Reviews for Tree of Life
Guest chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
You are awesome. I am filled with reverence for someone who can butcher the structure of the English laguage with such skill and still write an incredible story.
Niwaki chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
nice I like it thank you...'

it was a bit confusing sometimes but when I slowed down a bit and reread a setence or two it made sense thank you
CrimsonCobwebs chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Phew, nearly forgot to review this (finished it a few days ago). Its so strange and surreal, yet very compelling. Such a unique and odd idea. Very thoroughly thought out and excellently executed.I loves me Zidane _ I hope you write another FF9 fic soon, your work is very inspiring! I will read the epilogue to this soon...
forest-owl chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
I loved this story! It's so inventive and detailed. Definately and intriguing idea as to what happened to Zidane at the end of FFIX.
Ginger Ninja chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
That was beyond fantastic. I've never read anything so amazingly surreal before. You are such an amazing writer. Wow, wow, wow! I don't think anyone could write a tree scarier than you. That scene before all the voices was so alive! I don't think I could ever write anything like that. I am in awe.

_ GN
unwinding fantasy chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
I have to question Iifa's view of symbiosis. After all, she is harming Zidane so that would make her more of a parasite... but then again, Zidane also shares her energy (you mention he doesn't need to sleep etc.). How confusing!

I like the little subconscious connections Zidane has towards Garnet (like his affinity for "I Want to be Your Canary.") It shows that some things are so deeply rooted that nothing can drive them from you. The description of Trance is also wonderfully subtle, yet so true. The fact that the light comes from nowhere, but is just *there*, is a perfect way to describe it.

When I came across Yggdrasil, I had no idea what it was. A quick search on good ol' wikipedia remedied that, and I have to say your inclusion of it was very refreshing. (I'm a sucker for fics with deeper mythological connections.)

Favourite section:

"You're hysterical, Iifa."

"In what manner does Iifa display unstable behavior?"

(I love those characters that are completely oblivious to figures of speech. Athough Iifa is a little scary.)

And finally, a couple of typos I found:

"Iifa was lately more patient with his compulsive movements *that* she had once been"

"A snug orange pants suit traced her slender form..."

Now, I'm pretty sure there's a sequel somewhere... *wanders off*

~Aqua~
Tsakhi chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Excuse me while I collect my breath... Okay, who, this was great. There was just so much emotion and depth to this story and the conversation was so fluid. I was immediately drawn into the story and it didn't let me go until I finished it. This is just great, it really is. You are a great writer, ma'am, but I'm sure you already knew that. Great job, now I'm off to read more.
Arpy chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
Exceptionally wonderful.
jimmy the bish chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
this is great! im gonna read the sequel right now
Glandrid chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
That sure does explain a lot. I really loved to feel of this fic, especially the starting. It was very... sureal? Is that the correct word? Hm, I don't really know, but it was worth the time it took to read XD!

Great job Myshu, fantastic in every aspect.
Metallicafangirl chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
This was...

Amazing. And it makes sense, strange formatting aside. It makes perfect sense in that Zidane could not possibly have just climbed out of the Iifa-root prison.

And I liked the use of quotes from the game, and I absolutely loved the conversations with "she".

I would never be able to write this, never in a million years, but I can do nothing but admire the mind that thought this up. It held the same high quality all the way through, and it was confusion with a purpose. I wish there would be more FF9 fics written in this manner.
Guardian1 chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
Oh hell, I have never been so sorry for not editing a review before I finished the story since Prositen's "No, It's NOT Rufus" epic. (As a note, when I finally got to the very end after pressing the 'send' button prematurely like a man who needs a doctor's appointment desperately, I loved you even more.)
Guardian1 chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
... How the HOLY HELL did I miss this?

This is one of the most compelling, original, captivating and utterly mad FFIX stories I have ever read. Your absurdly beautiful prose doesn't overpurple itself, like some people who are gifted with that do; you mix it very well in with the practical realities of Kuja, and the Iifa, and oh hell your characterisation of him won me over from the start; what is an incredibly dark story is mixed in with a brand of very subtle, entertaining humour ("It didn't even make sense, grammatically..."), remaking and poking fun at the sort of 'dark' genre of fanfic. I am utterly gibbering and hugely irritated that I have never read this before as I am desperately in love with your clever mind.

Best post-game Kuja fic I have ever, ever read. Fabulous job with the Iifa tree (good lord, you made a TREE a realistic and compellingly horrid character) especially with the Iifa as Yggdrasil. This was a thrilling ride through Kuja's head, through him coming back to his sense of self, and you painted his emotional torture with an expert brush. And for all of 's crappy formatting, this looked brilliant (thank goodness it came before the wretched days of QuickEdit).

Watch me as I bore anybody I know who likes FFIX with demanding they read this. It is utterly your fault when my friends start to avoid me. (Call me gushy, but in what is sometimes the horrible wasteland of FFIX "Zidane goes 2 hi skool adn is a sk8r boi" fanfic, this is a shining and exciting jewel made out of chocolate crack.)
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
When I first read this story on RPGamer, I was like: "Whoa. With fics like that, FFIX is never going to be forgotten!" To put it simply, it has to be one of the most original FF fics on this site. Too bad it's never going to become very popular – but that's just because of the R rating.

Anyway, it's a great, amazing story – dark, mysterious, very confusing and a bit disturbing (especially when the Tree started to act violently), but that's exactly why I loved it so much. Not to mention that I'm impressed with your writing skills. You really shouldn't worry about your style and vocabulary being too complicated (...that is, unless you're trying to write for a horde of badly educated pre-teens, but I doubt that's the case), because it's just fine. I'm not a native English speaker, and yet I didn't need a dictionary to understand about 99% of these 'big words' you used… so it can't be that bad, can it? ;) In fact, I was awfully pleased to read such an… eloquently written story. It was a nice break from the usual, much more simple and colloquial stuff.

Oh, btw... When I started to read the fic for the first time, I was mislead into believing that I was looking at a wonderful Kuja fic. Then, a couple of pages later, I finally figured out it was all about Zidane... but, surprisingly enough, it didn't make my excitement go away. If anything, I grew more and more interested! Well, you certainly have a huge amount of talent and imagination! Please, post more FF fics in the future!
Sadako Tetsuwan chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
Muahahaha! I would have read this through a second time, but I just came to review for the time that I did read it. And seriously, I don't mind your use of big words. Just try and stick to big english words, since I'm no fluent in other languages containing big words (such as Verfugungsdivision...) and stay the hell away from 'bourgeoisie', and I'll keep reading you stuff.

Now, I should probably start my re-read of KotM, since I stopped reading it, like, 3 years ago...when you stopped writing it. Hehe...

-Ryoka