Reviews for Memories of a Gardener
katieelessar chapter 15 . 9/7/2004
Wonderful. I loved it. This chapter was probably my favorite so far. You are so creative. Please keep it up, don't keep us hanging for a long time now. Update soon! I loved it!
shirebound chapter 15 . 9/7/2004
It's so sweet that Sam has saved all these "memories". Maybe he'll show them all to Frodo again, someday!

"Sam, I only just realised, you ran straight into the water to help me, even though you were afraid. You thought about my safety more then you did about your own."

Love that.
fifipines chapter 1 . 9/6/2004
WOW, this one really had me crying
Anarane chapter 15 . 9/6/2004
aww, good old Sam, forgetting his fear to help Mr. Frodo! I loved this chapter, and I love Ivy! She seems so adorable!

This reminded me of when Sean Astin got a piece of glass through his foot... I kept imaging Elijah Wood off to the side amazed by his "blood clots"!
G chapter 15 . 9/6/2004
This chapter does a Marvelous Job of showing how the daily actions of the 4 hobbits were helping them to grow towards the bravery and nobleness that they would need on the quest, such as: 1) Sam bringing the 4 mugs of water in anticipating that the others were thirsty 2) how Frodo faced his fears 3)how Merry and Pippin were protective of Frodo and formed a "guard of honor" on their walk back home 4) how Sam went into the water to help Frodo, even though he did not like water 5)how Sam held Frodo's hand to help ease the pain of the rock, and how Frodo valued this expression of friendship

-Nice portrayal of Sam and Rose as grandpa and grandma.

-It was cute how young Ivy displayed a joyfulness for nature similar to that of her mother- and in turn of her grandfather
GamgeeFest chapter 15 . 9/6/2004
What a sweet and excitement-filled memory. Reminds me a bit of that story while they were shooting LOTR and Sean Astin stepped on something in the river. I can fully imagine Sam forgetting his fear of the water to get to his master's side, though it's a good thing Frodo wasn't deep enough in that he lost his footing. And Merry and Pippin would very much elaborate when retelling the story.

I do have a guess about what the last one will be about.

A few typos you might want to fix: 'other then' and 'rather then' should be 'other than' and 'rather than', 'your' should be 'you're' (when Pippin was saying he was the hottest), 'excepting' should be 'accepting'.
shirebound chapter 14 . 8/13/2004
Sorry it took me so long to review this chapter, Michelle! Life just gets in the way of fanfic reading, sometimes.

How wonderful that Sam's family 'conspired' to let him run up to Bag End to check on Mr. Frodo. I loved that. I thoroughly love your sweet story.

And since it's all right...

"wondered into his bedroom" should be 'wandered'

"creeped round to the front" should be 'crept'

"Rose Cotton hay" should be 'hey'

"gone of with a bang" should be 'off'

"loosin another handkerchief" should be 'losing'

I also don't think a gentlehobbit like Frodo would use slang like "yeah".
cosmo-queen chapter 14 . 7/8/2004
Finally, the beginning of the school holidays means I can sit down and catch up on my favourite stories! And yours was the first one on the list :) I must say, I particularly loved the way you characterised Bilbo in this chapter. Especially his sneakiness in that last game of chess! I'd never considered it before, but now that I think about it, I think Bilbo would've been very suited to chess. And now, I can just see him and Gandalf playing a match. Eh, I'm babbling. And Sam was just adorable, comforting Frodo and reassuring him that everything will be okay. Hmm, I could really use a Sam at the moment. More importantly, you really have made Sam suited to his future role, which is a credit to you. Ok, I shall be ending now, and I will email you within the next two weeks :) Looking forward to the next chapter...

*cosmo-queen*
ShireElf chapter 14 . 7/1/2004
I'm all caught up now! *grins proudly*

Aw, I kind of feel sorry for poor Frodo, even though he knew Bilbo was leaving. But Sam is such a sweetheart, helping him and all. I liked the part where Frodo realized that he had Bilbo in checkmate! Ha!

Please post more soon! *waits in chair patiently*
ShireElf chapter 12 . 7/1/2004
LOL! Poor Hobbits! I do that too sometimes and I know what it's like to be scared half to death when you're going around the house to go to the bathroom or to get a drink in the dark. *shivers* I will read more soon.
ShireElf chapter 9 . 6/30/2004
"That’s one of the good things about havin’ close friends Da’. You can talk absolute nonsense, an’ they will talk it with you." I love that line, because it is so totally true! I like how you write the friendship between Frodo and Sam in this story. Absolutely brilliant. I will read more when I can. :)
Althea chapter 14 . 6/29/2004
How happy I am that Frodo left that box of memories for Sam. Not only do they bring me joy in reading about their stories, but they often bring Sam such comfort. I can just picture dear Sam sad about his last child leaving home. It's wonderful that Frodo is still there for Sam on some level. I'm sorry I have not reviewed before. I just want to let you know how much I enjoy all the chapters of this story.
LegyLuva chapter 14 . 6/29/2004
Aw. Cute iccle Frodo had won without knowing it. Well maybe he' no so little considering his age at this point but oh well.

And yes I remember you teaching me to play backgammon but I'm still convinced we play it wrong. My dad's always changing the rules when we play and it confuddles me.

Anyway, that was a good chapter though I did spot a few mistakes tut tut. Spell check girl!

How many chapters are you going to have in this story? You know you could just carry on writing fo ever with like a huge box the size of bag end. Cool! Frodo could jump out of it eventually. As a remidner so he didn't forget himself. *ahem* sorry little carried away and very bored.

Best get back to looking for sites on Pearl Harbour then. Fun fun fun

Loadsa Luv Sam x

PS. Is this review long enough for you?
ShireElf chapter 2 . 6/27/2004
Wow! This story is absolutely fantastic so far! I will have to read more in a bit, though. I will definately read more soon. :)
Samwise the Brave chapter 14 . 6/23/2004
Oh oh oh! Oh no I forgot to review the previous chapter! *ashamed!*

previous chap: It was soo cute!Seriously, you are just pure, great author. I mean, you obviously put in more effort than most writers when it comes to giving children a bit more character. The kids are adorable. It kinda makes you feel Sam's pain too.

current chap: Aw...Poor Frodo!Sobbing.. But he's lucky though! He's got SAM!Sawise Gamgee's shoulders to cry on. It was jus so nice. As usual. You're a really great writer. Infact, part of my 'absolutely, no doubt in the whole universe bset writers' list. Yup. Love ya.
205 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »