Reviews for Duality
blytonsfan chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
I'm not a fan of femmeslash, but this is an extremely well-written fanfic. You have taken time to probe into the characters of Connie and Bridget, two characters who don't have major roles in the books and I think you have expressed your interpretation of the characters beautifully.

Hope to read more of your work.
Katharina chapter 2 . 8/1/2007
That was great, paranoidkitten. You've obviously abandoned the fic, which is a shame, because this left me wanting more more more!
Katharina chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
I really like this story! Gosh, it's such a long time since I read Mallory Towers - I was mad on Enid Blyton when I was a kid - this is bringing back memories.

I like the way you've drawn the characters, and the dialogue is very good. Also, you've captured the atmosphere and politics of a school full of teenage girls very well.

On to the next chapter!
Tallulah Grammar Songstress chapter 2 . 1/11/2007
Very creepy and yet pretty plausible. I always felt Connie and Ruth's friendship, and Bridget and Moira's relationship, were two of the darkest things in the books. I feel so sorry for Connie in this, you got her feelings across really well.
TheAtlanteanEmpress chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
quite good
JAX chapter 2 . 6/29/2006
Wow. I've never looked at Blyton's books like that before, and normally, I'm really against incorporating that element into her books, because I honestly belive that Blyton would not be happy with that sort of thing.

But. This was good. The violence of Bridget, the desire to be wanted and needed by someone for Connie was outstanding. I really enjoyed it, and can't wait to read more! Don't be long with the next chapter!
katrina chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
very cool, very creepy.
interested chapter 2 . 1/12/2004
fascinating. twisted portrayal of sisters that you at once try to deny but can't ignore. pain and pleasure is twisted in that beautifully dark way that usually only BTVS fans try to pull. i love bridget's edginess, and connie's simple naivete. characterisation is true and interesing- draws you into the story. i think the last thing that bridget said will be a new fav line of mine for a while.
Please continue.
Dartxni chapter 2 . 8/11/2003
Wow. Some how I dont see this ending well. I wrote a short about this same subject but it wasn't nearly so violent.
unoriginal-elizabeth chapter 1 . 8/5/2003
This is one of those relationships I glanced right over in the books - but looking at your story, it's a very interesting one. You've made me take another look at both of them, and I think you've set up their relationship very well, especially with Connie, who has always had such an all-absorbing relationship with Ruth. It's very believable that she would fall in with Bridget. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Eijentu chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
*How* did I miss this? It's sublime :)

Language and flow are perfectly Blytonian, but this is consistantly true of all your Blyton fics :) Wanted to say something half-useful before lapsing into rambles about how much I just loved it.

Particularly the way Bridget latches onto Connie in a way that perhaps the girl isn't aware of - it's almost insidious, and yet perfectly believable. It's a very strong special friendship you establish here - and I can't quite put my finger on why, but it is :) As useful as that statement is.

Bridget is quite terrifyingly creepy throughout this, though Connie's self-justifying reasoning is not far behind. And yet neither of the girls becomes unbelievable or beyond the reader's grasp. They're both still utterly real schoolgirl.

I was blown away by this part:

"In fact, she was affectionate in return in a way that slightly unsettled Connie, given that it was directly at odds with her new friend's prickly attitude towards everyone but Connie herself. When she thought about it, Connie was proud that the girl who detested everybody else liked her enough to link hands or sit so close she was almost on her lap. Mostly she simply took it for granted that Bridget would fill the empty space by her side."

Sorry for such a long quote, but it's perfect. It suddenly slapped me across the face with memories of my own highschool days, and much as the circumstances were quite different, I can immediately feel that same sense encapsulated in those lines.

*Sigh* I rambled, as I knew I would. It's just a beautifully constructed piece :)