Reviews for Oddball Pride
T chapter 12 . 3/2/2009
German! :D German is SUCH an awesome language. I dunno what "schlachtet" means... I would assume, from context, that it means something along the lines of "to murder". Hrrm.

... Mm. "Slaughter". Lovely.

Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Ich spreche klein Deutsch. Nicht sehr gut.

I'm on my second college semester of it, though.

... Speaking of which, I REALLY need to go do that German project, now that I know where tf to find it...
T chapter 11 . 3/2/2009
Oh, dandy. Mentally ill mothers. That sounds awful familiar. Schizophrenia, early alzheimers, or just plain lunacy, for Snapey dear? Or maybe something entirely different, eh?

Fascinating story so far. I am finding myself rather reluctant to pause for my math homework. Keep up the good work, then?
Malfoy's Kitten chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
love it
snarky Beth chapter 31 . 12/26/2007
crocky,

I LOVE this story, there is no doupt I'll be reading the sequel! I adore little Severus, he is just so cute! I love how you write him, and the other character for that matter. I feel so bad for Remus and Severus, and Sirius even though he's a bit of a jerk, because they have to deal with stuff (and they are my three favorite guys!) and it's hard for them. I like the relationship you've formed between Lucius and Severus, it's nice that the kid has an ally. I hope you write all the years, because I really enjoyed reading this story and I love to read Marauder era stories since they are so entertaining with the Severus and Marauder interaction.

Great story, keep up the good work!

Beth
maryh10000 chapter 31 . 8/5/2007
Hi Crocky,

This story is amazing. I love the family dynamics you've given Snape. Lance loves his wife and son, but he just doesn't know how to parent a son who is not like him, and Severus pays the price.

I love the Slytherin dynamics. Slytherin is truly the house of politics.

The idea that Sirius didn't want to be in Gryffindor is one that hadn't occurred to me. It's interesting to see how totally he buys into pureblood bigotry until he actually has some continuing, personal exposure to a blood traitor and a half-blood. And how Snape becomes the common enemy that draws them together.

The Christmas tradition at Grimmauld Place is wonderful. I loved the part where the grown-ups duel for fun, and the older kids do as well.

Time to move on to Oddball Trouble.
281293 chapter 30 . 4/12/2007
oh my god i love these oddball stories (whats up with that "oddball") anyway keep writing
idontwannatellumyname chapter 9 . 12/15/2006
whats up with mcgonagalls? speaking it so interesting
FireWeaver chapter 31 . 5/17/2005
I ended up reading this after the Second Year because I came upon your story through someone else, but ingenius nonetheless. And the research you seem to put into it. I even sneak read at school cause I can't wait to read.
Plaidly Lush chapter 31 . 5/3/2005
GOOD story! I don't read a whole lot of Maurader fics, so I was glad to find a well-written story of that particular era. You have a very complex grasp of the politics, which makes the story more interesting, at times. Other times I would much rather know what is going on with Snape or the Gryffindors. Soon enough, I'll read the next one, and eventually review.
Little Tigger chapter 20 . 9/3/2004
It will be interesting to see how you get Snape past his fear of flying, so he can grow up to referee quidditch matches...

Poor baby, getting trapped in the tunnel...

Little Tigger chapter 17 . 9/3/2004
Go Lupin!

It's really good how you've kept Sirius and James' roles in the MWPP world separate. Lots of writers get them lumped together.

:) Sorry this is taking me so long to read. I'm geting there. It's not the story, I assure you.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Little Tigger chapter 15 . 9/1/2004
The duels were hilarious!

I like! I like!

Little Tigger chapter 8 . 8/28/2004
"Indeed, it seemed she was trying to embrace the whole world at once." Great characterisation of Sprout. Just had to say that. It's a great line.
Little Tigger chapter 7 . 8/28/2004
Mundungus Fletcher and Dedalus Diggle as Dung and Diggle, that's cute. I rather pictured them older, but it funny. I've thought too that there were probably more corporal punishments before Dumbledore - a practice he would have changed, probably over the course of a few years to avoid a total revolt on the part of the teachers and open rebellion on the part of the students.

Mrs. Norris as a kitten was cute.

Little Tigger chapter 4 . 8/28/2004
I was a little confused at first by who was taking Severus to the train and why his mom seemed so distant. And then the thing with Andromeda and Bellatrix. I'm sure you will explain it eventually. Character development takes a while.

Anyway, but the sorting hat song was AWESOME, really very good. Interesting that Severus was able to convince the hat to put him in Slytherin, but Sirius wasn't. Neat little scene in the dorm room with Potter and Black too.

Well, I'm taking a break from mine and thought I would read your two "Oddballs" I'll review more as I get farther. I'm anxious to see your take on how the development of MWPP.

OH And Lucius is terrifying when he's nice, isn't he? I think I'd be less afraid to have him flinging curses at me than to have him invite me into his compartment. That sort of friendship never comes cheap...

Later! LT