Reviews for The Sorceress Diaries: Book One
Malacoth chapter 13 . 9/11/2011
A small mistake I guess even Hermione could have made in the emotional uproar :) Great writing in this fic so far, and, although I really can't count myself among those able to quote canon, spot on in my head for the character of Hermione so far. Wunderful read, really!
F Maurice chapter 21 . 8/9/2011
Great ending. I'll read Book 2 very soon.
F Maurice chapter 7 . 8/9/2011
Good. I will keep on reading and I'll review again after several more chapters.
Grain de Sable chapter 21 . 4/21/2011
Here, I came to the end! I noticed a few minutes after my first review that your last update in this story was 7-year-old, but never mind, I'm still going to review for the end of Book One, even if you're obviously not likely to reply, as ffnet told me you didn't update since 2008. Sorry for cluttering your e-mail box...

So let's talk about that great fanfic of yours. That's just so... nice (pleasant?) to read something like that. The strange feeling about how Hermione talked about Harry definitely disappeared! I think it was just a bit weird to have a very closed to Harry character's point of view. But it went all right almost straight afterwards, because for people who love the Harry Potter books, your story is like an appendix (dunno if I use the correct word, sorry), it's what happened, but told from someone else's POV and faithful to the original story.

You managed to keep the atmosphere of the fifth book so that it looks as if we actually were back in the fifth book, but in the meantime, it's less serious, it's a bit lighter, because, of course, Hermione is not the "Chosen One", and she doesn't have to stand the same pressure as Harry.

In fact, I'd say that everything is rather well-balanced, which is quite rare in a fanfic included in the books' plot. The romance with Ron (by the way, they're so cute _), Hermione's worries about the upcoming war, what's happening with the Order, what she thinks about Harry or Ginny or V. Krum or any other character, her revisions... I mean, everything is at its place (some of them are more important than the others, and you make it appear), and that's really enjoyable. :)

What's more, you don't forget humor, and I think that point is essential in a diary (sorry, Hermione, it's a journal! ;p). As I said in my previous review, it's more or less similar to Mia's, but it was on purpose, wasn't it? Anyway, it's a really nice humor, and you master it in an awesome way! *_*

Usually, I try to find a few things I don't like in the story, but now it's getting late, and I can't see anything I didn't like and anyway, as you certainly won't read this review...

I hope you kept writing, even if you don't write in ffnet anymore See you maybe in another fanfic of yours! And thanks for your awesome work!

Bye ;)

PS: sorry (again) for the uncorrect English language you might find...
Grain de Sable chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Hi ! Just found your fic, and though I guess you don't really need more reviews, here I am...! (yeah, I enjoy writing reviews)

So, the first thing I wanted to say (about your first chapter, I didn't read the next ones yet)... yeah, it looks like the Princess Diaries, but not in a "I-just-copied-her-style-because-it's-funny" way... I mean, you managed to move it from Mia's to Hermione's point of view, in your own way. I don't know if you see what I mean... Well, in short, yeah, it's obvious you've been thinking about the Princess Diaries when you wrote Hermione's, but the result isn't some pale imitation of M. Cabot. It's a really good adaptation in the wizarding world, and it looks like what I would have expected from Hermione.

It's just so like Hermione to list everything or to have "weekly goals"... :D

Except... the way she talks about Harry... that sounds weird... I can't say why, sorry -" I'll see if that feeling remains in the next chapters, but maybe it's only due to the fact that I'm used to Harry's POV in the books, and as your fic (or rather, what I've read until now) looks like it's included to the books... I mean, Hermione is close to Harry, so it's weird to see what she thinks about him (the other fics I've read about Hermione are often kind of OOC...).

Anyway, I'm going to stop this meaning-less, useless, unorganized review and read more of this fic of yours _

Thanks for writing !

PS: I'm French, then sorry if I made a few grammar mistakes and/or if you're having a hard time trying to understand what I wrote... ;p
sophie chapter 21 . 6/15/2010
i can't believe you ended this story with no mention of emotional satisfaction. how could you?
Daydreaming Lover chapter 21 . 2/8/2010
*Ofcourse* it's not a diary!

Lol, keep up the good work!
Daydreaming Lover chapter 15 . 2/8/2010
Great Chapter!"Well, well, well, Ginny Weasley." HAHA!
Daydreaming Lover chapter 14 . 2/8/2010
Oh, Harry'll be angry alright.

JAYO! Taiwanese for "Keep going"
Daydreaming Lover chapter 10 . 2/8/2010
I liked how you made Mione realize how Ginny matured since then.

Keep up the good work.
Daydreaming Lover chapter 9 . 2/8/2010
Loved it."Or perhaps…dare I write it?...Ron's finally growing up"

Haha, you gave me laugh when I needed one.
Daydreaming Lover chapter 8 . 2/8/2010
Nice chapter! Loved the Weekly Goals! "Do not resort to yelling and/or crying."
Daydreaming Lover chapter 6 . 2/8/2010
Nice reaction to the elf-heads!
Daydreaming Lover chapter 4 . 2/8/2010
Um, HI! I've been reading your story and was planning on reviewing at the end, but I couldn't! Oh, the temptation! So, I will drop in every once in a while to review.

Oh, I absolutely LOVE your story! Good thing Hermione isn't like Emma, eh?

Oh, and the last line: "I will not cry", was this close to bring me to tears. Keep on writing!
Miss Lyra chapter 9 . 1/2/2010
I cannot believe I haven't seen your fics before, but they're brilliant. You've given me a lot of new reading material, so thank you. I love Hermione, and your characterization is spot on. I also enjoy the way you follow the book (at least until now), but fill in all the blank spots. And Mrs Crick is an amazing creation. Don't we all know (and hate) one?

One tiny point of critique: though your overall style and spelling are perfect, I believe you misused the word "nonplussed" in this chapter, in the sentence describing Ron's reaction to Bill liking Fleur. Nonplussed actually means perplexed or confused, not unfazed or unperturbed as I think you meant. Apparently, it's a common misconception...

Moving on to the next chapter, Lyra