Reviews for What He Wouldn't Give
Erik's Bride chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
Aww this makes me fell actually very sorry for Norrington. I must admit I was always cheering for Will, because well he's O.B (can you really blame me?) But this made me see Norrington's side. It was beautiful, good writing. :D
Sparrow's Hawk chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
OMg this was so so so sad! poor Norrie! stupid ellixbitch! she needs to die...hurtting poor norrie that way. great fic i loved it9 just so sad-bawls-)
sessnine chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
oh! I like how you portrayed Norrington! Very well written!
Meethrill chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
heh, :) this is cute. :) by the way...

I'm deleting my story Through The Arrow to repost it, and I promise it's better than ever. :) I thought I'd tell you and everyone else before i started the actual procedure. :) please read and review the new one, which will be called through the arrow.

meethrill
Jehan's Muse chapter 1 . 8/17/2003
*squeals* No! Not my poor lovelorn Commodore! *crying* That was beautiful. The song wasn't really necessary (though I say that for all songfics...I don't really like them), but the story itself more than made up for it. The whole stabbing thing is just so "Romeo and Juliet." I actually cried.
Scurvy Curr chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
Intresting.
saraangelino chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
props for much originality! I agree, a lot of will and jack ff out there, this was very interesting and unique. Unfortunately, I didn't know the song you were using (thank you for putting in the notes what song it was, now I will have to dig it up somewhere!) I think it was a great short story.
whydowefall chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
Oh! *bounce* This was really great! I liked, because if flowed together nicely. That and I'm in a song fic mood and that's a great song.

*bounce again* I'm tech savvy... just figured it out myself, actually, as to the italics. What you do is instead of saving your documents in a normal version, there should be an option to save in 'HTML' version. You don't need to do anything else if you save them like this, though you may have to respace because it go wonky... E-mail me if you need more help!

Paige
Sage of Hairspray chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
Pretty good. Really good, I'd say, except for the cheesy "chocolate eyes" line. Of all the overworked eye-color adjectives, that one's the worst. It's like "M, chocolate..." *pluck* *munch-munch*. Kinda ruins the flow of the story when you think about eating someone's eyeballs. So if you could find another way to say that, like "He struggled to see through the ambush of tears" or something, that would be cool.
Paige Darke chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
Well done. I can't help you with the tech stuff, since I am DEFINITELY not tech-savvy (heh) but I will tell you that this was an excellent, beautifully done fic, and it's good to see something..y'know, not about Jack or Will or Elizabeth.

THanks!

Paige
PatchworkDK chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
First off, I would like to thank you for writing about my favorite character: Norrington. The poor fellow did everything right and was wrong anyway. So thank you.

I liked the story, especially how you wove the song and the narrative. I was right with you up until he actually committed suicide. I think he'd definitely contemplate it, but I think his sense of duty to the Crown would stay the Commodore's hand. This is, of course, a matter of opinion.

My favorite part was the line about if he wore black and broke the law would Elizabeth love him - that line just shines. A master stroke, truly.

Very good story, and a very good start to PoC fanfiction (yours was the first I'd read).
melia chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
Finally! someone else who doesn't think of Norrington as a heartless barstard! You've done a good job. Now I must go find that song on Kazaa, listen to it, and read the story again.

Beautiful work!
August DuMonte chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
aww, that was great! twas so sad! and the emotion really gets to ya, it hurts! it hurts I tell ya! ..and also, mad props for using a song by Queen in your fic. That in itself puts it above every other songfic I have ever read. granted, I don't make it a habit of reading that many, but yours was excellent. EXCELLENT. and it made me very, very sad that you had to go and kill off poor Norrington, you horrible person. So now I'm gonna go add this fic to my favorites list and do some mad necromancy. yesh.
Miss Ichtus chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
that was really great. It had real emotion to it. wow
Anyanka of the Ocean chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
i liked this, it was different from most things i read