Reviews for Ada's Memories
dmichelle312 chapter 11 . 3/21
I love this story very much. I will soon read the sequel. I applaud you for your good work, Nightshade, and I couldn't agree more with Window Girl. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Nightshade. :)
dmichelle312 chapter 1 . 3/19
*Roll eyes* Reviewer CynthiaW seem to forget that this fanfic is AU. And that fanfic writers can find a loophole around pretty much anything, I consider that a blessing. And as far as I'm concerned, some fanfics are so much better than the original works, especially when their writers undo the damage caused by the original authors. I'm still very pissed at Tolkien for forcing Arwen to choose, for separating Elrond from his daughter and foster son, and for ripping that family apart. That's why I rage quit the fandom twelve years ago, angry, deeply hurt and heart-broken, with the intention to never ever return. I would even turn off the radio every time I heard the song "Aniron" on the radio, just hearing that song made me burst into sobs and feel as though I had been repeatedly stabbed in the heart. The wound was too deep and raw. It wasn't until very recently that I returned to the fandom, and it's all thanks to the fanfics writers and the hope they gave me, and not Tolkien.

I much prefer YOUR version to Tolkien's! I sure support any fanfic writer who want to keep this wonderful, precious family together (and family is not always about blood or race, it's about love first and foremost). See? This is why I was so heart-broken and depressed that I left the fandom twelve years ago with the intention to never ever return (it wasn't until very recently that I came back, and it was all thanks to the fanfic writers and the hope they gave me, not Tolkien). I just don't understand why Tolkien was so determined to rip that family apart, to have this choice forced on Arwen (this forced choice is such an outrage against love, family and free will, it is such a despicable crime to separate people who truly love each others, and to force someone to choose between two important parts of their true selves and between people they love is forcing them to live maimed, divided, incomplete and unhappy for the rest of their lives), and to take Arwen and Estel from Elrond (his beloved daughter and foster) after all the losses Elrond has already suffered over the course of something like 6000 years even though Elrond has always been so loving and selfless and put the happiness of others before his own, so shouldn't he be for once the one that get happiness and joy? Shouldn't he be? The fact that Tolkien didn't acknowledge this is the reason why I rage quit the fandom twelve years ago, angry, deeply hurt, and heart-broken. Yes, Elrond definitely shouldn't be denied his own joy and happiness at this point. And as I can see in "Ada's memories", same thing for Estel, as the twins pointed out. I've said it and I will say it again, I support any fanfic writer who want to keep this wonderful, precious family together. I didn't get to read those "Ada's memories" and "Blood bonds" yet, but what I've seen of them so far sure make me want to read them (and you bet I freakin' will) and you, Nightshade, sure did an excellent job.

From what I've seen of those stories so far, Eru and the Valar recognized the unconditional love they have for each others, especially after the twins and Legolas told the Valar that they were willing to die at the hands of the Valar (over our dead body speech) if the Valar either tried to kill Estel or separate him from them. Estel was allowed to live with his family in Valinor. Unconditional love won over a controversial rigid law (Tolkien's goddamn ban, and nevermind that there were so many freakin' "exceptions" that it's a wonder Tolkien kept it in place in the first place. What about Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Gimli and other such mortals allowed to live in Valinor? And though immortality can be such a nasty curse at times and in some situations, would it be such a raw deal for Estel to be immortal and to remain within the bounds of Arda until the remaking of Arda if he had his family and friends with him in Valinor (Elrond, Celebrian, the twins, Arwen, Legolas and the others? Plus, someone else, someone he trust, can rule Gondor in his place. I always thought one Faramir or possibly Eomer would make a good king.)) Tolkien doesn't seem to get that what truly matters to Eru and his Valar Beings of Light (and Daddy Jesus and his angelic servants while we're at it) is unconditional love and not stupid legalistic rules/stuff (Daddy Jesus Himself hated legalism and rebuked people who put law/rules and traditions over unconditional love). As the apostle Paul put it, love never fails, cannot fail. Sorry if it sounds like I'm bad mouthing Tolkien, this wasn't my intention, but he really hurt my feelings and broke my heart when he ripped that family apart, and not even Tolkien should be immuned to criticism. It seems to me that Tolkien still had some spiritual growth to do when he wrote those books, but considering where he is and in whose Presence he is now that he has passed away, I have no doubt that he knows better now. And I know better as well. Anyone who truly know our Creator-Father know better than that. Nightshade, your two fanfics look awesome to me, and I'm going to make it my priority to read those two before any other on my "to read" list. For twelves years I've been dying to read a fanfic like those two and since my prayers have been answered I'm certainly not going to miss the opportunity to do so. And I have no doubt that those two fanfics will quickly join the others on my "favorite stories" list here on FFN. I have no doubt that those two fanfics will be just as excellent as Archeress of Silverbow's "There's still a life in Arda" and "Seeking", AzureSkye23's Mairon redemption fics and quite a few other fanfics on my "favorite stories" list.

I also wanted to let you know that you will find quite a few good stories about Elrond if you check out the "favorite stories" section of my page on here. The "favorite stories" section of my page on here has the best stories about my favorite LOTR characters (mostly Elrond, and Namo, but also other LOTR characters as well). All the fanfics in the "favorite stories" section of my page on here are COMPLETE (abandoned stories are frustrating and rarely worth reading), with very few exceptions (those exceptions being Archeress of Silverbow's "Seeking", sequel to "There's still a life in Arda", and AzureSkye23's "Reclamation", sequel to "Redemption". I still hope they're gonna finish their sequels 'cause I really want to read the rest and even discuss them other fans. I am very fond of AzureSkye23's Mairon redemption and her portrayal of Namo.

Thank you in advance, Nightshade. I'm looking forward to reading more of your two fanfics, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your future LOTR stories. Keep up the good work. :)
CynthiaW chapter 11 . 11/16/2014
This was a sweet story. Just a coujple historical details that caught my attention: 1) The Dwarves had nothing to do with the making of the Rings of Power. Sauron helped the Elves make them, in disguise, except for the Three, which Celebrimbor made alone. 2) While it is unknown what will happen when the World Ends, we do know that Men cannot enter Valinor, period. The only non-Elves permitted (as exceptions) were Shadowfax the horse, Frodo, Bilbo, Samwise Gamgee (the Hobbits were Ringbearers), and Gimli (permitted because of his friendship with Legolas and his love of Galadriel). All of them sailed into the West, like the Elves did. Elros and his children seem to be unlikely to be able to be Reborn after death (though it was sweet to allow those with a particular affinity for Elves to stay in Valinor, just so Elrond could be reunited with his whole family). Aragorn being blood-bonded to his foster brothers to allow him to enter was an interesting twist. As well as Arwen essentially reclaiming her Elven heritage after she already made the Choice of Luthien.

Very nice story. Just wanted to remind you of a couple of Silmarillion facts. The silliness between Aragorn and the twins was fun to read, as well as them dragging Legolas into the teasing. Good job.

Cynthia
Sajna18 chapter 11 . 7/25/2014
I really enjoyed your take on what happens to Estel as he is human but his family are elves for the most part! It had a great uplifting ending and I loved reading it!
Window Girl chapter 11 . 2/15/2013
I'm glad you undid all the sad partings that Tolkien wrote.
Eneicia Took chapter 9 . 7/27/2012
This story has me laughing, crying, everything, it's wonderful! Though I noticed you have a mix of Sindarin (Adar/Ada) and Quenyan (Amme) Quenyan for father is Atar and Sindarin for mother is Naneth/Nana

But oddly, I hope you don't change anything, I love this story!
Glory Bee chapter 11 . 6/24/2012
This was very precious and how I wished the end of the LOTR to actually be. :) I am hoping that Legolas and Tindomiel make a love match of their own. It was especially lovely to see Elrond completely happy.
Dr34ming chapter 11 . 1/29/2012
This is a lovely story! :D I really enjoyed your portrayal of Elrond and Estel :D It was how I always imagined it :)
Laetitia du Chatelet chapter 12 . 12/3/2009
Perfect! This is how I imagined the movies! Exactly the way I would like the movies to play out. I am genuinely disappointed by the change in character of Elrond. His love for Aragorn/Estel was simply too great to be held back by bitterness towards 'the gift of men'. Though, I thought that is would be nice if Aragorn can be the proud king he is (at least in the books), but then again, that is my inner Aragorn-lover crying out.

I, too, have always wondered why can't Aragorn and Arwen set sail to Valinor. I mean, Frodo and Bilbo and many other mortals did...anyway, enough of me talking. I love your fic, and I am definitely reading both Elven Mortal and Blood Bonds.
Reaper1Nanashi chapter 12 . 10/6/2007
Very good...I will certainly read the sequel. But...I'm just curious. What did they name his daughter?
IceBlack chapter 12 . 5/21/2006
I like it. Can't wait to read the sequel.
Aralaiqualasse chapter 13 . 12/22/2005
I love it
sielge chapter 12 . 7/9/2005
This was an wonderful story and I must tell you that I enjoyed it very much! I will go and read Blood Bonds (again, because that was your first story I read).

I hope that one day (soon!) I will read also Elven Mortal...
Aeriscetra12 chapter 12 . 10/24/2004
great story! can't wait to read what happens next.
Amlee chapter 11 . 3/11/2004
When Estel was introduced to Elros shouldn't he have been introduced as his grandson? Not as an uncle?
After reading a story I always wonder what happened to the character when the author was finished. I can't help but think that Aragorn and Arwin ended up back with their family! So thanks for giving me an ending to a great story!