Reviews for Adamant and Starlight
Drarry Queen chapter 1 . 12/24/2020
This fic was amazing. So incredibly angsty and sad but so beautifully written. I'm so glad Draco got his memory back in the end. I was worried there for awhile! Great job!
Guest chapter 15 . 1/23/2018
The ending... simply beautiful.
TheThingsIRegret chapter 15 . 9/16/2011
Enjoyed this one just as much as its predecessor. Well-written, everyone in character, etc etc etc. I LOVE the way you opened the prologue and the epilogue with Quidditch. I can definitely see Harry and Draco bonding over that.

I'm a little confused as to why no one repaired Draco's hand or made him a new one...I mean, I like the hurt/comfort implications and all but practically it doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess I'm willing to forgive that little thing though, otherwise I really liked the way this ended.

It's been so long now that I'm pretty sure I shouldn't hold my breath for a part 3, but if you are still working on it, I'd definitely be interested!
kolachess chapter 15 . 8/8/2011
Oh wow...I just wanted to say how lovely this story and its prequel was! I think the best part was how you managed to keep a realistic take on Malfoy's position in society had he and Harry gotten together!

Not too quick, not too slow and then a jump, not TOO resistive, just right! Brilliant really! You're a wonderful writer!

I do appreciate how there are some people who just never will look favorably upon the two (sad but true), whereas others won't necessarily support the but accept them. Awesomesauce!

Hope you continue writing more! Love the way you make Draco suffer...XD
DrunkOctopus chapter 15 . 6/30/2011
WHATTT NOOO U CANT END IT LIKE THIS...I've spent the last 3 days reading your two stories every chance I get and then you say you will have a third and there isn't one. Then I see the date, and its like 2005...NOOOOO PLEASE its been 6 years...UPDATE Oh i beg of you..I have ENJOYED SOOO MUCH this...twisted love tale and the immense happiness it has brought...please...if you have any love for your rabid fans...update... :'(
ns73 chapter 15 . 1/19/2011
Beautiful.

How much more must Draco lose? I hope Harry and Draco will be with each other, they deserve to be happy in the end. Ron is right, Harry never seems to get a break. Draco too...

Don't mind if I ask, is the third story written already? It's been years since this story was posted.
melpomene94 chapter 15 . 11/27/2010
Great story!
Lee chapter 15 . 10/24/2010
Thank you for these two beautiful, engrossing stories! Please, do write the last and much-desired story...
Stewart chapter 15 . 10/13/2010
Hi Claire, just wanted to thank you for a truly beautiful story.

I really appreciated your intriguing focus on Malfoy as a linchpin in the loyalties that governed the Wizarding War - it makes for a great read, a romance with very really obstacles and has the effect, as in Rowling's books, of providing means to isolated Harry from those who would otherwise deify him.

Adamant and Starlight definitely got pretty angsty, but your foreshadowing at the end for Sacrifice was brilliant. Most of all though, I loved your painstaking detail to the minute attentions Draco and Harry paid to each other. It really made their romance in this verse believable.

I'm reading your stories about 7 years after you posted them, don't see Sacrifice but I hope you did get around to writing it!

Best wishes - Stewart
Ratt-San chapter 15 . 7/3/2010
Beautiful. I do really love both stories; I almost wish you would continue it with an "after the war" fic or ficlet.

Either way, both will stay on my favorites list and surely be printed on paper when I have ink again (laughs) so I can keep a hard copy.

Thank you again for the wonderful story and for leaving it up, even so many years after the fact _
saya.sen chapter 15 . 4/4/2010
Once again your writing is absolutely wonderful. I love the tenderness and devotion in Harry and Draco's relationship- they need it to face everything this war will put them through. I like your plot so far too. Wonderful job.

Saya

PS: I'd like to thank you for not making Dumbledore a horrible manipulative person as well. I like the trust I see between him and Harry, especially since so many fanfics make him into a petty old man. I can't imagine how you can read Dumbledore and see that, so it always bothers me to read a bad characterization of him. I know a lot of times he's a major part of the plot but it still bothers me. Anyways, that's just one more thing to love about your story :)
Drarry Queen chapter 15 . 3/4/2010
Bloody Hell...Crovette Claire, you have done it again!

You have captured my heart with your wonderful, detailed, elaborate and heart-wrenching story that is Adamant and Starlight full of raw emotions and a love so deep one can scarely begin to imagine the depths of it, found in the souls of Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy.

This story was well written, carefully structured, intricately fascianting, and riviting up until the very last word in the epilogue. The painful scenes were tormenting and were so accruately portrayed I almost felt the chills run down my spine. Harry's steadfast devotion to Draco Malfoy is unfailingly touching and at times, hard to take in- the lenghts he went to for his lover are beyond the calls of reason, and that is what I think helped save Draco's wounded, fractured soul in the end. In fact, I KNOW it is.

The epilogue stitched all the remaining loose threads woven into the tapestry of the main story flawlessly. I wouldn't have had it end any other way.

I have no cristicisms of this story that I can think of, so consider this one of those gushy reviewes with spouting praise up the wazu, and enjoy it! ) Keep writing, please, PLEASE keep writing, I'm DYING to read more of your work!

Your devoted fan,

Nikki
SlumberingMarauder chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I truly loved this story and the series in general. It is all so beautifully written and exquisitely imagined. I noticed that your intentions were to add a third installation to the series, but I don't know if this ever occurred.

Do you plan on ever finishing this series? I would absolutely love to read the end of this...

~Vanessa
Dean chapter 15 . 12/17/2009
I just finished reading your two stories Thicker than Blood and Adamant and Starlight, I'm really interested in reading the third part if it's avaliable yet, let me know. I really enjoyed your stories.
Your Huckleberry chapter 15 . 7/15/2009
I really love this story. Draco is so heart breaking. Will you ever post the third story? I really hope so.