Reviews for The Steward's Tale
crmagic chapter 15 . 12/18/2014
Incredible story...beautifully written...I hope your muse visits you again and you finish such a lovely tale...
MuggleCreator chapter 15 . 11/21/2014
Wish there was more of this. :)
Forged Obsidian chapter 15 . 12/6/2013
I know that it may be doubtful for this fic to continue, but just let me say that you certainly left enough of a story that my head is currently running itself ragged chasing down different endings that match up with the one in your earlier story.
Thank you for the wonderful tale, that was well written and well thought out.
yumeniai chapter 15 . 3/7/2013
Your Boromir is one of the best I've read so far, so brave and true, so enduring and prideful through it all. It was seriously painful to read all the things you did to him (really, he has the worst lot out of all your characters!) and it's even more painful to see the man who was once called one of the greatest swordsmen in Middle Earth unable to even walk on his own. But you've written a beautiful story nonetheless and I loved reading every word of it!
Really hope there's more to the tale (and more to his not-romance with Gil! I still don't understand why Aragorn did as he did in the epilogue of your previous story, not giving Boromir's son the title of Prince, instead taking it back and pretty much giving Gil and the other children no real standing at all!) but it's been three years, even if you don't post more, what you have here is more than amazing. Either way, thank you for writing such an amazing story!
A hopeful reader chapter 15 . 5/24/2012
Still hoping that you'll finish this story... Just re-read The Captain and the King, and this story, as I do whenever I long for more Boromir, and the book/movies aren't enough. I've tried to read other "Boromir lives" tales, but I've yet to find one I like to return to as I do this one. I beg of you to write more :)
Mirrow of Galadriel chapter 15 . 3/13/2012
Wonderful story. Pity it's unfinished. )-:
watin77 chapter 15 . 2/7/2012
oh! i just found this fic- after having read "the captain and the king" first, of course- and it is wonderfully done. i know it's been three years since you last updated this, but i'm still hoping that one day you might come back and decide to finish it!
Bronson chapter 9 . 12/4/2011
I know it's unlikely that you'll ever update this fic again but i just wanted to leave this heartfelt thanks for this fic and its prequel. Just gorgeous writing. It reads so well that i can pretend it's Tolkien canon, that Boromir hadn't died and actually went on to have the closest friendship with Aragorn as well as attain some absolution from Frodo. I love the plot, the political intrigue in The Steward's Tale that enriches my head canon of what Gondor might be like. I love he characters, they're all so human and grounded and interesting, down to such a minor character as the villager who helps remove Boromir's chains. And i just LOVE how the dynamics between these characters, their friendships, are so alive and so profound that i can never doubt their affection and loyalty to one another. Urgh, just so sosooooo love what you've written. I do hope you finish this fic someday! I keep re-reading your fica when i'm in desperate need of inspiration. :3
Minstrel of Gondor chapter 15 . 7/17/2011
Looking forward to seeing how Taleris dies - in battle or by Ciryon's hand.

update?
Priestess of Dan chapter 15 . 1/19/2011
In the past two and a half days I have read both of these AUs and am presently madly in love with you. A friend can testify that I was very upset after the epilogue (to her amusement), and all I can say is that I hope for nothing more than for you to continue this story. I desperately want to know how Boromir and Gil come to be together. I'm torn between Gil becoming his mistress and some sort of morganic marriage.
Cosmogyral chapter 15 . 1/3/2011
I must say, I applaud you for your writing skill. I have absolutely loved every word of your story (along with The Captain and the King)! The diction is spectacular, the characters are firmly set and developed, the setting is easily imagined, and the dialogue is smooth as well as revealing. The only thing I can think of, just to keep in mind, is the usage of the word "wont." I noticed that in The Captain and the King you started to use to word weal quite often, and in this story your word is wont. I love the word, don't get me wrong, sometimes it is a little overused, though. However, I pray that you are still writing and/or continuing with this story. It is a vivid, realistically Middle Earth story that I enjoy immensely. It would break my heart if you gave up on it. Good luck, and thank you for writing this wonderful piece. I look forward to seeing more!
Victoria Alatamir Wan chapter 15 . 6/17/2010
Wow. 15 extraordinary chapters in a single day is a bit too much. (Haha, I'm going to be in trouble for not doing my summer homework...but it was well worth it. ;P)

Amazing job, as always, and please update soon!

V.
Daughter of Olorin chapter 15 . 5/14/2010
I am embarassingly late in reviewing but I'm FINALLY getting caught up with fic updates. Let me tell you just how damn impressed I am with all this political maneuvering and intrigue and the ensuing attacks and Aragorn's battle plans, etc. You are ridicuously too good at all that! I loved this line: "Imrahil's grey eyes burned with eagerness, while Taleris' were dark and distrustful. I was very curious if Aragorn would actually trust Taleris' thoughts on Aragorn's trap. But then again, what else can they do-trust him or not, the plan would still be the same. I am loving Boromir and Gil. You just want to smack them around and tell them to get it together. But I do find it funny that she thinks something is wrong if he's not being ornery towards her. This was a great line-"I would still be Little One to you, were I as tall as the King himself." So glad Faramir went to deliver the news rather than some random messenger. Plus, Boromir really needs him right now. I have missed seenign the brothers together. Although, I would like to smack him around over his sense of guilt. "He knows the nobility of Gondor would never countenance Gil as his wife."-Ha, well, they do because I remember the epilogue where they are! As always, I very much look forward to the next chapter!
Nightshade Scribe chapter 15 . 5/6/2010
Please, sir (ma'am?), may we have some more?
Anna Sheridan chapter 15 . 9/30/2009
This is absolutely splendid as is all of your work. Please don't stop here.