Reviews for More Than Memory Book One
canonite chapter 11 . 12/12/2005
Estel la Rodeuse,

from the author's notes:

"Elladan and Elrohir were not referred to as Elves, Men, or Half-elven in canon. Since this story is coming from a human perspective, 'Elf-man' seemed an appropriate approximation."
Estel la Rodeuse chapter 11 . 11/30/2005
I really enjoyed reading your story.

It's well written and so close to Tolkien's work.

However, I have a small critic to make. If I am not mistaken you have called Elrohir several times Elf-man. But it seems that the translation of his name is Elf-Knight, and Elladan's name means Elf-man.

Small insignificant details ;)

Really good work!
Tara chapter 11 . 8/17/2004
This is a truly fantastic story. What i most like about it, is the portrayel of the sons of Elrond. It said in Tolkien's work, that they rode with the rangers avenging their mother. Its very sad, if not depressing how they come and leave the House of Elrond, but it is truthfully portrayed.
KissTheRainGirl12489 chapter 11 . 6/6/2004
This story was good but it could have been better.I guess it was because you were alittle more descriptive about things than I could actually ever be or it was that this story didn't have as much action or wasn't fastly paced like what I'm accoustomed to reading but I still liked this story and since I liked it I'm going to read the sequel that you're writing right now ).
Catmint chapter 11 . 2/28/2004
WOW. This is great. Wow.
Citti Kitty Monroe chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
*clapping* yay! I love this story! So much descriptions makes my mind satisified!
oo'
I have spoken.
Citti Kitty Monroe chapter 11 . 1/5/2004
This is the best lord of the rings fanfiction I have ever read on . I felt as if I was reading a story by Tolkien himself, besides the rarity of mispelled words, or the wrong ones, I am impressed. I will tell my sister to read it. It is a beautiful story.
Allyse chapter 11 . 12/17/2003
I loved what I read, but there's clearly one, possibly two chapters missing. :( Hope you fix this soon. I want to read about that flashback!
I'm sorry to see this end. I'll have to go and check your author's page, but I really loved this and I would certainly enjoy reading more of your Estel in Rivendell. Any chance of extending things to when he's ten years old, and meets thirteen dwarves, a hobbit, and a wizard...? :)
Thanks for sharing this lovely story!
Allyse chapter 10 . 12/17/2003
"... and Elrond will tend them all. "
"Need cuddles?"
The poignancy of that first quote struck me overwhelmingly. The second quote had me laughing out loud. :) This story continues to be truly marvelous!
Allyse chapter 8 . 12/17/2003
Tears in my eyes from seeing Aragorn offer affection to Elrond, and even more from your poignant, clear picture of a mother desperate for her son's happiness, and this new flash of hope. Just beautiful!
Allyse chapter 7 . 12/17/2003
I just found your fic and I am devouring it! Lovely, lovely characterization, with dialogue spot-on and a real feel for the ways of speech and mannerisms. I'm not sure how far you plan to go with this, but I hope you plan to give us a long, long story. :)
It's a little frustrating, though, that I can't read this chapter! Chapter 7, part 2, chapter 1, is a repeat of the previous chapter. I'm going to keep reading, because I'm too impatient to find out what happens next; but please do fix this and give us the right chapter.
EvenstarFairy chapter 13 . 12/12/2003
good story... very unique!
Frodo3791 chapter 12 . 12/3/2003
Sorry for not reviewing the last chapter, but I did read it. You did an excellent job for the epilogue, and I hope that you will write more Aragorn/Estel stories in his life in Rivendell. This was so well done. Loved reading it.
-Frodo
Coolio02 chapter 11 . 11/30/2003
Wow, this was a good chapter! Hope you post more soon:)
daw the minstrel chapter 11 . 11/30/2003
Little Estel is incredibly charming. He seems to be just what the Elves need, caught as they are in their endless struggle against evil.
The twins are intriguing characters, made more so by the fact that you give us just glimpses of them and leave us to infer the rest.