Reviews for The Circle
Scififanatic chapter 12 . 1/5
I love the quotes at the beginning! They kind of remind me of the quotes at the beginning of the chapters of Dune by Frank Herbert. Is that where you got the idea? Well anyway, I love them - it's interesting to see other points of view and it gives the reader a clue of what's going on (and what's happened in the padt) in the galaxy. So cool!
Oooh a cliffie! Please update soon! I love this fic soooo much! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Storm Music chapter 12 . 1/5
I was delighted to see this updated, and this chapter definitely didn't disappoint! I'm very intrigued by Archimedes' actions, and I can't wait to see how the rest of the action plays out next chapter! And I just have to say, I really love the quotes at the beginning of the chapters. They really help to set the tone for the chapter and are quite unique to any other story I've read here. Keep up the great writing!
Ravencritic chapter 12 . 1/2
This is a rare fanfic! I love detailed fics, and especially ones with unique characters and their histories! Sasha and Ben are great, as well all your other characters. I'm very eager to learn the history of Melody, Han, Darth Rage, Anakin, and Lucea. You master suspense well - I enjoy Archimedes' role. I can't wait until you update again! I love how you've created your own version of this world; you introduce a lot of new characters and allude to their pasts.
Good job, good luck, and keep writing!
Ravencritic chapter 12 . 1/2
This is fantastic! It
Viari chapter 11 . 9/17/2015
There is absolutely no excuse for my absence over the last year, especially since you gave us three new chapters. I did read each chapter soon after you posted it, and I am still completely enamored of this story. Since I was a terrible reader and didn’t respond to the updates in a timely manner, I’m going to try for a more detailed review now:

In chapter 9, that first scene on Mustafar when Lucéa and Anakin show up – I was so excited for them to appear! I love how even though her background in this story has changed somewhat, Lucéa is still the same shrewd yet idealistic politician I remember from the original Circle. Her interactions with Anakin are great, and I love her observations about him as they wander the surface of the planet. Then there was Ben’s description of the darkness coiled up around Melody and how it resembled the old darkness he’d sensed in Padreic – that whole section gave me chills. Beautiful writing. The exchange about Ben’s name was also great. The whole scene was great! I sound like a broken record, and I know I’m fangirling pretty hard right now; but I honestly think this story is amazing. Moving on!

Okay, so chapter 10. Holy crap, Han and Luke. Just… I don’t even know how to respond except to say that it was so heartbreakingly normal yet not. Despite the galaxy-wide ramifications of Luke's betrayal, his conversation with Han seemed very personal. It reminded me of a passage in the RotS novelization when Anakin and Obi-Wan are dueling on Mustafar, and it describes them not as Jedi vs. Sith, but as two people who have damaged each other. Or something of that nature. Anyway, the fact that this version of Rage is intact and ordinary-looking just makes the scene even more intense. Also, Han hasn’t seen Luke since Hoth, huh? Very interesting… did Luke try to do the whole “defeat the Empire from within” thing and it ended up backfiring on him? I’m so curious to know exactly what transpired in the past to get us to this point, but I know you’ll reveal all that in good time. I know the line about Leia having to fight her former students and friends was sad, but I also loved it because it’s another mention of Leia’s Jediness, and I heart Leia in full on Jedi mode.

I think I was far too pleased with the scene where Anakin and Lucéa discuss their names. That stuff is totally up my alley.

Damn, that last scene on the transport was intense. Your action scenes continue to be every bit as good as the rest of the story.

Finally, last chapter! The scene where Ben probes the Star Destroyer in the Force and tries to follow the web out into space only to be stopped by the dark figure with a lightsaber – very creepy and well done! I have some guesses about what all that scene entails, but it’s still probably a little early to form a complete theory. Either way, I’m intrigued and apprehensive and excited to see where it leads. I loved the scene between Sasha and Rage, especially that last line.

So that’s the end of my rambling. I’m so glad you’ve been able to work on this story some more, and I hope it continues to be as fun for you to write as it is for me to read!
AI chapter 11 . 6/24/2015
I'm so confused by the mysteries here, which is a good thing! I like puzzles. I think Patreic is reformed Vader? And who is Ben? Leia is dead, Luke is Darth Rage, who the heck is Hal and Melody? I'm bummed there isn't more but I appreciate all you've shared so far. Thanks for writing!
Storm Music chapter 1 . 6/6/2015
Just found your story, and I just wanted to say that I enjoy your writing style. You've got great characterization, and the pace and flow of the plot is well timed. Definitely one of the gems in the Star Wars archive. Looking forward to further chapters!
Anon chapter 11 . 6/4/2015
I cannot believe I've never read this before. It's amazing (as are your other pieces of work) and so well written. Really loved reading this :D
heloise1 chapter 11 . 5/27/2015
I find the concept of this story the most interesting and with these new updates it becomes more and more exciting. I secretly hope for a family reunion and redemption for Luke (and I would really like to know what happened to him). Intelligent plot, nice details, characters, writing – please, continue. (And if it possible, no Mara Jade, please.)
Esther Huffleclaw chapter 11 . 5/25/2015
Ooooh! Good for you, Sasha!
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 11 . 5/24/2015
Good with mechanics indeed. I still can't say I like 'Rage' as a Sith name, but other than that, I'm still liking this.
1GreenEyes chapter 11 . 5/23/2015
Loved the story. Hope you continue to write.
God of Laundry Baskets chapter 11 . 5/23/2015
Oh how interesting! I'm definitely wondering what's up with the sabotage. :D Can't wait to find out more. Excellent update! :3
Guest chapter 10 . 4/9/2015