Reviews for Memories of a Gardener
shirebound chapter 2 . 8/12/2003
This will be a wonderful story, Michelle! I'm already hooked. I especially loved this:

"Sam bit his bottom lip. He was shy around people. He suddenly realised that he didn't know what he should call this Frodo. Mr Frodo-lad? Mr Baggins? Or would Mr Frodo do?"

The Gaffer's dialogue is just wonderful, too.

(If you choose to, you might want to have an eye to the correct proper names: Brandyhall (Brandy Hall), Hobbinton (Hobbiton), BagEnd (Bag End), things like that. If you'd like me not to mention things like this, just say so!) :)
Henna Gamgee chapter 2 . 8/12/2003
Can I be *your* number one fan? I'm pretty sure I've reviewed everything you've ever posted ... I realize you already have a "no. 1 fan", but we can share, can't we? Or shall I challenge this other person to a duel? ;D Heh heh.

Anyway, I think I speak for myself as well as the 20 non-reviewers I represent when I say this chapter was definitely "brill". I just love your ideas. Such a sweet first meeting scenario for Frodo and Sam! Sam wondering if he should address Frodo as "Mr. Frodo-lad" was hilarious! LOL. Poor Sam. That would have been priceless if he had actually done so, although terribly embarrassing for him of course. *evil cackling*

Loved Bilbo's behaviour around Frodo as described from Sam's perspective, as well. Good old Bilbo, his enthusiasm and love for Frodo really came through. You're getting all the characters really bang-on, which is of course not surprising given the understanding of them you've displayed in your poetry. I think the part I loved best was Frodo giving credit for his adoption to Sam's four leaf clover. That was just unbelievably touching. I CAN'T WAIT to see what's next! :D

Your faithful microscopic jellyfish friend,

LegyLuva chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
A very very intriguing first chapter. I can’t wait to find out what is in the box. The letter from Frodo was very well written. I can imagine Frodo writing a letter just like that. I’m looking forward to reading all the memories and occasions I’m sure you have in store for us over the next chapters.

Sorry for taking so long to review but I have been on holiday (as you know.) Well, now I’ve reviewed you can post your next chapter so I won’t die of suspense. Please?

Nic x
October chapter 1 . 8/10/2003
Great idea and sweet writing. Keep going!
arwen undomiel3 chapter 1 . 8/9/2003

I;m back! And u posted the story while i was away so i'm sorry i couldnt review it sooner.

Hm...whats in the box? I aint a clue!

Please hurry up and update this cause i really wanna know and its dead good. Proves u do both poems and stories really well

See ya soon!

Loadsa love, sarah x
Samwise the Brave chapter 1 . 8/6/2003've done it again Ms Frodo..i'm at a sorta loss for words...Its brill.I wanna cry!It's so sad..heart good at both poems and to see more stories and ideas coming form your brilliant way you capture the characters emotions are so good, it brings readers to tears,or maybe close to. Love ya!
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
A great beginning to chapter stories. I really do wonder how Sam carried on with his life after Frodo left. I guess we'll never really know. But through the power of fanfiction and your creative genius, we'll get a fair idea! Now to review the story. The letter Frodo wrote for Sam was absolutely beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes, it was that touching. I loved the way he signed off "My strength, my light, my kindred spirit. My hope, my soul and my shining star. Forever and Always Frodo X Beautiful. And I'm looking forward to finding out what exactly was in the box. Keep writing :)

Henna Gamgee chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
Oh boy! This looks really good! And I'm so excited you've decided to try a non-poem. I'm sure it will be, as you like to say, "brill." Heh heh. And that's a very neat idea, using objects from the past to construct a pre-LOTR story. I can't wait to see what's in the box, and what memories will be connected to each object!
no. 1 fan chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
Is there no end to your talent?

Stories as well as poems, and a good start to a story at that. As for whats inside the box... I am sure that your imagination will keep your readers glued to their computers waiting to find out.

Keep writing

Your friend &

your no. 1 fan
shirebound chapter 1 . 8/2/2003
I can't tell if my original review registered, but here's another go at it: I just wanted to let you know that I'm VERY eagerly awaiting chapter 2... and whatever is in that box!
205 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14