Reviews for My Assignment for OBAFU
bbgirl17555 chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
Wondaerfully sweetie. It is so nice to see some non Riley bashing fics. Really love your characterazation too. The voices sounded pure canon.
Queen Boadicea chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
This is a good Riley-centric story. I have to admit that I wasn't a Riley fan for a long time. But that was because of the awful way they had him leave the show. Before that I rather liked him. He also came to seem pretty good compared to Fish Face with his stalking, abuse and attempted rape.
Star2717 chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
Hey! Thanks for your reviews. I'm now in the process of checking out your stories.
You made me like Riley! You are an evil, evil human being!
Seriously, though, terrific story. You really captured both the Buffy voice and the Riley voice to perfection.
Happy writing,
P.S. I lurk at TWoP all the time... do you post there?
Gyrus chapter 1 . 9/9/2003
This is a nice piece. Your "Buffy voice" is very accurate, and you have an eerily good grasp of the psychology of teenage boys. (I'm still surprised I finished high school without having blown any of my fingers off.) There are also some good, funny lines, AND you manage to show Riley in a positive - but realistic - light. If you're ever looking for a beta, drop me a line.
Nikitangel chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
Wow, you did very well writing about a character you don't like. Riley had a little respect in that story, unlike in most fics I've read. His characterization seemed right on the money.
Queen Boadicea chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
Thanks for giving us a PRO-Riley fic in spite of your dislike. It seems de rigeur for everyone to hate Riley. I don't know why. Admittedly, I wasn't too fond of him after he left Buffy after blaming her for his issues but before that I thought he was rather nice and sweet. So Buffy goes from him to a stalker/serial killer/panty sniffer/bloodsucker boyfriend and every Spuffy out there turns handsprings. Guess it's true what they say about nice guys finishing last.
Spygrrl chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
I'd call this piece a success. :) That was really sweet and a great portrayal of Riley - I think you did him justice. I could just picture him being a mischief maker when he was younger - so cute. :) And you definitely nailed Dawn there at the end. lol
Anaiya Illyria chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
this is good i didn't really expect to like it as i really really don't like riley but as all things in the buffyverse he served a purpose anyway this was good just thought i'd let you know that
Dlgood chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
This is a nicely written piece.

I think that you do a very good job showing the sort of easy interaction he and Buffy shared during this period of their relationship.

With Riley's the story within the story, and the glimpse into his childhood, I think you do a good job depicting the sort of adult he is.
HonorH chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
Excellent work, Leanne. This gets an A. Be prepared to lead a discussion group in Controversial Issues.

Miss H