Reviews for Memories of a Gardener
Samwise the Brave chapter 16 . 10/13/2004
snif...sniff...aw. I love yoo. It's a really sad chapter. It made me shiver. It pulls at my heart strings."Frodo had lived through the same thing. Now it was his turn. It was nearly time for him to leave."

Broke my heart. Oh yeah, alright, I won't ask about the DVD again! Heehee.
shirebound chapter 16 . 10/12/2004
What a fascinating journey you've taken us on, Michelle. And now Sam knows that it's time to stop remembering the past, and start planning for a new future. Wonderful.
G chapter 16 . 10/11/2004
-Very powerful line about how Sam being a gardener who pulled up weeds would be a strength to pull Frodo through the journey

-nice mention of 1)Sam's grandson learning to read 2)Sam's thoughts of carefree Frodo 3)how Sam's family viewed his stories as important
Henna Gamgee chapter 16 . 10/11/2004
Ah, the story is almost done! :( But it's great to see things coming full circle like this. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Henna Gamgee chapter 15 . 10/11/2004
Hurray! I'm sorry for forgetting to review again-what is this, the third time? :P Haven't been reading much fanfic lately, as it happens. Just imagine the workload of college, and multiply it by about six, and you'll have grad school. ;) But I'm glad of your patient reminding, because I do love this story so much. I can just see everything happening and feel like I'm there. That must be all your poetry experience! :D
GamgeeFest chapter 16 . 10/11/2004
Wow, that was beautiful. I think it's my favorite one so far. It really shows Sam's commitment and loyalty to Frodo, as well as incorporates all of the other memories we've been privleged to read about. Well done.
ShireElf chapter 16 . 10/11/2004
I'll take a piece of pie; that happens to be my favorite actually. Sorry for eating the chocolate cake!

Oh . . . poor Sam. Reminded of a memory that he doesn't want to remember. But I really, really liked the last lines though . . . but I don't like the "nearly time" part, means that Rosie will be gone soon. That actually made me cry when I was reading the appendices, that she died before him. And that one author, loveofthering, wrote a story titled, "Samwise the Brave" and the last chapters told of her passing. :( Please update soon, though!
LegyLuva chapter 16 . 10/11/2004
Aww is your story coming to an end?

You have to write a really sad ending. A story with so many memories wouldn't be complete without just as many tears to finish it.

I really should get round to writing my next story. People have probably forgotten who I am now anyway.

LegyLuva
LegyLuva chapter 15 . 10/11/2004
Aww poor Sam can't swim. He doesn't know what he's missing out on.

But I have to say it's kinda of icky keeping a big stne for all those years that was once stuck in the foot of your friend. Eww hehe. And did you get your idea from the DVD when Sean astin runs into the water and gets the thingy stuck in his foot. That always makes me wince.

Anyway good chappie and off to read the next.

LegyLuva
Anarane chapter 16 . 10/11/2004
aw... poor Sam! That was really sad, and sweet! You really are a brilliant writer! Oh, no... if it's almost time for Sam to leave then that means Rosie'll be dieing soon! And, the next chapter's the last one! It'll be all over soon... it's all making me very sad... :sigh:, please update soon.
LadyFreesia chapter 16 . 10/11/2004
A different style for this chapter, I see. I still loved it! I can't believe that the story is coming to an end, but it's time to move on(in the story & in your life). Ah, well. i'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Samwise the Brave chapter 15 . 10/9/2004
Aw...I love you! AwXinfinity. I loved it. I missed reading the fic. Was so happy to see it was updated. Its so sweet! I love it when people emphasize Sam's bravery. He put Frodo's safety above his own. It just...sends tingles down my spine! And you are able to do so just so well. Thank you for being such a talented writer! And I blush as well, it's an honour to be on your 'top reviewers list'! Heehee. BTW, I suppose you also had inspiration from the dvd extras for this chapter right? Because well, the same thing happened to Sean Astin instead. A shard of glass, straight through his foot. Aww he looked so cute, the poor thing. Thanks for writing such greatness.
Frodo's sister chapter 15 . 9/11/2004
It's a good story.
no. 1 fan chapter 15 . 9/10/2004
Hello my friend

what a truly lovely chapter!

And Sam a Grandad - wow!

I really cant wait to find out how you intend to end this remarkable story but at the same time I dont want it to finish!

Do you intend to carry on writing stories or carry on with your poems?

Can I have your autograph now so that when you are being published I can say I knew you before you were famous.

This is not critisism but Merry should not have 'excepted' the jug from Sam he should have 'accepted' it.

Hope you dont mind me pointing that out.

Keep it up my friend

Cant wait for the next chapter.

Your friend

and Your no.1 Fan.
ShireElf chapter 15 . 9/7/2004
I love Frodo and Sam, as I've probably told you in one of my previous reviews, but this chapter was most excellent. I liked how you put Sam's stubborness of not going any deeper then "you'd find in a bath tub" change to his loyalty to Frodo. So beautiful and you wrote it perfectly. I cannot wait for your next update. *relaxes and eats a piece of chocolate cake*
205 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »