Reviews for Sacrifices to Be Made
rambling.rebel1 chapter 3 . 9/29/2015
A very nice start to this tale. I am looking forward to reading more of this. Keep up the good work.

The Rebel
FierceDeityLinkMask chapter 56 . 9/28/2015
I love this fanfic! Heartwarming, Great, and even got me to shed a tear at the end! I laughed at titanic's ending but this made me shed a tear! You rock author!
Araytigre chapter 56 . 9/8/2015
A very enjoyable story, and I can't wait to start reading the sequel. I really liked the progression of each of the kids, particularly Harry and Hermione, as well as Draco. I'm glad that this story didn't have the Horcrux issue, as I feel that it would have bogged it down, although I did get a kick out of Harry's Zombie Enchantment instructor. I also got a kick out of the demise's of Tom, Bella, and Lucius. Thank You. TTFN
thebetawholived chapter 30 . 9/5/2015
I think Ron meant that 110mph was the quarter mile speed. 0-60 is a reference to time: the time necessary to accelerate from a standing start to 60mph.
GriffonSpade chapter 56 . 8/22/2015
While I felt the battle with Voldemort was rather lame, the end of the story was otherwise a good end to a good story.
GriffonSpade chapter 44 . 8/20/2015
The story is still really good and has maintained its quality in writing, and the errors have greatly improved, diminishing to rare typographical errors.

"...not quite as much since the Black's money had been laying in the family vault collecting interest all these years..."
I find it highly dubious that a /goblin/ bank with a /monopoly/ would offer /modern/ commercial-investment hybrid banking features like interest. They'd be the sort to charge a storage fee. However, they are likely to have earned money from /rent/ and /investment returns/ from property holdings.
GriffonSpade chapter 23 . 8/16/2015
So far your story is looking great. Your major issue appears to be a lot of bizarre grammar errors involving apostrophes.

Grammar: The basic 'person' pronouns do not receive apostrophe-s to be possessive, they have their own special possessive forms, so only the contractions will have an apostrophe.
If you have the entire story in a single document, there are a dozen similar words you might want to check throughout your story using a text-search function. (were, we're, where, there, their, they're, who's, whose, it's, its, )
Grammar: You add an apostrophe before 's'es for no apparent reason, such as in plural words. In English, an in-word apostrophe is almost entirely for making a word possessive or contracted.
Grammar: 99% of of the time, 'of' after should(n't), would(n't), could(n't), should be /have/('ve) (would've, should've, could've).
Most of the rest use an implied verb referring to a previously stated action. (ex: I said I would [do previously mentioned action] of course) I think a comma should come before 'of' in this use due to being an interjection as well, but I'm uncertain.
The final group involve pluralizing either a word/phrase bounded in apostrophes or an initialism/acronym.
I suggest using the search feature to check all instances of 'of' following those six words.
Grammar: I'm a bit iffy on hyphenation, but you don't need to use them normally with a possessive form noun, which can already be used as an article? (I think that would be the word-role) (week's end, or plural weeks' end, not weeks-end)
I think words are supposed be inter-hyphenated when:
A noun or adjective is used as an adverb, or otherwise when a phrase is used as a single adjective, (Which would be different than using them divided by commas; red-zoned thing means something different than red, zoned thing) including when using them separately would be contradictory (black-and-blue, black-and-white) [note that this does not include normal adverbs that are describing an adjective][note that /nouns/ using the same words will not be hyphenated].
Certain fixed noun phrases, including appellations consisting of clauses(boy-who-lived, he-who-must-not-be-named, thing-that-should-not-be, etc) and adnouns (adjectives that have become so associated with a certain noun that the noun is only implied, and not explicit) that had them before they lost their nouns.
Typography: Pansy Parkinson's last name is repeatedly misspelled, in multiple ways.
Chapter 17:
Disbelief: "Hermione's father was lost, "Detest-what?" He's a doctor of medicine(dentistry in this case). They /swim/ in neo-Latin words. He should be looking for clarity like, 'What, /precisely/, do you mean by detestation?'
Also, there shouldn't've been an apostrophe in Doctors in the chapter name.
Septimus714 chapter 56 . 7/31/2015
Well done. These words being said because I have never seen a more wonderful mix between romance, action/adventure, and near lemons. The only thing that I would have changed would be adding some sort of exiting statement. Apart from that, it truly is a job well done.
RngrThorne chapter 56 . 7/26/2015
Hogwarts really is where he belongs. Nice story.
glenn1970 chapter 56 . 7/12/2015
Wow! What a great story! Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into it...loved it :-)
jchangpa chapter 3 . 7/9/2015
Extreme bad story. Let move to something that is at least good. this is not.
jchangpa chapter 2 . 7/9/2015
This is bad, Ron will give his live for harry, most be a nightmare you have. Ron do not give anything if he do not gain something. He is a Malfoy with a sheep dress.
Jim Red Hawk chapter 56 . 6/21/2015
Outstanding! Thank you for the time and effort you put into your writing.

becklenay chapter 38 . 5/2/2015
I just read A*****'s reviews - and must concur with your analysis of such reviewer. I, myself, was married at 18 and was definitely not the first in my graduating class. The reader must remember that Harry's time is not our time. 1996 was VERY different when it came to social mores.

That said, I am quite enjoying your "spin" on what could have been possible if Harry had 'woken up'.
MARDONSGT chapter 56 . 4/20/2015
Totally in awe of this story. Great plot.
1,895 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »