Reviews for A Taste of Misery
I have to say... You know it's been a good fic when you get to the end of it and require arm flailing to deal with all the emotions that it has made you feel! This Fic was superb! Thanks for writing it! :)
Sailor Pandabear chapter 25 . 1/16/2014
nice
Fangirl622 chapter 25 . 11/30/2013
This was bloody amazing! ;) Wish I'd discovered it sooner, but I haven't been reading Pirates of the Caribbean fanfiction for very long. Great job, you're a very talented writer.
Medeina chapter 25 . 8/10/2012
I'm crying right now, the melodramatic, sheltered, over-emotional snob that I am. You're story is beautiful. I could only pray to have the level of skill you so clearly possess with words.

I have one criticism for your story. I'm sorry but I feel like I should say it: I feel as though making Brian, a young man who Elizabeth and Will only knew for eight months, one of the godfathers seems rash on the parents part. I understand Commander Norrington, but not Brian. The vibe I got from that bit was a lack of diversity of characters. I may have missed an important bit of sentimentalism that justified that, but I felt like I should let you know.

Brilliant story. Thank God you had him get better, I would have been devastated if you hadn't.
wwfmegan chapter 25 . 5/9/2012
That was a good story. :) Well done
CaptainThetaSigma chapter 25 . 9/8/2011
Wow. My mind has been blown. This was literally the best fanfiction I have EVER read, and I've read a lot. You are a very talented writer, and you captured (not that Jack can be captured) Jack's voice perfectly, as well as Elizabeth and Will's. I loved every minute of it...fantastic.
Veritas chapter 25 . 5/28/2011
I cried...how beautiful! Jack was pleasantly in his element, er, or out of his element, as it would seem. Bravo!
xJuniperx chapter 25 . 11/13/2010
Because this was written 7 years ago, you will probably never even see this comment, but I feel I must say something or forever wish I did.

I first read this fic when it came out! Crazy, I know. I was 16 and completely enthralled by the imagery, the characterization. This fic made me look at a franchise (which I already respected) in a whole new light. You give depth to a mysterious character like Jack Sparrow in a completely believable way.

But something happened with this fic that never, never happened before or after. It stuck with me. When Dead Man's Chest came out in theaters, it took a lot to convince myself that Jack would not be imprisoned. But I wish it had all played out like this. Reading something as great as this, you realize that PotC can and should be an emo angst-fest. Why not?

Anyway. It's 2010 and for some reason, out of the blue, I decided that I had to read this fanfic again. I couldn't remember what it was called or where I had read it 7 years ago and it was agonizing. But finally, after serious searching and racking my brain, I found it and swallowed it whole. I am ready to read the sequels for the first time and I am so excited.

To me, this is what happens in PotC. The movies are the fanfics. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope I remember this fic in another 7 years and find it again to escape into the world which you have created.
F8WUZL8 chapter 25 . 1/4/2010
Oh. My. God. You have got one hell of a masterpiece on your hands! Congratulations with this fanfiction, and I'm off to read the next one (I'll give a more detailed review when I finish reading the others), but you should know that this is a beautiful fanfiction! I love the ending!

-F8tey
adele4 chapter 25 . 6/16/2009
That was great! I loved it – though I found the torture-scenes hard to stomach, as well as the one where Will yells at Jack. The plot is solid (I liked that letting Jack go wasn't something too simple), and you have great characterisation of everyone; I loved Will's and Elizabeth's bits, how they helped each in their own way, and I kind of love pregnant Elizabeth having to put up with Will being overly careful. XD She's amazing. I loved Ana and Norrington a lot as well.

I really liked how the story of the child was dealt with, especially how Jack didn't -get to- break down right there and then, which would probably have been melodramatic, and then his whole healing-process.
Jazz Fulcon chapter 25 . 2/2/2009
Awesome story. It must be to have over 450 reviews.
Sephy-Noir chapter 25 . 12/21/2007
Wow I felt so bad for Jack but the end really made me smile.
artsfan chapter 25 . 9/9/2007
Hi, I just read your story, and I was captivated from the very first chapter. The fic was wonderful, keep writing!
Sunrise Sets chapter 25 . 6/18/2007
I'm eating quesadillas, drinking root beer, and I just got finished reading a GREAT story. Can it get any better?
sUnKiSsT chapter 25 . 5/31/2007
fantastic job on this. i have the hugest smile on my face!