Reviews for perchance to dream
charlieparrot chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
This is well written and detailed yet a good short length at the same time. Ginji and Ban feel very in charcter in this fic, and the style of writing makes me want to continue reading on. :)
CyborgRockStar chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
aw, sweet. lovely lil ficcy. awesome concept and great way of writing it out.

have a nice day
Silver Salamander chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
You put an almost epic fic into so little words.

Perfect balance of description and... everything else!
CuriousDreamWeaver chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
That was a very nice introspective peice from Ginji. I thought you did it very well. Well done!

_~

DreamWeaver
Chou ni Natte chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
That was good...Ginjiay not think much, but this shows how deep when he does think.
Naye chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
Ah. _ Sweet without being too sappy. Leaves me with a smile, and the feeling I picked a good story to begin my day with. Thanks!
firedraygon chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
_ Ban must get such bad cramps when he wakes up. Heh.

This is so sweet. I like it. Please write more soon!

~fd97
Harukami chapter 1 . 8/2/2003
My GOD.

This is beautiful. I don't think I breathed the entire time I read it. (Which makes me mildly nervous about reading your longer stories, mind. _~).

You have a perfect grasp of imagry and subtlty. You don't go overboard, but you sneak the images - visual, auditory... well. You appeal to every sense, and without going overboard on adjectives the way some do.

When he breathes, there's only the smell of cigarettes and leather and Ban-chan, and none of the fear, pain, or unhappiness of that other place.

God. That just took my breath away. So very *tangible*.

You've mastered the skill of saying a lot in a few words, and the far far more difficult skill of saying it *subtly*. Everything in here speaks volumes about *both* their characters (though particularly Ginji) and you do it without ever coming out and saying what they feel.

It's warm. Their love - whether portrayed as platonic or erotic - is absolutely *clear* in every sharp crackling detail. My heart hurts.

Though this is hard to find things to ask to improve, I will suggest you watch your tenses. This is clearly present tense, but you go back into pluperfect quite a bit. This can work - as it's him remembering other times - and it's quite readable here - but if you have 'Ban-chan had said', you can't have 'Ban-chan leaned' after - technically, that's perfect, not pluperfect, and represents a different time period. I think, because of how short and clear the story is, it works here anyway - but watch the tendancy to mix perfect and pluperfect in longer stories. (Perfect 'He leaned'. Pluperfect 'he had leaned'. Pluperfect is further in the past than perfect.)

Gorgeous. My heart still hurts. Thank you for posting this.