Reviews for Living History
Antiguo chapter 22 . 12/24/2015
Your story is... well, not good.

Sorry, but in the first place you put too much effort into demonizing both Robin and Wells. Yes, they are kind of dicks, but the fact that you go on and on about it, you make the other characters focus on it and so on, it gets trying after a couple of chapters.

In the second, you have a terrible sense of time and pacing. Either it goes too slowly or too fast and while your characterization fo Buffy dialogue is quite remarkable, you take it too far. Yes, they could go on tangent every so often and it was one of the charming points of the series, but they could have normal conversations, they actually snarked instead of just insulting each other and they were no so oblivious. You response of "they have traumas" is a good one, but that doesn't mean it gets taxing reading you go in circles constantly.

But the worst part: the lack of future/present comparison. Yes, they must maintain the timeline protected, but the fact that between them don't speak about the situation that should be normal, don't make but the most barebones comparisons or even in their minds they keep cutting themselves off center it's just too plastic, so obvious that it's for the plot "surprises" that, for me at least, cuts me off from the narrative. You are trying too hard to maintain the secret and plot twists when it is simple unnatural that it should happen.

Great Idea, poor execution.

My absolute respect that you continued writing up to 70 chapters. That's impressive for any kind of writer.

Have a nice day.
Guest chapter 70 . 11/19/2015
This was amazing.
Guest chapter 11 . 10/19/2015
Troll levels are godly. Most great read.
The Sinful chapter 38 . 9/13/2015
Wonder if I'm right. Lake Erie and Lake Superior.
Grover chapter 70 . 7/12/2015
I don't know what to say. I'm blown away by this story of yours. The pacing and the organization was just first rate. This is one of the few I would call great.
thank you so much for all the work you put into it and for allowing all of us to read it.
Grover
Miconis chapter 45 . 9/19/2014
HA! I'm reading this chapter on September 19th!
Miconis chapter 16 . 9/14/2014
I just found this story yesterday and I'm about to die from laughing from the spotlight chapters. Leave it to Faith to futch withe future people
iChaos chapter 70 . 2/3/2014
That was an incredibly captivating story. After I finished the first few chapters I couldn't put it down. Generally, I don't read a lot of time-travel fics, but once I got into it this one was quite fascinating. What sets it apart is definitely the "interview" chapters which focus on many of the relatively minor characters which have not been as thoroughly developed in this fandom.

The primary characterizations were also very well written, especially Xander. I very much appreciated the manner in which you illustrated his handicaps in contrast to all of his supernaturally endowed associates. I thought that you effectively manged to convey that Xander was operating at a disadvantage at all times without letting that fact define his actions.

Plus, the idea of a futuristic interstellar civilization worshiping the scoobies is simultaneously hilarious and sobering. It really puts the consequences of the choices they made at the end of the series into perspective.
Nerfhearder69 chapter 70 . 1/23/2014
Wow, just, wow...
Harmne chapter 70 . 1/17/2014
This was a fantastic story and I'm in awe that you wrote it in a year. I thought I'd already found all the good Buffy-verse stories...so glad I was wrong! This one kept me up all night two nights running (and I'm over 50) and had me teary several times. Wonderful!
ANARCHY RULES chapter 70 . 7/2/2013
Loved it
ANARCHY RULES chapter 50 . 7/1/2013
I really love how you have captured the awkward "Buffyspeak" that was totally unique to Whedon's work
ANARCHY RULES chapter 29 . 7/1/2013
Good chapter
ANARCHY RULES chapter 13 . 7/1/2013
I don't normally review but this chapter had me cackling at the screen for ages
Sdarian chapter 11 . 6/9/2013
This was awesome. Screwing with the future for Fun and Profit!