Reviews for A Taste of Blood
mnementh2000 chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
All I can say is: WOW! Yet, truthfully, you've captured the truth of the direction their relationship will most likely head if the manga or anime continued on. Naru is untrusting of everyone, herself included, abusive of Keitaro in particular and all males in general, manipulative, and the list continues. Akamatsu tried to make it out that all was going to be fine, but Naru never truly changed in the end. In fact, as in your story, she would only ever degenerate more and more,until something horrible happened - death being the likely result as Keitaro would never say anything that might hurt her.

Overall, a well written piece that captures the reality of things in the world of LH, and how things most likely would have ended up.
Lazy Ass Bastard chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
Grey Wolf4, I coud'nt have said a more accurate description even if I wanted to, for I'm too sickenned for what happened in the manga, Is it really worth it to throw away your sense of self for someone who will puch the living lights out of you every chace she gets? Well, here's the answer, Keitaro is a nice guy, him constantly getting propeled through the atmosphere at sonic speed for accidents he had no control over was one of the most sadistic running jokes I've ever seen, I've read the entire love hina manga, and I hated the ending so much I haven't touched the book since then and I avoid the anime like the plague. I rather watch Elfen Lied with a full stomch. thank you Adam for putting this here, it has openned my eyes even more thatn they already were.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
This is a great fic and depicts very accurately how the marriage between Keitaro and Naru would work out, I despised the manga ending because it told me Naru could never love Keitaro for who he is she loved him for what she wanted him to be, in other words Keitaro had thrown his identity and became little more then a Seta Clone.

It is a shame there will be no more chapters but it does assure me that Keitaro has other friends who will help him pick up the pieces of himself, his heart, his soul and his life.
ExhaustedMorningreader chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
This is great.

You really capture my empathy while at the same time

it's so fun in a sadistical sense.

Everybody becomes so human

and mixing humor with tradgedy is alwas great.

Some black humor would fit nice here but that's

just a minor complain ( that would be in addition to the tragedy or for suspence not exclusion).

Write more of this.

More pain and more broken souls.

More healing wounds and care.

More about the relations between.

You express yourself great. Lovely characterization

and concept.

Good smooth story-line progress that is easy read.

You have good sense for drama.

You are a real life idol for authors-wannabees like me.

This is good though to the abused women and men everwere.
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
Strange huh, I was reading up to volume 9 tonight, and I thought to myself, if Keitaro and Naru do get together(and I know they do, I should say that I was re-reading those volumes), then I don't see how they would stay together. Honestly, she beat him at his wedding, for his usual dumb clumsiness. If that's what he wwas looking forward to, then maybe he's a masochist, because he has to think he deserves better than that. Anyway, just my two bits.
kanar chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
well, what can I say but well done
Chris Oddland chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
A rather dark fic, but I personally think that it is still possible that even if Naru loves Keitaro and is married to him that her old violent self will emerge.

Don't get me wrong. I do respect Ken Akamatsu's Keitaro/Naru pairing, but I'm rather pissed that most of the girls still got away with most of the bad things inflicted upon him (and Keitaro's neurotic obsession with Naru. Sure Naru gets sad when she thinks Keitaro will leave her in many moments the series, but I think the physical and psychological abuse from both her and Motoko are worse than their own personal problems.

Nice to see that Mutsumi didn't fall for the temptation to use her powers to manipulate Keitaro to love her.
Wyrm chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
An interesting story, but to me it seemed too short to fully narrate the breakdown of Keitaro and Naru's marriage; it felt more like a summary of a full story, with only the conclusion fully detailed. Additionally, the Harry Potter dream seemed to have nothing to do with the rest of the story, unless Voldemort represented Naru in some symbolic way that I'm just not getting.
FilipinoSniper chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
Plz dont leave keitaro all sad and by himself! finnaly Naru got what she deserved. Mutsumi and Kei all the way!
Rage Buddha chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
I love this story and the other 2 (hard night and peace of mind i think) um.. its a lil over-harry potteris but its still marvelous... (not a potter fan) um yeah pretty much i despise naru and support this even if it wasnt a thinly vailed attack on her...and as odd as this may sound... i like... wanna request a sequel to this... give kei one of the other girls.. or all of them... keitaros harem sounds nifty... there was that idea in another fic with the girls caused him to go blind deaf and mute and suggested it in order to make it up to him.. eh either way... sequel good! no sequel bad!
VtU
crosseyedbutterfly2lazy2signin chapter 1 . 11/27/2003
Heavy stuff there, though very nicely done! It was impressive, the way each girl had her own reaction and it fit her completely, yet it all worked out that Naru that was left to her own fate and not punished like she had punished Keitaro in the past.
CB
sugaraybravo chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
O.O Woah... sad... and cool... and sad... _; anyways, yeah. i like it, even if it is kinda depressing.
Spiritblade chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
A new chapter, please. This is a good one. And Kanako slightly mad? If Keitaro gets hurt in any which way, she will literally LOSE it. We are, after all, dealing with a Fallen Angel here.

Overall, I have to admit, Naru got off easy.
Spiritblade chapter 1 . 8/7/2003
It's excellent, this story. To the point I forgot to breathe. *big, Kitsune-style grin*
PinkBeads chapter 1 . 8/7/2003
Woah! That was just crazy. You must really hate Naru to make her such a crazy bitch! *Hehe you made me curse! lol* Well, Naru and Keitaro are one of my favorite couples and you just made me almost hate the real one! *Not that she is actually real. Just the one in the real manga! _* Well, I hope you write another sequel story to this! Ja Ne