Reviews for Hajime and Tokio
Been looking for stories about Saitou's wife. This story is the best. Reading this in 2017. :)
Orange et Blue Morality chapter 3 . 1/30
Ah, Saitou Hajime might be an honourable man, but he still has pieces of darkness in his soul (there is a good reason why he gained the nickname the Wolf of Mibu). You've managed to show that very well with the depth of the character pieces. It was interesting to see the way Saitou punishes himself by staying away, trying to restore his own sense of honour to himself. I'm also enjoying the additional sides to Tokio that we get to see slowly as they spend more time together, as well as her new resolution to simply stay with him for now because she finds herself fascinated by the flame of his duty.
Orange et Blue Morality chapter 1 . 1/30
The first thing that stood out to me about the story is the characters. They are so vivid that I could see them stand out from the story as their own people.

The vividness of Tokio herself and a peek into the life of Hachiko Izumi was a very welcome surprise. It's not always easy to write in a historical setting involving female characters as there are too many pitfalls that most writers usually fall to. It's all too easy to write them as damsels-in-distress, for one, or to be independent in a way that is anachronistic/too modern for the era (a well-educated woman said to live in such an era better have a realistic back story that explains how she gets all her knowledge, for one). You've managed to write Tokio as a woman who knew her own mind and knows the challenges she would face trying to survive in her current time, but without turning her into a Sue. I take my hat off for that.

Of course, it stands to reason that your characterisation of Saitou is also spot on. He detaches himself from most day-to-day affairs, but he's always driven by his love for his country. Yet trying to write his agency doesn't present as many pitfalls as it would trying to write Tokio's, so I still think that writing her is harder (and that you've managed the greater achievement on that front).

Also, excellent details on Saitou's job! Yes, he'd have to do a lot of information gathering, what with him having to build a case to his superiors. I enjoy the way he was trying to teach Tokio about it and ease her into supporting his job. It also explains why he hadn't really thought much over involving her in it - he wasn't madly in love with her when he married her and theirs was mostly a marriage of convenience (and his guilt for skewering her), so why shouldn't he get her assistance for work-related matters? That was an excellent setup of their situation on your part.\

Okita is also mostly in character, for what few glimpses in the past and flashback that we get. I find some parts of his last quoted words in the chapter a little odd/unusual for someone of his background, but it's a trivial detail. It's probably the modern-sounding words that piqued my weird-meter.
tfwk22 chapter 20 . 10/1/2016
I find it extremely hard to tear myself away from this story but *screams fangirlishly* Okita has a secret daughter! I love the way you portray all the characters.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 3/12/2016
Damn. That was a thrilling opening and it's clear that Tokio is a surprise that will keep Saito on his toes. Fascinating work!
Katita-chan chapter 1 . 8/1/2015
I just wanted to let you know how much I adore this story. This is the 6th time I've read this work, it really never gets old for me. The story line was what drew me to it at first, but the character development is what keeps me coming back again and again. It is my favorite story on this site, but more than that, it is an excellent piece of fiction. The subtleties of the writing and the dialogue are particularly intriguing. I cannot say enough of this story, or your writing ability. I just wanted to let you know how much I love this story. When you create something you share a piece of your soul with the world. Thank you for sharing this piece with me, and everyone else who has read this wonderful story.
SaitoLaine chapter 23 . 7/14/2015
I am weeping so hard.
I completely fell in love with Saito and Tokio's relationship, and having him die and leave her was too much for me to bear. Her following him made me cry harder, and Okita's death at their graves just finished me off.

I don't even know when you wrote this, but it is hands down, the best Hajime Saito fan fic I have ever read. I hope somebody turns it into a movie someday.

Now, I somehow have to find a way to complete work on my presentation in time for tomorrow morning. :-)

Best wishes from Nigeria.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/24/2015
I haven't read something so attention-keeping in a long time. Ugh and I had chores I needed to get done tonight - oh well, on to chapter 3!
Michelle chapter 23 . 11/19/2014
I started reading this to pass the time a couple of days ago, and I haven't let it go since. It's one of the most wonderful stories I have ever read, and believe you me, I'm quite a reader of both fanfiction and actual published books.

Thank you for writing this. It may have been years since you've written this, but this message proves that what you have written is timeless. A part of me wishes that someone would pick up this story and turn it into a manga or a series, but I believe that wouldn't be able to do your work justice.

Again, thank you for breathing life into Hajime and Tokio. I've never really given Saitou's wife much thought, but you have made her one of my favorite characters. Wherever you are, whether you still check your account, I hope you're still writing :)

All the best,

M
Yorik chapter 23 . 11/17/2014
I first read this fic many years ago, and find that it there's something about it that keeps me coming back. You should commend yourself on writing something so beautiful that it lingers long after we've said goodbye. Thank you for this.
ichypa chapter 10 . 9/29/2014
My reaction to the reveal in this chapter was literally "WUUUUUUUUUUT?!"
BewareOfFlyingMonkeys chapter 13 . 9/20/2014
i love your story. you're a very good writer.
TOSoldtimer chapter 23 . 8/8/2014
Wonderful tale. Couldn't put it down (except to wipe tears at the last sad chapters). I loved your resurrected Soujiro most of all. Thanks for a fabulous trip to Meiji.
Kyu-Momo chapter 5 . 4/26/2014
Oh my God that first scene... I could NOT stop laughing!
It makes it all the more hilarious in that I can just SEE Saitou hoisting up an unsuspecting victim, glaring them into obedience, and then when all is said and done, walking away with a fluffy bundle in a box for his wife with said victims cowering in his wake. bwahahahaha!

*is still cackling and fangirling like a maniac*

bwahahah this is awesome so far! :3
kyomineko chapter 23 . 4/16/2014
first of all let me release my fangirling mode to you lol XDD *jumpandhugs* aaaaaa i want to give you a loooottt of bone crushing hugs right now and never let go! thank you very much for the super marvelous story! XDD
at first i kinda imagine what would it be if tokio would die first and then we'll got to see how hajime handle her leaving (i'm evil am i O_O) , but the man would be truly devastated if that happened wouldnt he? i think he will lost his mind at the very second she had her last breath,and it would be a very very painful sight that my mind has suddenly stopped and refuse to imagine it hahaha. i like to think that tokio is his last rope, his last thin barrier that sat on the edge of his ideal and realities, loosing her would make him questioning everything that he had done and everything that he had ever trusted before, he will definitely blame himself.
somehow i still can see tokio live a rather peaceful (at least quiet) life after hajime died with her granddaughter and everything if she ever choose to continue live on instead, but not hajime, i dont think his other family and friends would be able to help him keep his head and sanity intact at all. but, well, there is also a possibility that he would remain as stoic as ever, at least on the outside, unable to feel anything as he numb him self. but still i think it wouldnt last long as i could only see a gore and bitter sad ending if that would happend. tokio is more flexible in her life that in this case would make her stronger than hajime, but hajime is too stiff for his own good that everything for him will only go to the most extreme point, as the same as how he see the world as in black and white with only a very small range of grey, loosing tokio whom he loved dearly would shattered him to the core and trampled him to god-know-where state.
aaaa i just cant get enough of them, i hoped it wouldnt be too late for me to begg and crawl to you for more chapter or for another story about the saitous, XDD i've been trully and madly fallen in love with them! and especially to you and to your story! i swear from now on i would follow you everywhere lol! ENCOOREE PLEASEE! XDDDD *hugssupertight*