Reviews for Just Like His Daddy
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
A great story. Very good.
Delu chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
White hot flames of dom, huh?

-snick-

I loved the way you portrayed Jack's point of view. I could almost hear him saying those words to me; see the dry ink on the yellow-brown paper before me, read it off with just that bit of slur to make it real. Amazing.

Simply, marvelously amazing.

- Lulu
Asher Elric chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
I must say, this sounded exactly like Jack. Don't ask me why, but I think you did a great job. I like that thing on the Mutiny as well. Nicely done mate.

ta,

Midnight Island
CMP12 chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
You know, I can't really see Jack as being that straightfoward about anything. I don't think Jack would sit down and say outright "I'm evil and I'm not sorry." I don't care if you mask it with pirate talk and a couple of film quotes. Jack sees things in more shades of grey than most people, and he wouldn't refer to himself in such black and white terms. While the general idea of people being friends but hating each other at the same time is interesting,it just doesn't work here. It was fairly well-written and I liked the bit about india ink, etc. But the concept is far from Jack's persona, in my opinion. Jack may not always be the good-humoured fellow he appears to be, but I just can't see him having this sort of line of thought. Not to mention it makes little sense if you truly think about it. If he believes he's evil and he's not sorry and this is the way he is... then why should he be upset? In order to be upset about the way you are, you have to dislike yourself.

Do you see what I mean?

Jack doesn't think he is evil. And he never will think he is evil.
Catmint chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
Interesting.
Thistle chapter 1 . 11/21/2003
Dude, that was good.
Lembas pot chapter 1 . 11/20/2003
Could you possibly carry this story on, please?

please? PLEASE?
Soappuppy chapter 1 . 8/17/2003
Yum!

Oh, it's so lovely not to see a Mary-Sue! :) And someone who can spell "Davey Jones' locker", at long last. :) Thank you!
Papat K'Tanah chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
Very very good. The idea that Bill and Will were just that much alike is scary.

I only have one pick at it... if Will and Bootstrap looked THAT much alike, how come Jack didn't know him right away, instead of mentioning that he just looked familiar?

Otherwise, I love the story, and this line:

They say when fate closes a door, go in through a window. . . or some scum like that. All I know is, fate closes a door on me, I'll bust it back open with me pistol butt, claw it down with my bare, bleeding hands if I must. And it's a lot easier to do that if you aint afraid to go under the rules.

Rum Runner Love! - Rosie
Vioshine chapter 1 . 8/7/2003
I love it! Gosh, I saw that movie twice already and both times I love Cap Jack Sparrow more and more. And I usually don't go for the rough, criminal types. What can I say? It was close to the character, a bit angsty, very good. Are you thinking of writing anymore PotC fanfics?

Vioshine
Nerikla chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
Crap? You call that CRAP? *smashes Crunchy with a barrel of seaweed and chases after it* Crunchomatic, that wasn't crap! That was great! Let me high light some of my favorite moments, you bilgerat:

1) The constant use of the word bilgerat. What a great, great word.

2) "...the color the sky gets when the night runs black like India ink." Wow. I love that! India ink...runs black...beautiful, Crunchpod. Simply beautiful.

3) "*You forget your place, Turner.*

*It's right here. Between you and Jack.*" E!

4) "Bootstrap Bill was different. He went screaming." *shudders* That was particularly poignant.

5) The word schlub. I love it.

6) "I didn't ask the boy to come." 'course you didn't, Jacky. *pets*

7) The part where I *tackleglompsqueedumpinfluff* Crunchmeister and RUN!

Great job girl! Love it!
Doll Face4 chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
Crunch, my dear, i believe you have NO idea how much you just made my day! I always check to see if you've updated/written anything lately and today i just about flipped when i saw a new story.. and not only a new story but a potc story.. you see, i'm totally 110% obsessed w/ potc and this story is simply 110% GREAT! i love how you put it in Jack's point of veiw and made it really seem like he was telling you a story. Like, seriously, i could hear his voice saying all of it. Great job as usual my dear, and keep writing!

your faithful reviewer,