Reviews for Memories of a Gardener
GamgeeFest chapter 6 . 10/9/2003
Wow you lucky girl. Got to meet Sam! Am slightly jealous. :P

Cute chapter. I love how Sam made a mess of helping out, but he tried his best, bless him. Bilbo's reaction was perfect. He would find such a thing too hilarious for words.

Question though: wouldn't Elanor have noticed that the cupboard never had a handle on it? But I love how Sam calls her "flower". That's so precious.

Can't wait for Merry and Pippin's visit. That should be interesting. I wonder what kind of memories it will stir up in Sam. Tons, I bet.
LegyLuva chapter 6 . 10/9/2003
Yay! We met Sean and Dom and kinda Elijah. Woohoo!

Anyway, good story, chapter thingy. Poor Sam. All that trouble for a simple pot of tea. Poor cupboard!

I don't really have much to say in this chappie actuall. I hardly spotted any mistakes and I can't add that I remember breaking a handle off a cupboad 'cos i dont.

I have to go now, sorry its short but I wanna go and post the message on the board hehe.

See you tomoz.

LegyLuva

Ps. We met Sean and Dom!
cosmo-queen chapter 5 . 10/8/2003
What a sweet chapter. That was really creative of you to make the tooth fairy tale suitable for the Hobbits, hehe. Quoting Bilbo "Tooth elves indeed!" That and the imaginative games Frodo and Sam were playing at the beginning made me rather nostalgic, lol. How carefree those days used to be, when so much time was devoted to "childish games." (Still, I can never get tired of them, I'm still a child at heart, lol) Also makes me a bit guilty in that I'm not as energetic as Frodo so as to teach my brothers new games. *sigh* Oh, and I loved how you made Sam see himself as Frodo's protector at such a young age. Very fitting for future events. Keep writing these wonderful trips down memory lane, they're ever so creative :)

*cosmo-queen*
cosmo-queen chapter 4 . 10/8/2003
Ah, I haven't read this in such a long time, and I've missed so much! This chapter was so cute and the various viewpoints worked fine. I loved how Frodo was a big brother to Sam during the storm and wasn't afraid to comfort him. It's funny to think then that it would be Sam who would be rescuing and comforting Frodo while on the journey to destroy the Ring. Two other parts I loved were Frodo's intuition to get off the path, and the part describing the door-slamming. Don't ask me why but I just found it amusing to imagine Bilbo slamming doors. Ahh, randomness is fun. Now I must read the next chapter, which I'm sure will be just as great as this one :)

*cosmo-queen*
GamgeeFest chapter 5 . 10/2/2003
This was the cutest thing I ever read! I loved the image of Sam and Bilbo running around in circles, though I think Bilbo would have tired out eventually lol. And Frodo's quick thinking to calm Sam down. So much like Frodo. And now we know where the Tooth Fairy came from.
Celebrindal chapter 5 . 10/2/2003
Oh.. . very cute. And I'll be more patient this time, but it's hard, you know! Sam was especially cute in this chapter (Especially, especially, ESPECIALLY cute!). Keep up the AWESOME work!

-Celebrindal
Henna Gamgee chapter 5 . 10/2/2003
Yay! Another chapter! :D You made my day. The tooth elf indeed! Your imaginations never ceases to delight me. I especially liked your description of The Adventures of Samwise and Mr Frodo. Heh heh. Your little Sam is such a cutie!

Looking forward to more!

Your number 1 jellyfish fan,

Obelia
Clever Hobbit chapter 5 . 10/2/2003
Tooth elf... That's great. I loved it all, especially at how ironic it was when Sam noticed at the end how Elanor had her first tooth. You have a great way of describing things!

Yeah, you can't help but base what you think people are like on thier names. I only wish that I had chosen something slightly stranger, but that wouldn't have worked because I'd been leaving reviews on this site for about a year under the name Bookworm20O0. I should have chosen something better...
mousegal chapter 5 . 10/2/2003
Hi Michelle Frodo!

I really enjoyed reading this chapter. I think that you've delivered another heart-warming chapter to your story which was written at your usual high standard.

Wow! Did I really review your last chapter within half an hour? It must be because I love reading your work!

I'm really looking forward to reading your next chapter!

Love Rachel. x &:-)
LegyLuva chapter 5 . 10/2/2003
Aww first tooth! I don't remember my first tooth but I used to love putting them under the pillow and waiting for some money. In also used to love wobbling them and making every shriek 'cos they thought it was horrid.

Anyway, good chappie. Better formatting and didnt spot any spelling mistakes though it did take me a while to read this 'cos my comp kept shutting down.

Anyway, looking forward to next chaprer and glad to see you back with advertisements.

Sam x
loveofthering chapter 2 . 10/2/2003
I really enjoyed this chapter about the four leaf clover! So sweet!

It was cute that Sam gave him that for good luck and that good luck came to him by moving in with his uncle Bilbo! (I'm a bit Irish and really believe in this too!)

I got to get back to reading more...
loveofthering chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
OMG! that was such a good chapter! I am still crying...sobbing!

I can not tell you enough how much I love this!

so beautifully written.
Samwise the Brave chapter 5 . 10/2/2003
Aw...Oh man you hit me again. Love it. Love ya. Love Sam!I hope to see more soon!BTW sorry I've not many nicer words to say in my reviews but all you need to know is that I absolutely adore your writing and I hope you continue!
shirebound chapter 5 . 10/2/2003
What an adorable chapter! The tooth elf! And dear, kind Sam shared his cake with everyone. Tying everything together with Elanor's first tooth was wonderful.

This was my favorite- -

"The game that Sam liked the best was one that he and Frodo had made up together, called The Adventures of Samwise and Mr Frodo. In such games Bilbo was usually involved, playing either a dragon, or an elf, or sometimes a wizard, depending on what was required by the storytellers. Sam loved these games, especially at the end, when the dragon or elf or wizard would bring out a picnic for the two adventures to share in the garden."
your no.1 fan chapter 5 . 10/2/2003
WONDERFUL!

i loved it, the end made me grin like the cheshire cat and say out loud "aww sweet" good job i was on my own.

one little mistake, ...Mr Frodo told Samwise that the best way to deal with a hobbit-eating troll was to run away from him... i think that should say not to run away from him. hope you dont mind me pointing that out.

one question - how old do you see the young hobbits as? i know hobbits ages are different to ours but in your eyes how old are sam and frodo?

keep writing my friend and i will keep reading and reviewing.

your friend