Reviews for New Beginnings
ballesteros chapter 21 . 2/1
soo good!,When w
ill the next chapter come out?
ImFine chapter 21 . 12/20/2018
Come back please!
ImFine chapter 19 . 12/20/2018
Really upset that Harry brushed Hedwig off as something so unimportant to him that he let her burn to death.
Guest chapter 9 . 10/20/2018
Good
dude356 chapter 21 . 7/19/2018
I really enjoyed the flirting between Harry and Hermione in this chapter. I'll take flirty over angsty any day. I have to agree with a review I read from a few years ago that as good as the HP books are, JK Rowling really botched the romance in them. The epilogue pairings made no sense except as a bit of a convoluted way of keeping the Golden Trio together. Ron and Hermione clearly didn't work as a couple and it made no sense to me how Hermione could have possibly fallen for Ron. I don't know how she could have been jealous of Lavender or, outside of being disgusted with Mclaggen, why she would cheat to help Ron make the Quidditch team.

I could be biased because I'm a big H/HR supporter, but Ron and Hermione as a couple just doesn't make sense to me. All he ever did was hurt her and use her. Hell, the only reason they became friends to begin with is because Harry (and Ron, to a far lesser extent) saved her from being killed by a troll, which wouldn't have been necessary to begin with if Ron hadn't insulted her right in front of her. I don't know about you, but I couldn't make a friendship, let alone a romantic relationship, work when the starting point is the person I'm trying to be friends/lovers with said something so bad that it put me in a position to get killed and didn't bother to apologize for it. I can't even think of a time when Ron apologized to Hermione about something without being prompted to do so.

Anyway... I've gone off on a rant, but I really enjoyed this story and I'm sorry to see it abandoned.
Callialex chapter 19 . 2/17/2018
I love this story-and I completely agree with your asssessment of book 6. Please come back and finish this—and if I may request, let Hermione prove the vampire’s blood bullshit wrong and be just as badass as the Magnes. :)
percabeth4eva23 chapter 21 . 11/4/2017
Lmao i discover this 10 years later. Come back!
lazy-kaa chapter 17 . 10/9/2017
Big emotions :) Really big emotions... However, Ron is just himself :) From now on, trio should collaps for some time.
lazy-kaa chapter 16 . 10/9/2017
Delicate and nice. However, Suzan also deserved a bit more. No matter who writes, but Ron and Hermione always looks too unnatural :) So, that is something what becomes even more obvious in your text.
MJPotter17 chapter 21 . 4/4/2017
it is a shame this story has been forgotten. Please come back!
colorprism chapter 18 . 12/29/2016
"Every one of the twenty eight eyes in the room, thirty counting Crookshanks. . ." LOL. That was cute.
commentsopinion chapter 16 . 2/16/2016
The story was enjoyable if not good until this chapter. Harry never having a childhood is now told he can't be a teen either when Lupin confronts him about the dangers he put Susan in. Sure the author makes Lupin say no that doesn't mean he can't have a girlfriend but that is what it means. So here is Harry not having a childhood and now can't be a teen. What is left for him? That means he needs to be a full grown man but NO one in this story tells him anything. I am sorry but that is too much for everyone. Harry would finally break completely and say *bleep* the prophecy and kill himself. No childhood, no hope for being a teen yet no one will allow him to grow up. You can not make a person a robot who is filled with the type of emotions canon Harry -more so this Harry- has going though him. You can't tell someone like him to do his homework, study and practice, practice and practice and expect him to keep sane. Does not happen in real life to any extent. The Harry in canon who explodes would have at the point when Lupin tells him yet again he is being spied on. When the hammer of realization about not being able to grow up at all comes in he is done.

I have seen people go through hell both mentally and physically and surprise me by not attempting suicide.. I have seen people who barely had pressures at all who successfully committed it. The pressure the author put into this Harry; no one and I mean no one could take it. He would immediately start planning ways to kill himself and as soon as he left Lupin's office would accomplish the feat.

Let's analyze this shall we? Harry knows his mother died because of him. Harry knows he was abused by the Dursley's because of what he is. They constantly told him he was worthless and a freak that was too stupid to live. Harry knows he is responsible for Sirius's death. Dumbledore tells him he is going to be more open with him. Then does the exact opposite thus affirming all the things the Dursley's said about him. Then he finds out because of him everyone he cares about at all or is even slightly friendly too has a death sentence. Oh yeah and lets through in Harry either has to kill Voldemort or be killed by him. All the time he has Dursley's words in his head, Dumbledore's actions and the words of people like Snape saying he is only mediocre at best at magic. Even the head of his house McGonagall has shown down right disdain for Harry in this story. So what should Harry think his chances of beating one of, if not the greatest wizard ever is? Voldemort in school was like Hermione as far as brains and knowledge are concerned. Only Tom Riddle had power beyond compare and being in Slytherin house meant he learned the cunning to use it to its fullest. Which is how he was able to thwart Dumbledore at school by putting the blame on the chamber of secrets on Hagrid not himself. Is it even the slightest bit realistic Harry would believe he had a chance against him?

Getting back to what this story is supposed to be; romantic and adventurous. Um, nothing up to this was romantic and far from adventurous. Even Harry in book canon wasn't THIS terrible at reading females and understanding his own feelings. I am sorry but I just don't see it. Like I started with I guess I enjoyed the story up to this point but going back while you write well and have good ideas the execution was poor. I can't fathom what you were trying to accomplish here when you could have been here with so much less words and fluff. All you seemed to reinforce over and over is Harry is pathetic at school work, pathetic as a thinker, pathetic as an empathy, pathetic with magic, pathetic with bravery and just down right pathetic. This story reads almost like a Harry bashing. You obviously wrote this more for Hermione then any other character yet the story is supposed to be about Harry. Since it is in fact a Harry Potter fanfic. In my opinion you should have gone AU and had it be all Hermione with no Harry for all the good he is in this story. She could have been the savior because as of the moment Harry leaves Lupin's office in ch.16 he ceases to exist in any reality.

One last comment, Ron beating Harry in duel really? At least the chances of that are nonzero unlike Harry living through this story but realities are what they are. Ron was always showed as almost inept in canon. His reactions were worlds slower then Harry's. Even if we took Harry's worst day in canon and Ron's best, where he HAD to beat Harry because he put all his emotions into. Chances would be still so slim. Nothing in this story seems to be thought out to logical conclusions and with reason.

Anyway I want to thank the author for providing we the readers some entertainment for free. I understand you didn't have to expose yourself to opinions both good and bad by writing a story and I applaud your guts and bravery. I know from how many favs and followers you have that my opinion might be in the minority. Which is great! These are JUST my opinions and comments from work experience and life in general. While some of the facts can't be denied all the opinions are just that. I am glad to have read this far but it just isn't the story for me. For me a story with a super strong - stronger then Harry- Hermione but with a realistic Harry and one that ventures to capture romance between the two I think "Patron" by Starfox5 to line up with my opinions more.

Thank you author for you time and I hope you got something good from your story. Please do not take anything negative about my post if you should read it, just one humans opinion.
Callialex chapter 20 . 12/31/2015
I agree with you about Hermione's character and the couples. Please come back and continue this and give us a competely kickass Hermione! And prove The new tutor wrong. ;)
Callialex chapter 12 . 12/30/2015
I like this story, but you didn't tell about Hermione's birthday. I think it would have been a good excuse to examine everyone's feelings, especially since Harry had been determined to get her a great gift.

Thanks for posting the story!
jkromance4dummys chapter 21 . 7/29/2015
Despite you being the greatest writer I've had the pleasure of reading from, I honestly hate you for abandoning this fic for UaS, I hate how you went from this, to THAT! just because of how the canon ships went. Were talking about the crapilogue here, THE CRAPILOGUE! any sane reader knows what a load of shit it was and how JKR took the easy way out instead of what was right(yes, shoutout to Dumbledore!) and I feel you have sold out as well and done the same thing!

This fic is truly a gem, its one of the only stories that is comparable to the novels in regards to the writing quality and H/Hr, not to mention its rare to see a well written Hogwarts era H/Hr fic such as this one. I just got upset again thinking how you shelved it for that mindless pile of angst UaS, this one had so much more potential and possibilities I know I will never find another story as good as this, and it really sucks, everything else pales compared to this, you should have finished it, UaS is my most hated fic ever.