Reviews for Times that Taint
mkhz chapter 1 . 8/30/2016
Don't know if you meant to do this, but... the prologue of this story is the prologue to your Mummy story "Sketch of Distrust." I suppose you accidentally replaced the actual prologue here. It makes absolutely no sense otherwise, so I'm hoping my assumption is correct.
GreenNebulae chapter 14 . 2/18/2013
Wow. This was amazing, it was a great take on Mulan's future and i loved it.
Arthur091 chapter 13 . 1/12/2013
You're evil indeed sir! Although it was a good ending nonetheless, after all, she became a legend on her own, at least that is what I can picture after. Cool!
Arthur091 chapter 12 . 1/12/2013
So she did it?
Arthur091 chapter 11 . 1/12/2013
Ouch! Things are getting worse by the minute
Arthur091 chapter 9 . 1/12/2013
Phew saved in time!
Arthur091 chapter 8 . 1/12/2013
Well, have seen man that scream like that so she may be safe yet...and she's certainly better without being discovered because otherwise this story must become R rated...
Arthur091 chapter 6 . 1/12/2013
Yay let the adventure commence!
Arthur091 chapter 5 . 1/12/2013
Interesting!
Arthur091 chapter 3 . 1/12/2013
Interesting! Wanna know already!
Arthur091 chapter 2 . 1/12/2013
Wow, interesting story! Gotta love the character's development!
Araedia chapter 14 . 9/13/2011
While browsing through the Mulan archives, I happened to chance upon this story, and I'm truly glad that I decided to read it.

Your writing was beautifully lyrical, and the heavy helpings of history (however you may have manipulated it at some places!) just added to the depth of the story.

I'll admit to being one of the hopeless romantics who believe that Mulan and Shang are meant for each other, so I'll see your ending as having a lot of potential for a future meeting. Thank you for writing this incredible story, and I hope you write many more.
SilverWolf1499 chapter 14 . 9/1/2011
Wow. I was just browsing through the old Mulan section for a change of scenery and I found this story. Wow. I was hooked on it! It was writen so well and really made you see the darker unfixed anti-disney (don't get me wrong the movie was good) side of the Mulan war. I love it! I also love the bit of history in it. It made the story more realistic. Anyways, I have this love-hate thing for the ending. I love that it gave me some freedom to think of what happened and I hate it for the same exsact reason. Huh...I would definatly like see more of your work!
TheMusicofMySoul chapter 14 . 6/23/2011
This fic was downright amazing and is definitely one of my favorite Mulan fics ever, if not one of my favorite fics period.

The way the story was told was wonderful: simple and to the point, but just enough that I could see the whole thing playing out in my mind.

The ending was evil and left me with a knot in my stomach though, not knowing if they'd ever meet again.

I adored it wholeheartedly. Just thought I'd mention that again.
shortbandie9 chapter 14 . 1/14/2011
Well, first, I am sorry that I am only just now reading this story but I have only recently become interested Mulan fanfiction. Second, I think this story is great! Usually you don't find stories written like this on fanfiction simply because it's mostly kids writing that haven't yet established such great writing skills. This story was really a breath of fresh air in my opinion! However, I don't really like the ending. It wasn't very satisfying for me only because I am a hopeless romantic and would have liked for them to not be separated. I do like that you left it open for us to imagine whatever we wanted but I would have preferred to read a happy ending because I love to read! Despite my feelings towards the ending, I still believe this story was truly great! Thank you so much for writing and sharing it with us!

- Heather :)