Reviews for Sacrifices to Be Made
missgsmith51 chapter 40 . 1/4/2014
I hope Harry gets Hermione under control. Her behavior is concerning for several reasons, the main one being that if Harry is distracted, lives are being endangered.

I just hope Malfoy isn't playing a duplicitous game with Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 39 . 1/4/2014
I'm sorry, Hermione ... It's not nice to tease Harry like that, just because you can. Such behavior could come back to bite you in the butt if you persist in carrying it too far!
missgsmith51 chapter 38 . 1/4/2014
Why didn't Harry just call Dobby to bring them some food? I think the first thing he needs to do is stock 12GP with some staples that won't go bad so quickly. They also need a freezer, or don't Wizards use them?

I worry about Ron.
missgsmith51 chapter 37 . 1/4/2014
They do keep winding up alone, don't they? I wonder if the DE was wearing a mask or if Harry just recognized him ... or her. I can't imagine what it must be like to wonder, every time they step out of doors, whether they will make it back alive. That kind of stress on a couple of kids ...
missgsmith51 chapter 36 . 1/4/2014
Well, it wasn't embarrassing, but it was certainly unsettling for the kids. Phineas certainly is a butthead!

I can't wait to hear about Dumbledore's conversation with Hermione, as they usually tend to leave her pretty well wound up.
missgsmith51 chapter 35 . 1/4/2014
Oh, dear! Imagine having to go to Dumbledore to talk about one's sexual urges and issues, even if they were magic- and curse-related. That would certainly be an awkward conversation! Those poor kids! I hope that "channeling" of Phineas and Carpathia stops after they're married. :(
missgsmith51 chapter 34 . 1/4/2014
"Neville, will you please wake Mr. Weasley up?" As I suspected! LOL

Poor Harry! I may be a woman, but I definitely did NOT get the "shopping gene." I have great sympathy for Harry ... and the Aurors.
missgsmith51 chapter 33 . 1/4/2014
ROTFLOL! Yep, thinking of Umbridge in any way at all should take care of any, um, amorous reactions! My concern would be that they might cause revulsion or even extreme nausea.

I've always found it interesting that there is no P.E. at Hogwarts. Think about the Tri-Wizard Tournament. All of those tasks required strength and agility. For example, the champions couldn't just summon either the dragon eggs or their hostages; they needed strength and stamina, as well as magical abilities, to succeed. Those physical attributes don't just pop up at will; they must be cultivated and maintained. Magic might be able to make one look slimmer or more muscular via glamours and such, but I doubt it can actually make one instantly stronger. The multitude of staircases provide a mild cardio workout for the general population, but they do nothing for strength training; and even the cardio is not enough for what hey are training to be: an elite fighting team.

These kids have a tough road ahead. Harry and Hermione will do it because they must. Ginny is tough, and I doubt she'll complain. Luna will go along okay, and I think Neville would bust his butt for Harry. Once again, I suspect Ron will complain. I hope I'm wrong, but Ron isn't really into self-denial or deprivation of any kind. This will be an interesting ordeal.
missgsmith51 chapter 32 . 1/4/2014
Go, Neville!

[Dumbledore's] eyes narrowed, seriously, "This is your final chance to withdraw from the Order."
None of them moved, however Ron shuffled from foot to foot nervously.

This does not bode well. Ron's shuffling tells me he is not committed. I wonder if Dumbledore will see this and talk to him ... or Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 31 . 1/4/2014
Ouch. Ron is correct, of course, and misses his friends. This is understandable and needs to be addressed. But he is also jealous and immature, and I see him as the weak link in the group. When he gets worked up, he will just walk off and abandon his friends. Quite honestly, I think Ron could be vulnerable to Voldemort's promises of power, fame, and riches.

Snape needs to let Harry know as much as he can without compromising Draco's safety. There's more than meets the eye going on here.
missgsmith51 chapter 30 . 1/4/2014
I guess it's true ... Harry has influence! I'm glad he followed my advice and got brooms for everyone. I'm a bit worried about Neville and Hermione, though. They hate flying.

Love Order of the Dog Star. Very nice.
missgsmith51 chapter 29 . 1/4/2014
Harry needs to spend some of that gold and make sure everyone has a decent, fast broom. Hermione needs to get some Wizarding walkie-talkies that they can wear on their wrists. He also needs to make sure he puts a sticking charm on his glasses in battle ... or wears goggles that have a strap around his head.

I feel sorry for the kids. Mad-Eye is a harsh taskmaster.
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 1/4/2014
You know, your story is making me dislike Snape even more than usual ... and that's a lot.

Hermione's dream is creepy. She must be channeling Harry's recollection of the night his parents were murdered.

What the heck is the Phoenix Prophecy?
missgsmith51 chapter 27 . 1/4/2014
"Tell me what you feel in here. Don't try to think about it, Ronald. You are at your best when you don't think." LOL Well, that would be pretty much any time he isn't playing chess, right?

Poor Hermione. She has had enough shocks the past few weeks to last a lifetime. Harry has had, as well, but this latest he's known for a while. Since this story was completed before HBP, I'm assuming it has no Horcruxes?
missgsmith51 chapter 26 . 1/4/2014
"I didn't deflower her. She hasn't got any flowers on her at all ..." Typical Ron. LOL about the Chudley Cannons! Hilarious! Ron will be beloved. Does this mean HE is engaged?

Luna's dad always strikes me as a Wizarding version of a hippie. The Quibbler is just the kind of underground, alternative paper one would have seen at Berkeley, like The Berkeley Barb. I'll bet Xeno wears Birkis and moccasins instead of wizard boots, too.
1,919 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »