Reviews for On Board a Godforsaken Rock
DracoMaleficium chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Ah, it was so refreshing to read this again in-between working my History of Literature assingment! I do believe that it's one of my all-time favourite Esca fanfics. The style is so wonderfully witty and sarcastic, the anegdotes colourful and delightfully amusing, and the voice of Dilandau hovering somewhere in the piece sounds really natural, unforced and believable. Perhaps it might be considered slightly OOC, but then again, Dilandau is a very complicated character and actually focusing on his undeniable intelligence and scathing humour (and he CAN be pretty sarcastic and surprisingly witty when he has a mind to) instead of his lunacy and pyromania feels like a breath of fresh air. There are more than enough ffs focusing on him as a bloodthirsty maniac, but not nearly enough exploring the other side of him which I've always found so incredibly compelling, so kudos to you for developing that. Throughout the story, it actually does read like something Dilandau would write when forced to do so. I couldn't point out my favourite parts, since there are so many of them, but the one about Dilandau's intelligent musings while on the observation deck or the hilarious hallway-remarks are definetely out there, together with the Evil Inkwell Conspiracy.

There are some premises of the story I would not agree with (for example the one about Dilandau and the Dragon Slayers being friends prior to the forming of the unit, or the one about Dilandau having his early military training on the Vione), but what the heck, the Zaibach plotline is ambiguous at best and leaves so much room for interpretation that any fanfictioner can actually do with it what he or she pleases.

Now you made me want to read that book which inspired you. It sounds like a great read.

Thank you for giving me those relaxing moments of smiling to myself in pure enjoyment. Will definetely be coming back to reread it soon, and more than once.
Chibichica710 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Hahaha! OMG! That was hilarious! And very well-written, too.
Songbird chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
Brilliant! What more can I say? Very funny...
Nara Merald chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
Oh. My. God. MASTERPIECE! I loved the sarcastic humor, not to mention Dilandau's little flashbacks. Definately a fave!
Tiggy of the Wind chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Love it. Just love it.
DarkFlame136 chapter 1 . 11/24/2004
I am familiar with neither the author nor the book, but I did enjoy reading this one. awesome one-shot!
Phyllis Nodrey chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
Brilliant. This is sheer brilliance! In fact, 'tis the best humorous Esca one-shot I've ever encountered in the 13 years of my life! (Actually, the first 7 years didn't count cuz I didn't start watching Esca till I was 8 but ne'er mind that...)

You might want to check for a few spelling errors, but otherwise this piece is well thought-out and flawless. It's brilliant! I could read it forever! Good job!
hawaiikel chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
lmao this was hysterical! whats a foot soldier? isnt it basically the army?
Vee-San chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
lol, my favourite part was the bit with the weapons, that was ace, that it was XD though, the entire thing was awesome, that it was -

VDG
Threshie chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
LOL! On the contrary to your belief that this fic would be viewed badly, I enjoyed it very much. I particularly liked Dilandau'ss thoughts while on the Vione's command bridgge standing next to Folken-hehe. (Btw, I am Couy-chan's sister, for the record. ) I must now investigate the rest of your fanfiction soon.

Likely I'll c'ya in a future review. 'Bye till then.

-Threshie )

w. /
June-kun chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
WOW! This is great! I think this is one of the best fics I ever read! I'll tell my sister about it right away! I love Dilly and his Slayers so much! PLEASE KEEP WRITING!
Eva chapter 1 . 6/22/2004
*SNORT* Ah, funny stuff, that. XD I'm not normally a fan of humor-fics of any type, but this was really very enjoyable. It had a nice flow to it. Thank you for an entertaining read.
Yugismpuzzle chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
OH MY GOODNESS...THAT WAS HILLARIOUS!

...I just finished reading this, (i'm in school right now, in computer class and i had nothing to do, so, i logged onto ff), and i kept laughing in the middle of it. I've gotten several weird stares from my classmates. We're all supposed to be quiet, but i keep laughing every 10 seconds...*whispers*...i think they're jelous that they still have work to do, and i'm doing something fun...*wink*

Anywho, I just want to say, i loved this story. It's so cool.!

And i needed a good laugh, so, thank you for that.

Jaa mata,

Yugismpuzzle
Little-Kitsune chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
LOL! Very funny! _
Rouge Mage chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
*blinks and falls over giggling.* Very funny indeed.