Reviews for New Beginnings
commentsopinion chapter 16 . 2/16
The story was enjoyable if not good until this chapter. Harry never having a childhood is now told he can't be a teen either when Lupin confronts him about the dangers he put Susan in. Sure the author makes Lupin say no that doesn't mean he can't have a girlfriend but that is what it means. So here is Harry not having a childhood and now can't be a teen. What is left for him? That means he needs to be a full grown man but NO one in this story tells him anything. I am sorry but that is too much for everyone. Harry would finally break completely and say *bleep* the prophecy and kill himself. No childhood, no hope for being a teen yet no one will allow him to grow up. You can not make a person a robot who is filled with the type of emotions canon Harry -more so this Harry- has going though him. You can't tell someone like him to do his homework, study and practice, practice and practice and expect him to keep sane. Does not happen in real life to any extent. The Harry in canon who explodes would have at the point when Lupin tells him yet again he is being spied on. When the hammer of realization about not being able to grow up at all comes in he is done.

I have seen people go through hell both mentally and physically and surprise me by not attempting suicide.. I have seen people who barely had pressures at all who successfully committed it. The pressure the author put into this Harry; no one and I mean no one could take it. He would immediately start planning ways to kill himself and as soon as he left Lupin's office would accomplish the feat.

Let's analyze this shall we? Harry knows his mother died because of him. Harry knows he was abused by the Dursley's because of what he is. They constantly told him he was worthless and a freak that was too stupid to live. Harry knows he is responsible for Sirius's death. Dumbledore tells him he is going to be more open with him. Then does the exact opposite thus affirming all the things the Dursley's said about him. Then he finds out because of him everyone he cares about at all or is even slightly friendly too has a death sentence. Oh yeah and lets through in Harry either has to kill Voldemort or be killed by him. All the time he has Dursley's words in his head, Dumbledore's actions and the words of people like Snape saying he is only mediocre at best at magic. Even the head of his house McGonagall has shown down right disdain for Harry in this story. So what should Harry think his chances of beating one of, if not the greatest wizard ever is? Voldemort in school was like Hermione as far as brains and knowledge are concerned. Only Tom Riddle had power beyond compare and being in Slytherin house meant he learned the cunning to use it to its fullest. Which is how he was able to thwart Dumbledore at school by putting the blame on the chamber of secrets on Hagrid not himself. Is it even the slightest bit realistic Harry would believe he had a chance against him?

Getting back to what this story is supposed to be; romantic and adventurous. Um, nothing up to this was romantic and far from adventurous. Even Harry in book canon wasn't THIS terrible at reading females and understanding his own feelings. I am sorry but I just don't see it. Like I started with I guess I enjoyed the story up to this point but going back while you write well and have good ideas the execution was poor. I can't fathom what you were trying to accomplish here when you could have been here with so much less words and fluff. All you seemed to reinforce over and over is Harry is pathetic at school work, pathetic as a thinker, pathetic as an empathy, pathetic with magic, pathetic with bravery and just down right pathetic. This story reads almost like a Harry bashing. You obviously wrote this more for Hermione then any other character yet the story is supposed to be about Harry. Since it is in fact a Harry Potter fanfic. In my opinion you should have gone AU and had it be all Hermione with no Harry for all the good he is in this story. She could have been the savior because as of the moment Harry leaves Lupin's office in ch.16 he ceases to exist in any reality.

One last comment, Ron beating Harry in duel really? At least the chances of that are nonzero unlike Harry living through this story but realities are what they are. Ron was always showed as almost inept in canon. His reactions were worlds slower then Harry's. Even if we took Harry's worst day in canon and Ron's best, where he HAD to beat Harry because he put all his emotions into. Chances would be still so slim. Nothing in this story seems to be thought out to logical conclusions and with reason.

Anyway I want to thank the author for providing we the readers some entertainment for free. I understand you didn't have to expose yourself to opinions both good and bad by writing a story and I applaud your guts and bravery. I know from how many favs and followers you have that my opinion might be in the minority. Which is great! These are JUST my opinions and comments from work experience and life in general. While some of the facts can't be denied all the opinions are just that. I am glad to have read this far but it just isn't the story for me. For me a story with a super strong - stronger then Harry- Hermione but with a realistic Harry and one that ventures to capture romance between the two I think "Patron" by Starfox5 to line up with my opinions more.

Thank you author for you time and I hope you got something good from your story. Please do not take anything negative about my post if you should read it, just one humans opinion.
Callialex chapter 20 . 12/31/2015
I agree with you about Hermione's character and the couples. Please come back and continue this and give us a competely kickass Hermione! And prove The new tutor wrong. ;)
Callialex chapter 12 . 12/30/2015
I like this story, but you didn't tell about Hermione's birthday. I think it would have been a good excuse to examine everyone's feelings, especially since Harry had been determined to get her a great gift.

Thanks for posting the story!
jkromance4dummys chapter 21 . 7/29/2015
Despite you being the greatest writer I've had the pleasure of reading from, I honestly hate you for abandoning this fic for UaS, I hate how you went from this, to THAT! just because of how the canon ships went. Were talking about the crapilogue here, THE CRAPILOGUE! any sane reader knows what a load of shit it was and how JKR took the easy way out instead of what was right(yes, shoutout to Dumbledore!) and I feel you have sold out as well and done the same thing!

This fic is truly a gem, its one of the only stories that is comparable to the novels in regards to the writing quality and H/Hr, not to mention its rare to see a well written Hogwarts era H/Hr fic such as this one. I just got upset again thinking how you shelved it for that mindless pile of angst UaS, this one had so much more potential and possibilities I know I will never find another story as good as this, and it really sucks, everything else pales compared to this, you should have finished it, UaS is my most hated fic ever.
Guest chapter 21 . 7/26/2015
I hate that the reason you've given up on this story was because of how the canon relationships went in the books, WHY? JKR is a wonderful writer, but now we all know she can't write romance worth a damn, so were grateful to have just as inspirational writers like you to fill that void, its a really shame you abandoned this gem, this masterpiece ! because canon didn't go that way.
Guest chapter 21 . 7/26/2015
Why haven't you finished this brilliant story! and screw canon, your edition of year 6 is so much better, and well at least this was a long chapter. I just love your writing, the fluff you write is just better than every other story, along with everything else, I really am going to miss your portrayals of all the characters too, just when things where starting to get interesting!

Alesno(SP) I'm sure is a vampire, actually the way you've described him he reminds me of that one grandmaster vampire guy with the slick back hair from Twilight film, off the top of my head when I think about my most favorite scenes from this story, it would have to be that time the meeting when Harry could sense Snape knew he was listening in, and the most recent being Mcganogal catching Harry and Hermione, and reading her reaction in her voice, lol.

Best story ever, truly sad you won't be finishing this.
Guest chapter 20 . 7/26/2015
Guest chapter 19 . 7/26/2015
This story, is magic, wow, incredible chapter so far, I'm starting to think you are JKR herself, the uncut version! cause every character is so on point, and Hermione, I have enjoyed every scene you've done for her.

Anda bout Harry, is he doing wandless magic now? when did he learn that Hermione seemed to catch it too lol.

This story is truly a classic
Guest chapter 18 . 7/25/2015

No! this is the best story EVAR, I wish it was as long as that 5th element, 2million words, in another life maybe! so sad, I hope you are doing well, I admire your story and writing ability SO much. Excited Harry is going to be taught the unforgivable curses, throughout every fic I've read, they have never done this, weird.
Guest chapter 17 . 7/25/2015
Ok I still can't believe Hermione actually punched Harry, that may be the only bad thing I've seen in your story so far, Hermione would never do that, that was too OOC for her, she probably would have just yelled at him at the top of her lungs, no?
Guest chapter 17 . 7/25/2015
This is so much better than canon 6th year, and Idk what else to say what has already been said about your writing talents, simply #1 HP fanfic in the world , without a doubt #1 h/hr fic because it was done right and how it would have been done in canon if JKR had any clue about the bond she created between Harry and Hermione, it just needed a spark to its fuse, and you are that spark!
Guest chapter 16 . 7/25/2015
I simply can't stop reading, just too good, sad the most incredible story I've ever read is nearly over, and all I have left to look forward from you is "unlike a sister" which I don't think I can stomach simply because it holds true to the shitty epilogue :[

As for your portrayal of h/hr in this fic, I feel you are the best example of why their ship makes the most sense even in canon, the tragedy of Harry being the chosen one and all that stuff, you explained it very well, and that is one of the many reasons why I love this ship, for Harry wanting something that he can't have, and an unknowing oath between the both of them that they can never be, kind of reminds me of Lily/Snape, but on a greater level, GOD I wish JKR knew a lick about romance like you do, you're the best.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/25/2015
Guest chapter 14 . 7/25/2015
Wow, I didn't think this story would get any better than it already is, and this chapy comes along, my most fav so far because of the subtle amount of H/Hr you've written, this is honestly the most fun I've ever had ever reading ANY story, including the novels themselves! I'm serious!

And to add onto that fact, the dancing scene was also the very best hidden romance I've ever read as well, and hearing it all through Harry's mind, what he's thinking about and feeling while everything is going on around him, you're imagination is incredible, you are an amazingly talented writer, wow.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/25/2015
I am stunned at how great this story has been, and my mind was blown in this chapter, just too good, I really digging the angst between the trio, and was completely captivated by the resurrection of Sirius bit, wish Sirius would have told him more specific things, but that was still an incredible scene.

I also must say you are the very best writer I have ever encountered on this internets, by far - I can't believe I haven't heard of this story until now, but I am so thankful, this is a story for the ages for me, you're the best :)