Reviews for Memories of a Gardener
Henna Gamgee chapter 14 . 6/19/2004
Congratulations on finishing exams! I guess this is the end of your first year of *college*. ;) One down, one to go, correct?

Loved this chapter, as always. I can't get over how creative you are! How the heck do you manage to come up with a significant object in the box plus background story for every chapter? I'm so glad Sam got to check up on Frodo that night; I'm sure Bilbo's leaving would have been painful for Frodo no matter how much he was expecting it. I'm glad he didn't have to go through that alone!
Henna Gamgee chapter 13 . 6/19/2004
Hmm, I know I read this when you first posted it, but apparently I never reviewed. Bad Obelia, bad! :P Anyway, it was a very sweet chapter. Elanor got married! *sniff* And no, I didn't guess the answer before the end. 0:-)
no. 1 fan chapter 14 . 6/17/2004
hello my friend

another wonderful chapter, your ideas are second to none, i love the line about being able to have whole conversations without saying a word. if you have that with somebody its very special.

i also love love the idea of Bilbo sending frodo to bed without him realising he had won the game.

your friend

and your no. 1 fan
laurajslr chapter 14 . 6/16/2004
Well I hope your exams went well, I've just done some as well, they are such a pain and revising has got to be the worst thing ever conceived of!

I realy enjoyed this chapter, it took things to somethign that everyone's familiar with, but put a new spin on it, which is always a good thing!

I am terrible at chess it has to be said. I can play, which is better then some people I suppose, but I am generally the loser rather then the winner. I think in my life I've beaten my brother once. I'm going to hang onto that victory though! ! !

Oh well, that's me done, thanks for another reat chapter and I look forward to more, whenever that may be!
Gina chapter 14 . 6/15/2004
Great Lines about the passing of time,

the Gamgee children believing in elves due to Bilbo's influence, Sam going to check on Frodo the night Bilbo left, how Frodo and Sam could exchange a conversation with just a look, and Sam wisely telling Frodo that Bilbo probably thought of him as much as he thought of Bilbo
GamgeeFest chapter 14 . 6/15/2004
That wasn't very nice of Bilbo, stopping the game before Frodo could win. hehe but very much something he would do. Cute chapter. How many more?
First Weaver chapter 14 . 6/15/2004
Oh, clever May! I love it when kids are able to get away with (innocently) fooling their parents. Great chapter!
Anarane chapter 14 . 6/15/2004
aw.. that was sweet. I love Sam! Great chapter!
cosmo-queen chapter 13 . 6/12/2004
The first thing I had to read on after finishing exams was the next chapter, and I have to say, it was very delightful, made me laugh a number of times. And I never realised how many things began with "F"! If I hadn't read some of the reviews beforehand, I don't think I would've guessed "finger". I'm afraid I'm not too creative when it comes to I Spy, giving up after a few go's. That said, considering the rest of my family isn't too creative either, I think I know what to use for the next time I play it! (yes, I'll admit, I still play I Spy on occasion as a 17 year old) And now for my favourite lines:

1. "Robin?" Marigold asked. Hamson sighed. "Mari, can you see a robin anywhere?"

"Well, no." She admitted with a smile. (That sounds so much like an argument I would have while playing the game)

2. Frodo was flabbergasted. He looked down at himself. Yes, he was still him. What were they all talking about? (That was just so funny)

3. "I think you're the nicest non-brother I know." (That was just so sweet)

So there you have it. Though it often takes me forever to read a new chapter, I love reading this story, it always makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside :) It's sad then that there are only four more chapters left after this one :( Oh yes, and you're very welcome to use that "camping out on Mordor's doorstep" line. With that, I shall end. Looking forward to more soon :)

First Weaver chapter 13 . 6/9/2004
Well, I didn't. I thought it would be 'friend'. I geuss I'm just sentimental.
Lady Freesia chapter 13 . 6/5/2004
No, I'm not really the sappy type unless it comes to Frodo & the rest leaving for Imladris. Anywa, this was another very cute chapter! Good memories. Just so everybody knows, I did guess 'finger'(I'm tellin the truth!). YAY! I can't wait until you post another chapter! I'll talk to you again soon,

Tersa chapter 13 . 6/5/2004
I just started reading this story a few days ago, and I'm finally to the most recent chapter! _ I love this fic, it's so sweet. This is one of the best post-quest fics that I've read, please keep posting! *Puts fic on favorites list*
Gina chapter 13 . 5/30/2004
-The dialogue between the Gamgee children and Frodo regarding the game was very amusing, fun, and believable

-sweet line about "non-brother" and "non-sister" friends

-exquisite job of opening and closing the chapter with Elanor's wedding. Nice to also see mention of Rosie and Fastred.
Anarane chapter 13 . 5/27/2004
I never would have guessed fingers! Very clever!
Samwise the Brave chapter 13 . 5/27/2004
aw...I can't take it! I'm really going to burst soon! But of course, I'll just wait for the rest of the chapters, although I am still swelled up like couscous! Ai!
205 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »