Reviews for Echoes of Light
Nothing chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Let me start by saying that you are a very dedicated author [judging by your continuous sequels that I didn't read(_)]. reason being I didnt read it is because

1) I'm not a Mud- Flame- shipper [although I am a windshipper]

2) I only saw your stories [the titles] about 7 minutes ago

3) I just feel like putting a number 3

Overall, I'm not trying to offend you on number 1, I just prefer the switched pairings[meaning switching those 4 characters]. But assuming from what seems like a thousand reviews[I think], good job! [I don't even have to read it to tell it's good, although, I think I'm going to look at Breeze]
clyk48 chapter 19 . 6/2/2011
The ending certainly does feel a little rushed, but I still liked the plot in the last 2 chapters. Perhaps when you do have time in your life, if you can revise the chapters with more depth and description, that would be awesome
kinglumption chapter 20 . 2/27/2011
...its Really completed...:O

This series you've made with these pairings are fantastics, though i thought they lacked some really good fight scenes, no offence bit i gave up hoping this would be finished and i only checked this as an afterthought because of the dark dawn release, good luck with your futurr projects and please put some more fight scenes
Master Sword True Owner chapter 20 . 2/10/2011
Oh. My. God. That was amazing. Let me tell you that i have never come so close to crying in my entire life when Mia died. Not just in this book, but in 'Adrift in Despair' as well. I first read this story somewhere around July 2010 but i never got to see the last two chapters until now. It's so beautiful. I've spent the few weeks reading this entire series because i saw you finally completed this. To be quite honest, I wish that you would keep writing fanfics. You've inspired me to make something like this in the future. Not the near future (especially since I'm writing something even bigger than this chain of stories) but something eventually. Speaking of that, there is something I wanted to ask you. The last time I read your story, i asked you something but never heard back from you. So allow me to ask this one more time. Would you please allow me to use the psyenergy eater idea in my own story? I won't be bringing Despair back but I will be using the same genreal idea of what it's like to be used by one to become its 'vessel'. And yes, I will be using it for Golden Sun. In fact, it's the second half of the book i'm currently working on. My writing may not be as wonderous as yours, but I would at least like the chance to make my story more intricate. Please say yes.
Watashiwa-Nanashi chapter 20 . 12/30/2010
I *must* be seeing things. I took you off of my alert list years ago, and yet not four days after getting Dark Dawn I come across the story, finished.

It's not my ideal ending, of course. But it's AN ending, and represents the culmination of literal YEARS of work on your part. Congratulations. I mean that. You and Triad and all the other Golden Sun fans whose works I read painted my daydreams for years.

While I'm a bit sad at your decision to semi-retire, it's not wholly surprising. This got to be a bit of a chore, I imagine. I hope that someday you'll be able to look at a word processor and write out more adventures in the world of Weyard, and still hold on to the magic that brought us there.

Now that the sentimentality is done, how about some proofreading?

""To the very heart of Sol Sanctum. If my theory is correct, we may find something there that can save Isaac and Mia."

"I hope this works," Garet muttered.

"As do I," Picard added. He glanced at Mia's still face. "Even if this is a fool's quest, we must try. It's the least we can do.""

This is kinda awkward. Garet's just seen Isaac and Mia dead, he's not going to be blasé about bringing them back. No one is. Make them excited, energetic!

And also Felix's outburst against Alex. While you said that it was uncharacteristic, I also think it was insufficiently verbose. Felix would have a lot more to say about why he and Alex are different.

That's all that jumped out at me, and it's real nitpicky. I'm an English major though, so this sort of thing is what gets me.

On a different note, have you managed to play Dark Dawn yet? I'm trying to get other people's opinions on it, to see whether I'm alone in not being a big fan.
Kweez chapter 20 . 12/25/2010
I remember reading this a long time ago, before 07 even, and wishing this was finished. I'm glad it finally was and honestly was one of the first fics I seeked out because I remembered it that well.
Rensaur chapter 19 . 12/2/2010
Midnight C. i love you. thank you so much for finishing. i do admit the last 2 chapters was like you said (and a few others), seemingly incomplete or rushed, but i'm just so happy the story ended happily. :) maybe you can come back to it and revise it some more but THANK YOU!
Cryptic Ash chapter 20 . 12/1/2010
Holy cow! I'm so happy that this updated!

I don't have much to say, but... thank you VERY much for completing this. The ending was adorably sappy and I was smiling the whole way through.

Now, I'm going to be a bit cheesy. Back when I was younger than I am now, you were my favorite author, hands down. Not joking about this at all. I loved your stories and how you portrayed the characters. The details were beautiful and I was always sucked into every chapter that you wrote. I think that there were a few times I stayed up later than I should just so I could read some of your stories, haha...

You were my first favorite author and... well... I don't know how else to say this: Thank you for being awesome and inspiring me!

I'm going to end this review before it gets more embarrassing than it already is. And I'm sorry for writing more about you than this chapter when this is supposed to be a review.

One last thing: I am so happy that this had a feel good ending. I'd thought that chapter 18 was the last chapter, which was a real heart crusher. Knowing that Mia and Isaac will be together is just so very awesome.
Anonymous chapter 20 . 11/30/2010
Thanks for finishing this! :D

I liked the ending, so I wouldn't be worried. Much.

I felt like I should apologize for pushing/harassing you to finish, so sorry!

Good job on finishing! Hope I'll see more of your stories in the future.
DutchAver chapter 20 . 11/29/2010
It's finished! WAHOO! You've written two really good chapters - the ending of the first last chapter was a little sappy, but hey, I love sappy - and I really liked the epilogue and the happy ending you gave Isaac and Mia. It took you a very long time, but we got what we've been waiting for Well done, and I hope you'll write a Golden Sun Dark Dawn fanfic, but I know all I can do is hope as you're retiring ( Why do all the good writers seem to quit nowadays? Anyways, keep writing even if you don't publish it online - it'd be a waste to lose such a good writer ;)

(By the way: Lucky you for having Golden Sun Dark Dawn already... some have to wait until December the 10th ( )
Leon Darksword chapter 20 . 11/29/2010
I joined this site after finding your work on a Golden Sun fanpage, one you had with Triad Orion and someone else I forgot. I was what...14 or 15 when it happened and since then I branched out to the many fanbases has. I've even tried my hand at writing, though I discovered having the ideas and actually writing them are two different things. Now I'm 21, and my oldest favorite series is finally finished, (and let me tell you...I nearly choked when I got the update notification in my inbox) and it gave me some closure to the characters I loved to read about. To the person who introduced me to the wonders of fanfiction, I say thank you. Thank you and may good fortune grace any present and future ventures of yours.
ViktorMayrin chapter 20 . 11/29/2010
Last Update: A Brazillion Years Ago.

I was all, "HuhWAITWHUT."

Epic double take during my bible class when I saw the name on my phone.

*dramatic pointing* You managed to finish 24 hours before the release of the sequel!

Though I am sad to say it appears that Isaac and Mia do not end up together, as Mia has two children and Isaac has one and they aren't related. *sigh* Oh well.
Isaac of Vale chapter 19 . 11/28/2010
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I don't think you'll ever know how much it means to me that you finished this. I've been reading and gushing over your work since Against All Odds. There were so many times through the years that I thought of your work. I have always considered your stories (mush and all) to be among the very best in the community, and yet I would be filled with regret for that last, unfinished work. With this, I am vindicated in my waiting. These stories are more than stories for me. For me, they have made the world of Weyard come alive.

That said, I will admit that compared to the rest of the story, the last two chapters seem a little sketchy and, dare I say it, unfinished. Sentences seem rather sparse and without descriptive ornamentation. I really wouldn't feel comfortable citing this as an issue without giving an example, so here is a prime candidate:

"Footsteps approached. Sheba was the first to recognize the figure ambling towards them. 'Kraden,' she said softly.

Here is another way to phrase it:

As the battered group stood transfixed, staring down at the broken bodies of their friends, the sound of footsteps could be heard approaching softly. Not quite ready to believe that the danger had passed, Sheba tore her eyes away from the ghastly scene before her to behold a familiar figure. "Kraden," she breathed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no writer. I'm not quite comfortable giving criticism to one of my childhood heroes, but I figured that since the review feature is meant to provide constructive criticism, it would be a disservice, both to me and to you as the author, to leave a review of empty praises after so long an absence, and so long a struggle on your part. Above all else, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to finish this work. You'll always be one of my favorite writers, and I hope that you will continue to write in the future, whatever your subject may be.

-Isaac of Vale
Dr. Osborn chapter 20 . 11/28/2010
WOW... that e-mail was so random... BUT THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

and just n the nick of time too, dark dawn comes out in the states in like 4 hours! this is how it should be, mudshipping ALL THE WAY! but camelot visionlessly announced valeshipping cannon GAHHHHH! but who cares, thank you again so very much for completing this legendary fic. HOORAH!
Featherian Kari chapter 20 . 11/28/2010
Ahhhh oh my god you finished it! Seven years and you did it! I had to do a double take when I saw the alert in my inbox, haha. Great ending!