Reviews for Practically Brothers
magdilen chapter 5 . 12/17/2010
This was very good. I really liked the interactions between Lupin and Snape. My only complaint is, I didn't like how Lupin acted as a wolf. You made him like a large dog, and that didn't really ring true to me.
RuthLeilani chapter 5 . 12/12/2010
grand day. i'd really wish it would be as easy for sev as remus believes.
RuthLeilani chapter 4 . 12/12/2010
'Did you have reasons then to keep people at a distance from you? From your mouth, Severus?' I wonder about this, troubling.

i can say it from the depth of my heart 'poor severus!'

It's really nice how they gadually open up to one another and help each other somehow.

also the picture of snape being so entranced by te music I enjoyeed very much - at times I am a Wagner-person myself (it's a hesitant confession, because in his music as well as in his life, eventhogh in very different ways, he was a very twisted, weid guy), because sometime the might of unleashed emotion in his music can help to control ones own raging emotions.
RuthLeilani chapter 3 . 12/12/2010
when snape makes clear what his position with Voldemort is and how he feels about it, even more pityful and painful as this Alex,that's so horrible and sad.

some very powerful and beautiful writing.
RuthLeilani chapter 2 . 12/12/2010
snape is so thoughtful and sensitive handling the care for he wolf and shows some deep respect for Remus. For a man who judges himself so hashly he is acting so honorable and nice, it's quite disconcerting and heartening at the same time.

Beautiful chapter.
RuthLeilani chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
This is a wonderful story. I read once already (or twice actually?) about a year ago, when I first ventured into the HP fandome. Your stories stayed very close with me.

I haven't reviewed it yet though, I think. And that's a pity. Eventhough this story is quite old, t definetely deserves some attention and feedback.

This first chapter is a really strong opener. This situation of a tortured, hurt Sev coming back from Voldemort, is probably oe of the most popular. You do handle it with excepional sensitivity though. You are stay very good in character with both Sev and Lupin and capture teir feelings and troubles in a way I very much believe.

The way you set up the situation with some meddling of Dumbledore and the potion makes, while under normal circumstances quite impossible, this conversation realistic and believable.

very well written. Thank you!

Lani
aworldofmyimagination chapter 5 . 9/6/2010
I loved your story! It was great!
Emilie Rose chapter 5 . 4/23/2010
You know, this story made such great points about Snape's emotional state. It's very likely that he really thinks of himself as a dark wizard. And a bit of friendship would do him worlds of good.
Emilie Rose chapter 5 . 4/23/2010
This story is so sweet! Bravo!
watin77 chapter 5 . 10/22/2009
what a really nice fic, especially considering that you don't see much straight up SS/RL friendship stories. thanks for the read!
Muirgen Monet chapter 4 . 8/22/2009
Great chapter! Liked how you mixed the humour (toasting to a frisbee?) and the more somber.

Quite a bit of great lines "Pity is the most I can hope for." Keep up the good work!
Muirgen Monet chapter 2 . 8/22/2009
Great chapter, like how you paint Lupin's poor House, such a miserable place.
CalliopeMused chapter 5 . 7/12/2009
I love this story, and the idea of two chronically under-appreciated characters getting their due and a friendship. The image of Lupin and dog kibble struck hard, and watching the two move into something better was wonderful. It's rare to find a story that can mention all the issues without delving into pity or long periods of sentiment. They're friends, and it makes me wonder why it never happened in the books.
Artemis1000 chapter 5 . 2/1/2009
I love it! Great characterisation, funny and heart-warming moments with Lupin as a wolf and their slowly developing friendship made me feel all warm and fuzzy, just like cuddling wolf!Lupin!
Malina chapter 4 . 11/29/2008
Great great story. :)) And I have more to read! Thanks for writing.
195 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »