Reviews for Power
Love.me.or.leave.me chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
That was very moving. You wrote it absolutely beautifully and I commend you for that. Thank you for writing this.
justwakeup chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
Wow it was really sad! But really well written, this is the only Menkui fic I've been able to find -_-;;
SevenPM chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
It isn't often that you find a Menkui fic, one about Chikage, and one that's well written; I found this fic by chance and I am so glad that I did. You had a great philosophy and made me think about a character I always sort of overlooked. In short: this fic t3h r0x0r! Woo!
Sarashina chapter 1 . 11/3/2003
!

Menkui fic! Chikage Menkui fic!
Niki chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
My goodness... Menkui fic! This has made my day, and I love your characterization of Chikage; we see him angry and overprotective of everyone in the manga but never see his angst. This was absolutely gorgeous and wah! ;_; maa, I wanna give him a hug! *dies*
Violintide chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
First of all, I can't tell you how happy I am that someone has written Menkui fanfiction. _ Menkui is one of those series that is just a joy to read, and a story about Chikage is a lovely addition to my afternoon. :) I actually cried a bit at the end of this, lol, which is somewhat embarrassing in a public computer lab. XD But I really thought your characterizations were perfect, and I hope you have more stories to write.
meiruyi chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
Hey thanks for this fic, I absolutely loved how brilliantly you explored Chikage's feelings. Poor Chikage! I've always thought that everytime i finished reading a chapter of Menkui, Tanaka really does leave him out alot, and i wished she'd done more with him...But you seem to have done that for her! I'm glad you allowed him to have a good cry too. :)

Keep up your amazing writing, you've certainly got a talent for getting under a character's skin. I'm a huge Saiyuki fan as well, so am looking forward to reading more!
Katowisp chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
Wow

"It hurts not to be needed, I said finally.

Yes, Jii-san said very gently. Yes it does.

"

"About the future, which is still so many shadowy shapes to me. He says that the past is like that too-not carved in stone, unchanging, but a bunch of flickering pictures that change every time you look at them. It makes me think of a kaleidoscope that you turn over and over, until you find a pattern that you like.

"

I really like those lines, especially the part about the kaleidoscope.

I know absolutely nothing about this series, but this was a well written, interesting story. Now I'm actually interested in the manga!

Because I'm not quite sure about the whole love thing and relationships, I really liked the stuff with Jii-san. He was such an interesting, neutral character, and it was so wistful and sad at the end.

But, I liked the drama that played out in his real life, as well. (As the time spent with the old man was sort of like a break from life.)

So there you have it, on request!

It's really well written, too. I like your work a lot, despite the series.

I hope you do well with the contest!