Reviews for Here Be Monsters I: Wizard's Lament
Rosaleen chapter 13 . 1/11
I am rereading this story and it is as excellent as I remember it. It strikes me as so ironic that the conversation between Dumbledore and Snape about Harry as a "weapon" is the other way round in canon with Snape being the horrified one. Still, I suppose Dumbledore was very sure that Harry would not truly die. Anyway, thanks again for this great fic.
misteryman526 chapter 15 . 2/7/2013
A fascinating read, and I'll certainly be checking out the other parts, but I have to say that Albus' internal statements about his feelings towards Harry seem to cross the line from familial love into a slightly creepier realm. He really came off as a sort of pedo stalker at points, especially (eww!) when he was debating what kind of pajamas to buy for Harry.
When you add in the pseudo-Riddle that seems to infest Albus, I have to say that it seems Harry would be better off with someone else looking after his welfare.
Esme chapter 4 . 6/8/2011
Wow! You really sewed that staff meeting up well!

Severus has absolutely nowhere to turn, and must go along with Albus' plan. Good going!
Ems Adara chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Honestly, I wasn't sure I'd like this one, wasn't sure it was "my thing." By the middle of the first chapter, I was curious as to how the story would go, drawn in by your writing.

By the third chapter, I couldn't stop reading. I can picture it as I read, almost like a little movie.

I'm having trouble finding words to describe how enthralled I am by this fic. I plan on finishing part one, then reading two, three and Daddy's Favorite.

So instead of leaving you with "OMG I LOVE IT!" and cheering (as it seems too . . . fluffy for the story's setting) I leave you with a standing ovation, as tears stream down my face. Bravo.
ddfs chapter 3 . 6/14/2010
LOL, I don't know why but Albus' houseelf Iris had a russian accent in my head when I was reading her dialogue. Maybe I am just tried but it made her conversation with Albus even funnier.
restinpace chapter 15 . 5/12/2010
I feel awful leaving such an inadequate review as this is such an amazing story but I have long struggled with how to properly write reviews and I'm afraid I have not gotten much better since I began. I hope you will forgive me, because as I said, I think this story is amazing.

Albus Dumbledore is my favorite character in the Harry Potter books and so you can imagine my delight in reading something that is entirely from his point of view. I thought that the idea of having his "conscience" speak in Tom's voice and with his beliefs and mannerisms pure genius.

I shall, of course, continue to read Part Two despite the fact that it is not from Albus' point of view, but I wanted to commend you on such an excellent story before I continued it.
Black King 201 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
This is an amazing portrayal of Dumbledore. I felt it is far more realistic than many of the Manipulative! or DARK!LORD! Dumbledores.
YazzyFic chapter 7 . 1/18/2010
"/This boy definitely needs to be in the bed next to Lockheart./"

Oh my, when that line first came up I burst out into laughter. This chapter, especially the end was so eerie and dark. And that line of how Percy's hair was once like fire, now seemed like blood... poetry. Pure poetry.
YazzyFic chapter 5 . 1/18/2010
Iris is such an awesome house elf. XD

"/That’s what you said about Sirius Black as well. Now look what that got him ... an express train to the puppy farm in the sky./"

Seriously? That was so horrible, I gave out a shocked laugh. It's such a ... gruesome(?) statement. Though that's not quite the right word. Either way, it really took me by surprise.
YazzyFic chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
“You did not deserve it.”

Omg, wow. So. true.
Nemrut chapter 15 . 9/9/2009
Your story is one of the best examples why I love reading fanfiction. I loved absolutely everything in your story, your version of the characters, Dumbledore, your Snape, every single member of the Order, the Vampires, the foreign wizards and witches, the plot the dialog, everything.

Genius, is maybe the best word to describe this. Of course Harry comes over to be overly depressed but it works well with this story and it could have happened.

Dumbledore's inner thoughts and guilt have been explained masterfully as well his relationships with various people.

would love to read more.
Emperor Jaden chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Hm. Very interesting! Can't wait to read more.
YuriyTalaIvanov chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
O_O ok...dumbeldore scares me...he's sounding like a pedophillic freak with WAY to much love for Harry
YuriyTalaIvanov chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
ok...this seems very intersting ...but very confusing at times...O_O did snpae use legimency on dumbeldore?
T'Sage chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
This is the story that got me into reading HP fanfiction all those many years ago. I also find that I keep coming back to this story. I absolutely love it, it's a shame you abandoned the third one.