Reviews for A Shine Like Gold
ImmortalRei chapter 15 . 4/29/2010
And I am the first reviewer in more than a year! Read through it in one go and it was great. Obviously not expecting an update but. Could I possibly find out how the story would have theoretically ended?
Missed Nin chapter 15 . 5/26/2008
I really enjoyed this fic - you've written a very believable Quistis and you've made her likeable. I like that didn't think much of Rinoa but ended up changing her opinions, and I like the way you're made up a convincing and melodrama-free "normal life" for all the characters, both in this fic and in Sincerity Cowboy. It's unusual in fanfic and you do it well enough to make it interesting. Well done!

I see this hasn't been updated for ages, so I won't say "please write more!lol!", but I guess thanks for writing one and a half very good fanfics, and if you do ever get round to finishing this, I'll be reading. Thanks.

~MN
Einsamkeit chapter 15 . 12/21/2007
Wow... I can't believe there aren't more chapters...

You have a very unique writing style, I've never read something like this among the ff8 fanfics.

And I think I fell in love with Shain *_* he's so charming !

M... I guess you won't finish this fanfic after all

How dissapointig because it's really great.

Anyway, there's always hope :)
Miss Kinneas chapter 2 . 11/27/2007
Hey, how are you doing atm?

Just finished high school myself X_X what a bitch lol wish I couldda gone to a Garden -_-

Anyway about this chapter...hate to point out something but read through the beginning of the chapter again and well how can Zell be talking to Quisty and Rinoa and then suddenly enter without leaving? o_0

Love to read your stories,

good luck in everything,

Amethyst-Rose
Velocity chapter 15 . 11/22/2006
I wish I had something useful to say, but all I can say is that I really love this story, and I'm looking forward to the next update.
Ifalna chapter 15 . 11/3/2006
This is an AWESOME fanfic. Please please PLEASE finish it! I know it's rough, picking a story up after so much time. I'm working on two fics I started four years ago and never finished because of the frustrations of life. I hope your father is doing well.

Ifalna
Silver Miracles chapter 15 . 10/27/2006
yay! I really like your writing, so this has made me very happy. I know it's hard to pick up dead stories- I have several of my own ;) Best of luck to you, I can't wait!
Achenar chapter 15 . 10/17/2006
OMG. It's you.

I read this ages back and loved it, and wandered back to today for lack of anything better to do. And I've been keeping an eye out for How Not to Date Blondes, also. And you're the same person.

No wonder I'm so enjoying Blondes.

This, also - can't wait to see more. :)
Empress-Eerian-Sadow chapter 15 . 10/15/2006
ah, now here's a story that i've missed. and you did a most excellent job of picking up where you left off-i couldn't even tell that it had been a year since you worked on it. great work, darling, great work.

and i'm on my way over to livejournal right now to friend you, so that i can keep up with everyting. ;) my user name is eerian_sadow so you'll know its me.
Noacat chapter 15 . 10/15/2006
Odd how easy it is for me to pick reading this story back up. I nearly fell off my chair when I got the alert. And what a chapter! I love Shain's whole keeper of the bag things. As an OC, he fits in so seemlessly and I kind of love you for it.
Ev chapter 14 . 7/19/2006
You know, I really like your series. I just finished Sincerity Cowboy, and A Shine Like Gold, and It's really been wonderful to get inside these characters' heads for a while. I've always loved Irvine and Selphie, but I was never quite sold on Quistis. And now I am, and it's thanks to you. That's quite a recomendation, huh? And while I'd love to see the series go on, and tell a story about Zell, I'd be content to just see this one finished.

You've got a wonder talent for internal dialogue which really shines in this one, and it's a rather poignant conterpoint to Cowboy that, while Irvine's got "alone issues," it's actually poor Quisty who is a step apart from all the others. Whether that's due to her proverbial height, her former status as instructor over several members of the cast, or just her primness clashing against Selphie's exuberance, Zell's joy at life, and Irvine's simple grounding in the basics.

So, good job. Keep writing. And if the mood strikes you to come back to this story, I'll be checking back for more updates.
Linda chapter 14 . 7/8/2006
I very much enjoyed this story. The characterizations were believable, and the plot was very well done. I hope that this will be continued at some point.
Silver Miracles chapter 14 . 4/23/2006
I love this fafic! Sincerity Cowboy is one of my all time favorites. I hope your dad stays well, and I hope you stay relaxed, and (on a more selfish level) I hope you update! Because this fic is rockin'.
Countergod chapter 14 . 12/30/2005
Wow... great story! the detail and personal relation with Quistis is great! and its all very exemplery! all i can say is A rated story, A rated details, and A in the attention grabbing.
Caleb Nova chapter 14 . 11/27/2005
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I spent over four years piecing together On Earth as it is in Hell. And even now after it's been finished all this time, I still went back and rewrote it. I've discovered that you're never really done with a story. Even at this very moment I can think of a dozen things I'd like to change about On Earth. But I've got better things to do.

Well, not really. But I am monumentally lazy.