Reviews for Sacrifices to Be Made
Shadowdog11 chapter 2 . 7/25
I like the build up of the story!
Shadowdog11 chapter 1 . 7/25
Good, short, descriptive prologue-y chapter. I like the premise. It's a good logical stepping stone
sg1robinson chapter 56 . 6/27
Damn! This was good!
spinnerofdark chapter 56 . 6/17
Wonderful story, and the end is perfect.
Harry shrugged, "I'm safe there from Voldemort. Something about my mother's blood and my aunt preventing him from hurting me while I'm there."
Her eyes lit up with understanding, "Of course, why didn't I think of that before? It was your mother that saved you and your aunt is her sister. It all makes sense, now."

Actually, it doesn't make sense.
Starting with the whole concept his mother died to protect him. So she was the first mother in magical history who died to protect her child?
Then, he has to live with his aunt. There is another blood relative of his mother, and that is ... Harry.
Even assuming that Harry is actually safe from external threats at the Dursleys. The Black home has many ancient protections in addition to the Fidelius. It is safe enough for all order members. Why is it not safe enough for Harry.

And Harry has already spent the required time at the Dursleys. When was Dumbledore going to tell Harry?
Dethryl chapter 17 . 6/15
This fic was so nice and enjoyable until the magic ring came along. Can't any of you Harmony authors write a normal story? You know, where characters actually talk to each other and don't need to resort to telepathy, emotion-sharing, dream-talking, or soul bonds? The characters don't need to be radically changed in order to have a functional relationship! GAH!
Amanthya chapter 56 . 6/9
Re-reading, yet again, and still loving. Man, the HP story is so much better without horcruxes. Or at least, without additional ones after the diary. This is the way that canon should've gone if JKR hadn't needed to stretch out the series to last 7 books by adding tedious unnecessary plot-devices and miscommunications.

I think it makes sense that Harry would have a prodigious skill with enchanting, because he was clearly as prophesized destined to be very powerful. But you didn't make him magically invulnerable or super smart to make him into a Gary-Stue, but made him work and practice his butt off to make the most of his skills and talents.

And you didn't take him out of action too long or too short to give time to the young Order time to grow in his absence. A lot of times writers can't find the balance, and they take someone out too shortly to add filler, or too long and create the melodrama of their main lead having competition as leader and being ignorant from a long absence.

There's just a lot of things I like about this story. If I talk anymore, this review will be a chapter long. But thank you again for this story.
Amanthya chapter 10 . 6/7
I imagine he says "I'm always up for it" in the same tone as he used in the movie when he said "but I *am* the Chosen One". XD
The Ghostly Minion chapter 14 . 5/14
One thing that has this story in my favorites is how you've dealt with the 'Sixth year Conundrum', a real problem for. Harmonians. Bravo!

TGM
The Ghostly Minion chapter 13 . 5/14
Excellent chapter.. Harry is settling in as a professor, Malfoy surprises.

TGM
KingRider6911 chapter 56 . 4/2
Pretty cool story! There were parts that were confusing because there was no line break to signal moving on but over all it was really good.
projectjay chapter 2 . 4/2
Fav
Saissa chapter 21 . 3/21
You said this was an independent Harry story. Well it's NOT.

Harry is still under the thumbs of Molly Weasley, Dumbles, Snape and McGonagall.
I do NOT call that being independent.

I have to stop reading at this point. I was hoping it would get better but it doesnt.
Saissa chapter 7 . 3/21
I dont get this. How the heck can harry make his own decisions and become independent while Ron, Ginny and Molly are STILL part of his life. THE WEASLEYS make all the decisions for him! Harry needs to BAN all the weasleys from the house and his life.

Oh and Molly. Hermione is NOT 15. She is 16, almost 17 - thank you very much!
Knight of the Round Bagel chapter 56 . 3/7
This story was fantastic! I literally couldn't stop reading it, finished it all in one sitting save for a brief break for food. Well written. I look forward to reading your other fanfictions!
1,894 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »