Reviews for Sacrifices to Be Made
Shadowdog11 chapter 16 . 7/26/2016
Seriously? He gets no information? Your Harry had the backbone of a worm. After Hermione leaves he just tells Dumble-secret to tel him what the hell is going on. Oh, and burns the Phineas portrait at Grimauld. Why?
Shadowdog11 chapter 15 . 7/26/2016
How about "fuck you, you're not getting in my head without an explanation. If at all" I don't get it. Is your Harry making his own decisions (made this statement several times) or just pretending to disagree then going along with everything anyway?
Shadowdog11 chapter 14 . 7/26/2016
Hmm. Guess I had stopped reading cuz I wasn't in the mood because k don't recall a story progressing like this before.
Shadowdog11 chapter 10 . 7/25/2016
Well I've clearly read this already... I can't comment on every chapter, so that means I've either waited up to 6 months to read again and can't remember or I never completed it...
Shadowdog11 chapter 7 . 7/25/2016
How about "stfu in my house?"
Shadowdog11 chapter 6 . 7/25/2016
Good hermione self-talk
Shadowdog11 chapter 4 . 7/25/2016
I feel like I've read this, but for the life of me I can't recall if I finished it. Oh well, I like the premise
Shadowdog11 chapter 3 . 7/25/2016
He keeps taking about being invaded. Did he forget about the "only 3 people allowed in" portion of the letter?
Shadowdog11 chapter 2 . 7/25/2016
I like the build up of the story!
Shadowdog11 chapter 1 . 7/25/2016
Good, short, descriptive prologue-y chapter. I like the premise. It's a good logical stepping stone
sg1robinson chapter 56 . 6/27/2016
Damn! This was good!
spinnerofdark chapter 56 . 6/17/2016
Wonderful story, and the end is perfect.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/15/2016
Harry shrugged, "I'm safe there from Voldemort. Something about my mother's blood and my aunt preventing him from hurting me while I'm there."
Her eyes lit up with understanding, "Of course, why didn't I think of that before? It was your mother that saved you and your aunt is her sister. It all makes sense, now."

Actually, it doesn't make sense.
Starting with the whole concept his mother died to protect him. So she was the first mother in magical history who died to protect her child?
Then, he has to live with his aunt. There is another blood relative of his mother, and that is ... Harry.
Even assuming that Harry is actually safe from external threats at the Dursleys. The Black home has many ancient protections in addition to the Fidelius. It is safe enough for all order members. Why is it not safe enough for Harry.

And Harry has already spent the required time at the Dursleys. When was Dumbledore going to tell Harry?
Dethryl chapter 17 . 6/15/2016
This fic was so nice and enjoyable until the magic ring came along. Can't any of you Harmony authors write a normal story? You know, where characters actually talk to each other and don't need to resort to telepathy, emotion-sharing, dream-talking, or soul bonds? The characters don't need to be radically changed in order to have a functional relationship! GAH!
Amanthya chapter 56 . 6/9/2016
Re-reading, yet again, and still loving. Man, the HP story is so much better without horcruxes. Or at least, without additional ones after the diary. This is the way that canon should've gone if JKR hadn't needed to stretch out the series to last 7 books by adding tedious unnecessary plot-devices and miscommunications.

I think it makes sense that Harry would have a prodigious skill with enchanting, because he was clearly as prophesized destined to be very powerful. But you didn't make him magically invulnerable or super smart to make him into a Gary-Stue, but made him work and practice his butt off to make the most of his skills and talents.

And you didn't take him out of action too long or too short to give time to the young Order time to grow in his absence. A lot of times writers can't find the balance, and they take someone out too shortly to add filler, or too long and create the melodrama of their main lead having competition as leader and being ignorant from a long absence.

There's just a lot of things I like about this story. If I talk anymore, this review will be a chapter long. But thank you again for this story.
1,917 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »