Reviews for Something Good
UndoubtedlyTheWine chapter 3 . 4/10
Loved this!
(And there’s one young lady in particular who is so anxious to see you, she might drown herself in her pea soup if you don’t come soon enough.”
"Marta?”
“Baroness Schraeder, of course,” Georg replied, straight-faced, and pushed the dining-room door open for the governess.)

Lol! Laughed my head off at that.
UndoubtedlyTheWine chapter 1 . 3/1
No, you are not the only member of "Society For The Fair & Kind Treatment Of The Baroness" :D
I have always loved Elsa's character in the film and the way she handles herself after Georg decides to break off their engagement and steps aside with dignity was just great. Btw fab first chapter! Without wasting anymore time, I am going to hop onto the next one :)
JasmineGabrielle chapter 12 . 1/11
As this was posted a long time ago, I am not sure whether you will see this. I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this, you write beautifully and managed to include so many aspects of The Sound of Music.
DibbsB chapter 1 . 12/16/2016
I can't even begin to put into words how much I love this story! The gradual process of awareness between the Captain and Maria is so engrossing. It's quite clear by now that Maria is in love with the Captain and he realizes it. Makes me think of Elsa's comment in the movie of "There's nothing more irresistible to a man than a woman who is in love with him." I was not sure I believed that comment before, but looking at her through Georg's eyes, I do see how true it is. He is definitely trying to figure out what her looks mean - like a firefly to a candle - he cannot resist what he sees. It's also interesting that he is steadily becoming more and more aware that she means everything to him - much more than a hot, romantic interest - she is becoming his very heartbeat. It's also not surprising that the more he realizes it, the more his thoughts go back to his love for Agatha. He can't believe he is starting to realize someone else also stirs his soul. I lost my husband about three years ago, so recognize the longing for that love that is only a memory now. It's clear he does not have it with Elsa, even though he has tried to force the feeling. The difference between what he once had with Agatha and what he doesn't have for Else leaves him feeling bereft. It is so painful to even try again after having the very other half of you ripped away - Leaves you so vulnerable. You do a great job of showing how a less deep feeling for Elsa was not intimidating and helped him along his baby-step path back into feeling. But, now he is feeling it - feeling something he thought he would never, ever experience again.
I know it's been many years since you last wrote, but I wanted you to know that even all these years later, your story has touched me like no other! I absolutely love TSOM and your story has filled in all that was missing. Your writing an insight is simply fantastic!
Guest chapter 10 . 10/25/2013
I love this. I know you wrote this nearly ten years ago and I haven't checked to see if you have written recently but I hope you have. The depth of emotion Georg has for his children, his dead wife and his country is beautiful. It makes you think about life itself. Thank you
utility - singer chapter 12 . 7/8/2013
This is wonderful. I do wish you would consider returning, and writing more!
Hannah chapter 12 . 3/8/2012
I just thought I'd let those of you who are interested know that this author has a fairly frequently updated livejournal here: and a whole host of other fanfic. Although there is no more of this, all of her work is amazing and you might find something you like ;)

Anyway, didn't want anyone else to miss out on reading more of her fabulous work.
Charmian James chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I am also a member of the Society For The Fair & Kind Treatment Of The Baroness, and I really like the way she was featured in this story. Of course, my loyalty is to Georg and Maria, but it seems realistic to the movie that Georg would treat the Baroness that way. I really like your writing style, so I'd like to see more of your work :)
som04 chapter 12 . 12/9/2011
i like this hope u will finish it off
pookieindigoblue chapter 12 . 12/8/2010
I just want to say, Ilandra, if you happen to peek at this one day, that I think you have a real talent for writing which you should pursue. Your prose flows so easily it is difficult to put it down, and together with your wonderful characterisation, in my opinion, your 'Something Good' is easily the best story here.

Please, please continue your writing!
lrigD chapter 12 . 5/17/2010
I don't think I have any chance at rousing you back into action - seeing as the last time this story was updated was 2004...

But I do love this story. You have (had?) a way of capturing the atmosphere of the film in a way that is neither too sweet nor too 'cold'. It's a great balance and it definitely shows your abilities as a writer.

Furthermore I just love to see the development in their relationship, which you have, once again, managed to capture very well. I always wanted to see those things in the movie more - especially moments with the children, too. You satisfy that need D
Marish89 chapter 12 . 1/27/2010
Wonderful story - please continue it! I'd love to read more!
kitcat19us chapter 12 . 9/11/2009
really great story..so far
JeNNiFeR07 chapter 12 . 8/12/2009
Absolutely splendid :D i'm not sure if i commented or not.. haha, but GREAT JOB! (:

you're amazing. please continue! :D
bingblot chapter 12 . 1/18/2009
This was such a lovely moment between the Captain and Maria. I love how you're building up the relationship between them so gradually; I always think it's a pity that we don't get to see more of the build-up. Plus I love how you're making Agathe a character in how she lives on in the Captain's memories; that's exactly the way it should be.

I do hope you plan to write more of this lovely story! Please don't abandon it just when the Captain/Maria interaction is getting so lovely!