Reviews for Part of the Job
Jennaya chapter 1 . 5/29
Enjoyed the storey and loved your personal storey even more.
Ryn chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
Wow! Great story and even better coda. You just never know the impact you can have on someone's life.
Var Devonshire chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
I only found this site about 7 months ago and am slowly going thru all the stories. I really enjoyed it. You did a wonderful job with the characters and plot. Loved how you tied Jake Green into the last chapter. But really LOVED Johnny calling at 3 am to tell to tell Roy his leg hurts. Not, "I can feel my leg" but "my leg hurts". That is so classic Gage.

Great story! Var
Kelmin chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I've been reading old Emergency stories, and stumbled across this absolute gem. I'm not sure what drew me to read this story, since I usually avoid "Johnny gets hurt" stories, but this one was spectacular. Everyone was in character, the medical and procedural aspects were sound, and your writing mechanics were generally right. (I'm the kind of person that says "nope" and moves on if there are multiple mechanical errors early on.)

But most importantly, you made the plot come to life with strong characterizations and just plain good storytelling. All the main players' behavior was absolutely realistic. Jake Green's visit to Johnny could've been hokey, but worked perfectly.

Also, all the action scenes came across just right. I was guessing as I read that you were some kind of first responder, and your author's note confirmed that for me.

I know it's been almost 10 years since you posted this story, but I hope you are still around to get this note!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Okay, I have to say that was a wonderful story and you defnitely captured Johnny and Roy's personalities really well. I have just started watching Emergency on a ME channel on television and it got me to wanting to read the stories. I know it's been 10 years since you wrote this story, but I just wanted you to know there are still people out her enjoying it if you still get fanfiction email.

Thanks for sharing.
lovepeacebird chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I just loved your story it was like i was watching it on t.v. . It made me laugh and cry .
Washingtonmyhome chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Great story. I like the fact that John was able to see that Jake did have a future beyond basketball and he was able to return the favor. But was there a Jake Green that actually played for the Lakers? Or was he made up for the story?
Mistycat chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
I enjoy your Emergency stories and this one in particular. You tell an interesting story and develop the characters as you write. I look forward to reading more of your work.
starlight guardian chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
I love this story, particularly the end when Mr Green reappears. I am a nurse for almost 30 yrs now, and I've been fortunate enough to know I made a difference with a few words or extra time. This was awesome and Johnny needed to know. Thank you also for your gift, to serve and protect.
NickTonyK chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Great story!
Mulderette chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Hi, Just wanted to say how much I liked this story. Great job with the characters and storyline. I know you wrote it quite some time ago but I really liked it a lot :)
Hanksgirl chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Great story! Well written! The ending had me laughing - the brain doesn't always work clearly at 3 a.m.

Your notes are a great reminder that we don't always realize how much of an impact we have on the people we encounter in our lives - whether through work or just in passing. Just by being who you are and doing your job you clearly helped to change that woman's life. Thank you for the work that you do. It is greatly appreciated.
TangledPencils chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
I've just found this story, and really enjoyed it, it was really well written. I agree with the previous reviewer, that a sequel would be great. Any chance?
Showfan06 chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
I know this is a few years old but I'm still fairly new to the site so I'm catching up on some of the older fans. Very very well written. If you would like I would write a second part to this story. It would be intersting to see Joanne's reaction and the reaction of the rest of the gang when they let it sink in that Johnny's leg hurts. Keep up the good work.
shywalk chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
I read this a long time ago. I don't know if it was even here at FF :) But I loved it then as I do now. I hope I did tell you that back then, Mady :)