, well written story you've constructed (and do you know how rare that is these days?). And, of course, I'm now dying for the sequel. I can't wait to see how you carry this into the movie. I can't wait in general! This was a great, cliff hanger ending. So congratulations! And can't wait for more. :)

Cheers
BetaReject chapter 13 . 9/26/2004
A beautiful ending! Love how the tension still remains between the both of them and how to the very end they remain in character. The underlying feelings that Barbossa may still have for North was delicately done and greatly appriciated. I can't wait to read the sequel on this D
SibilantSibyl18 chapter 12 . 9/4/2004
Great chapter, Steph! I really enjoyed your exploration of the animosity b/w Bootstrap Bill and Barbossa... :) This chapter was extremely enjoyable- you're doing such a great job with your portrayal of Elinor. Beautiful writing, as usual! I hope you're able to update, if you're not too busy w/ school and such...

:) ::mad applause::
Rachel Sparrow chapter 2 . 8/24/2004
ROFLOL! A drunk Jack the monkey! I love it!
BetaReject chapter 12 . 8/23/2004
Oh you finally wrote! Nice chapter very dark and yet very fitting. I love the banter between North and Barbossa those two are such an entertaining pair. I hope you keep North with Barbossa and don't have her run off with Bootstrap cause that would be too bad. Anyways I wait eagerly for next chapter )
Polychrome chapter 11 . 6/17/2004
Wow, it's been a while since I've been back to this story (thanks for sending your notices to my yahoo address, by the way. I'm not using the hotmail one anymore).

That being said, wow. What an interesting turn things have taken. I was NOT expecting Barbossa to have killed her father. Of course didn't have a clue WHAT to expect at all, which is what makes this story extra good. I'm hoping we get to hear all about their adventures trying to recover Elinor's crew and ship in Port Royal. And Morissey's turning out to be a very interesting villain indeed; a 3-dimensional one. Can't wait for more.
BetaReject chapter 11 . 6/14/2004
This was another really intence chapter I enjoyed how you portrayed Barbossa and his crew slowly learning of the curse. Ironically enough it gives them an air of innocent niavity which I found to be quite refreshing. I look forward to the next chapter )
emiliana007 chapter 11 . 6/11/2004
nice one, steph. i really liked it. and use of sources - spiffy!
kyranosa chapter 10 . 5/18/2004
sweet
pyr0 chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
Update, update, update update update..UPDATE! *laughs manically* :P
Christine chapter 10 . 5/4/2004
Aw...poor Barbossa. He gets with a girl, but turns out he had killed her father in the past. The poor guy just can't win. :0(
Christine
BetaReject chapter 10 . 5/3/2004
This was a really intence ending! I really liked how it was Barbossa who killed her father and how she realized this truth too late. It's a great way to end the story how through his greed and lust for power he lost everything that had any meaning to him )
SibilantSibyl18 chapter 10 . 5/2/2004
YAY! You updated! I'm so so so incredibly happy; I've been wondering when you would continue with this, dude.
I loved the subtle Handmaid's Tale reference ;) Gotta love Margaret Atwood.
Great chapter. I think it came out excellently- it flowed very nicely together, and your writing is, as always, fabulous, Steph.
I loved learning more of Elinor's background- that section was fascinating. :) And yeah, it's gotta stink to have slept with the man who killed your father. Oh well. At least Barbossa will be punished horribly in the future... no aples... tear tear...
Great great job!
pyr0 chapter 9 . 4/21/2004
*claps hands* Bravo! You are an incredible writer. Write more, if you still keep in with this story. It cannot end like this! lol :-P
-Le Queen of Procrastination-