Reviews for Something Good
Guest chapter 10 . 10/25/2013
I love this. I know you wrote this nearly ten years ago and I haven't checked to see if you have written recently but I hope you have. The depth of emotion Georg has for his children, his dead wife and his country is beautiful. It makes you think about life itself. Thank you
utility - singer chapter 12 . 7/8/2013
This is wonderful. I do wish you would consider returning, and writing more!
Hannah chapter 12 . 3/8/2012
I just thought I'd let those of you who are interested know that this author has a fairly frequently updated livejournal here: and a whole host of other fanfic. Although there is no more of this, all of her work is amazing and you might find something you like ;)

Anyway, didn't want anyone else to miss out on reading more of her fabulous work.
Charmian James chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I am also a member of the Society For The Fair & Kind Treatment Of The Baroness, and I really like the way she was featured in this story. Of course, my loyalty is to Georg and Maria, but it seems realistic to the movie that Georg would treat the Baroness that way. I really like your writing style, so I'd like to see more of your work :)
som04 chapter 12 . 12/9/2011
i like this hope u will finish it off
pookieindigoblue chapter 12 . 12/8/2010
I just want to say, Ilandra, if you happen to peek at this one day, that I think you have a real talent for writing which you should pursue. Your prose flows so easily it is difficult to put it down, and together with your wonderful characterisation, in my opinion, your 'Something Good' is easily the best story here.

Please, please continue your writing!
lrigD chapter 12 . 5/17/2010
I don't think I have any chance at rousing you back into action - seeing as the last time this story was updated was 2004...

But I do love this story. You have (had?) a way of capturing the atmosphere of the film in a way that is neither too sweet nor too 'cold'. It's a great balance and it definitely shows your abilities as a writer.

Furthermore I just love to see the development in their relationship, which you have, once again, managed to capture very well. I always wanted to see those things in the movie more - especially moments with the children, too. You satisfy that need D
Marish89 chapter 12 . 1/27/2010
Wonderful story - please continue it! I'd love to read more!
kitcat19us chapter 12 . 9/11/2009
really great story..so far
JeNNiFeR07 chapter 12 . 8/12/2009
Absolutely splendid :D i'm not sure if i commented or not.. haha, but GREAT JOB! (:

you're amazing. please continue! :D
bingblot chapter 12 . 1/18/2009
This was such a lovely moment between the Captain and Maria. I love how you're building up the relationship between them so gradually; I always think it's a pity that we don't get to see more of the build-up. Plus I love how you're making Agathe a character in how she lives on in the Captain's memories; that's exactly the way it should be.

I do hope you plan to write more of this lovely story! Please don't abandon it just when the Captain/Maria interaction is getting so lovely!
Silvercrystal77 chapter 12 . 12/2/2008
Please don't give up on this story! I love it! This is honestly one of the best SOM stories I have ever read! I love it when people emphasize how good Maria is with the children. I really hope you haven't abandoned this story. Keep up the good work and please update soon!

~Silvercrystal77
unsubscribe chapter 12 . 6/20/2008
Aww, aren't you gonna write more? Please do!
Diamond and Stars chapter 12 . 4/6/2008
eh mah gosh...this is a wonderful fanfiction! I have...no words to say. So I'll just keep quiet and wait patiently for the next chapter.

xoxo

Diamonds and Stars
Shahrazad63 chapter 12 . 2/21/2008
I know it has been a long time since the last update, but I just had to review this one. It is, by far, my favorite story among the 271 stories in this site today. Your story delighted me, you are an absolutely amazing writer. I hope that, whatever you are doing now, you are still writing! Thank you so much this.