Reviews for A Thousand Miles
ThePotterGeek chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
this is actually really good. i like it. but it doesnt agree with the movie, cuz in that, it says that davy jones saved him.
Menerothiel chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Wow, that was so cool to be almost creepy. Brava!

I rather like the idea of Bootstrap Bill walking around on the ocean floor, trying to find his way home... it almost reminds me of the movie 'Homeward Bound'. Just the whole sentiment of making the long journey to reach home.

Great work!
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
This is wonderful.
Pharaoh Star Yami chapter 1 . 9/26/2004
Yeah, I always thought it was sad that he was still out there and when they broke the curse he'd just die... your story was nice, caught the feelings.
Ysabet chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
_ ... Yeah, I thought of that as well; since the curse was active, he COULDN'T have died. So... And what a beautiful opening for the second movie this would make; if they actually do something like this, I, for one, will squeal like an utter fangirl.

(envious sigh... I wish I could write nice shortfics like this instead of gigantoficcage; it's a real talent. Am enjoying working my way through your stuff at lunch each day!)
Catmint chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
This is great! Love it!
(I know different words to this song, but they're football (soccer to Americans) although they'er not rude).
Jedusor chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
I thought the exact same thing when I saw the movie for the third time. Bill shouldn't have died, and it's quite possible that he'll come back in the sequel. I love ficlets like this; short, but meaningful. Excellent work.
GSYH chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
Hmm...the irony. Bill sent the coin to his son so they'll all be curse forever, and they made his part of the curse worse...
Like ya ending.
DragonRose chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
Thank you! I thought that was well-written. Plus it showed me that I'm not the only one who realized that Will's dad wouldn't have drowned or died just because he was thrown overboard with a cannon tied to his boots. After all, the other pirates could walk underwater just fine. Although, depending on how deep the water was, I supposed the pressure could have crushed his bones, but I like your ficlet better. It'd be an interesting story if he managed to walk up to an island somewhere before the curse was ended and he had to breath air. And then what if he actually found Will or Jack? Interesting concept, don't you think? Keep writing!
Silver and serpents chapter 1 . 10/14/2003
Oh.. brilliant. Absolutely bloody brilliant.

I've been looking for a fic like this for ages (actually, since the first time I saw PotC,) only... you do it so much better than I would've hoped for.. or something. *deamy sigh*

And I think I'm in love with the quote at the end.
katachresis chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
*wonders if Will ends the curse before or after Bootstrap manages to haul his ass out of the water* :X ... At least sharks and the like won't be that much of a problem. n.n

Lovely though. *hugs* :D
succedissidor chapter 1 . 9/16/2003
now, see, i thought i was the only one who wondered what happened to bootstrap... i figured he hung out with the fishies for ten years, and then got a pretty big surprise one day. yours was much more eloquent. likee.
Larania chapter 1 . 8/21/2003
FINALLY! SOMEONE ELSE SAW THAT PLOTHOLE IN THE STORY! It drove me nuts when I realized what must have happened, and I wondered what happened to him! Good story.
Cindy chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
EEk. Wow, I liked this a lot, great job with the imagery. Keep up the good work.
rubylake24 chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
Wow, this is original. I never thought about Bootstrap being affected by the curse of the Aztec gold and surviving. It sounds kinda poetic.