Reviews for Learning To Live Again
Catlady1960 chapter 5 . 3/15
Love this story! I wish you would finish it.
KatSkan chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I think this is a wonderful story! The plot is compelling and I enjoy your writing style. Also, I'm glad that this isn't a slash story... That would just be weird between Snape and Dumbledore.

I hope that your personal matters are improving and that you will someday continue this story. Regardless, thanks for the great read!
Catlady1960 chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Mrs. Kennedy-you are an amazing writer. I read a lot of fanfiction and you are one of the best writers I have read. I know you haven't posted anything here in a long time but I would love it if you would begin again. Best wishes.
Ayla-tan chapter 5 . 11/7/2012
Awesome story, but... will you continue soon? It seems as if you've abandoned the story. I hope not, as I think it's awesome, but seems that way, especially judging by the last update date...
ihavenocluewhattoname chapter 5 . 7/21/2012
I know its been a long time since this story has been updated, but please continue! I really like this story and I hope that it will be updated...eventually.
Alethea chapter 5 . 6/18/2012
Guys, this story was written in 2003, when OotP had just been published. The author therefore cannot know what happened during the final battle so stop obsessing over it!
Ayla chapter 5 . 5/8/2012
Continue? Please?

Don't get disheartened by mean comments- I like this story and I'd be very sad if you wouldn't continue... :(
Anon chapter 3 . 4/23/2012
Sorry, but you've got the date of the battle wrong. It's on May 2, 1998. The trio was still at Shell cottage during March - this month span roughly chapters 22-25 in Deathly Hollows according to the HP Lexicon, so either your information is from before additional information was released or you've gotten something completely wrong. Then again, seeing as this is an AU I guess that doesn't matter.

I don't know how to say this in a more constructive way but your retelling of the battle is really boring. The wording is boring, the events are boring and the tone is boring. A lot of it is redundant information and padding that in no way seem important. Saying "these people of importance died, the rest were hurt and some houses burned" is really all you need to tell at this point. I don't give a fig if "some people hadn't been heard from since the end of the battle but were expected to be heard from". Keep your writing short, concise and to the point. Anything beyond that should either have an entertaining or high emotional value such as "that person fought valiantly and died".

It's a shame since I really wanted to get through this but I can't read this stuff. You have a plot that should be weird enough to at least keep me moderately interested but somehow not even that works. Better luck next time.
Anon chapter 2 . 4/23/2012
For the love of crêpes, don't put an A/N in the middle of a chapter! It breaks the flow completely and looks childish.

On another note, no one needs to say that pregnant males are rare. We know that. Everyone knows that. At the most you could mention it in Snape's thoughts briefly to establish that it is a rare occurrence in this universe - but other than that any mention is as superfluous as saying that the water is wet.

Why do you switch to Pomfrey's POV after Dumbledore's outburst? Throughout the scene it's been Snape's POV, flickering like that is not nice to us poor reader who have to try to follow your sudden switch. We have our hands full with following your plot mind you, don't make matters harder than they have to be.

Throughout the chapter there are occasionally missing words. I'd suggest you finish writing before posting.

Exclamation marks are overly dramatical for narration. Keep them for dialogue and the occasional A/N.
Ayla chapter 5 . 4/13/2012
Shit... poor Severus! And Dumbledore, too, though at the moment I'd like to strangle him for how he's acting towards Severus- though I realize he's also under stress and doesn't intend to be like this. I hope it can be cleared soon, so that he regards Sev's feeling in this a bit more thouroughly. I like to think of his relationship to Snape like a father/son relationship, or maybe better, very close friends (as close as Snape will let anyone, but I definitely think Dumbledore is closest to him), so it really doesn't sit well with me that he acts so disregarding to Sev's feelings, only seeming to care about the baby, though his breakdown showed that he wasn't intending that.

Ouch, Minerva and Molly know now...I fear poor Sev will have to face much more mollycuddling now. Though on the other hand, at least that is kind of positive, as it will certainly strenghten his bonds.

By the way, I'm very glad that you mentioned right off in your first autors note that this wasn't going to be slash, since the thought of Sev being, well, gay and getting knocked up- it doesn't sit well with me at all. Especially not with Dumbledore. I like the old man, but, he's not supposed to be Snape's lover at all *shudders*.

Sorry for the rant.

But now that Minerva and Molly know, it'll be even harder than before to keep it secret. To be honest, I had kind of hoped Harry or Hermione or perhaps even Ron would find out first, but maybe this is better. Poor Snape will be very distressed (really, I was surprised he didn't have a breakdown much much sooner, keeping everything in can't be good) at them having found out, I imagine and if Harry had been the one to find out first... well, he never really was on good terms with him and just because Harry recognized him as a good man (or hero, whatever, I think you'll get my point), those feelings of hatred will surely make it awkward for them to get along well at first.

But Voldemorts last curse truly is cruel- I am still reeling from the shock of realizing what he really intended- thank god Harry snuffed the guy out before he could succeed. It's bad enough as it is.

Very very good story!

As a side note, is it just my computer acting up, or why is only about a third of the page used? It lenghtens the chapter considerably, but it's kinda unnerving to read with such short lines. I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose (and probably it's just my own computer anyway, but I thought I'd mention it to you, just in case it wasn't).

Please, update fast, okay?
ertyuiop chapter 5 . 4/9/2012
Mcgiggles chapter 5 . 9/4/2011
Omg I love how u potray dumbledore (as a douche) and I am like gonna b mad if snape dies and I love this last part and I think Ron or Harry needs to walk in or something and make it that much more fun but good job so excited to c what happens
narutonarutolove chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Ohhh shiiittt!
musme chapter 5 . 8/15/2011
I like it
shadyvale1963 chapter 5 . 5/18/2011
I read the first five chapters and I really enjoyed them however judging by the posting dates I assume that this story is no longer being updated. I am very sad to see this because I would really love to have read more of it. Anyway I wanted to tell you what I thought.