Reviews for Aye, But We're Loved
terrier2468 chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Aww... I can't exactly say what it was about this specifically that I liked so much, but I totally love it! And Jack is still completely in character, which I think can be hard to do! He makes me laugh, which is definitely something yours did as well! Charming ole' Jackie as usual! Cheers!
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
A great story. Very good.
just jacs chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
poor Jack. That was really good. Made me want to pity him although i know he wouldn't have wanted tat.
Rogue-Pirate chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
Poor Jack...If I get my hands on that good-for-nothing father of his, I'll beat him to within an inch of his life! I liked this story/chapter/one-off it's nice having a little background on ol' Jack.

Good stuff, good stuff...
CMP12 chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
Adored this! It was soo sweet and I like the subtle Jack/Liz hinting!
Pegster chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
Hi Melody,

I didnt know you did potc!

This is wonderful, nice drabble.

I am missing your stories.

This one almost had me crying...

Take Care

Peggy )
Stephantom chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
Great little ficlet. I love investigating Jack's past. This was very sad, and quite believable. Good characterizations.

A few of your reviewers seem rather annoyingly nitpicky even about mistakes that aren't there. It's clearly ELIZABETH whose mother dies when she is three and JACK'S who was whoring when he was six. And to correct line of the pirate song... 1) who cares? and 2) Elizabeth was using the song to address Jack, not just randomly quoting it, and so she said "hearty" singular because he was the only person, or hearty, there.

Anyway. That just bothered me. Ignore them. Wonderful story!
JackFan2 chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
OH.. Melody, that was a simply brilliant chapter! Excellent characterization and so well played out. I could see it happening in my minds eye. Perfect!
Yea. *regards your bio* I too should be old enough to know better. But I take full responsibility for my obsession with Johnny Depp. After all, he IS my own age! HAHAHA. well.. if he can look that amazing at 40, then I can.. can... crap. I'll just write and read and obsess instead
Ta!
Jackfan2
Rat chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
Very nicely written! I love how Elizabeth covers for him, lets him move away from the conversation and distance himself from it. Very heartbreaking- as is Jack's advice to her.
Catmint chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
This is really good. Nice little insight into that night, and kept well in character.
i hate cheese chapter 1 . 1/10/2004
in 2 paragraghs, jack says that his mommy died when he was 3 yrs old but in the next paragraph, jack says that his mommy was whoring when he was six... sorta confused :p
maybee jack had a wee bit too much rum ... but the sloshed jack is better than sober jack hm
Lady Dreamgirl chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
Pretty good. However the line from thie song is "drink up me hearties yo ho" not "drink up me hearty yo ho". Other than that little bit it's quite good.
froda-baggins chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
Wow that was just awesome. Quite a story there. I like how you tempered it with humor, it's definitely something Jack would do. Awesome.
KTFaye chapter 1 . 9/9/2003
Great story, nice characterization. Oh, and there is no inconsistancy as mentioned below. It was *elizabeth* who mentioned her father died at 3, not Jack.
Calendar chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
Aww... poor Jack. And she saved face for him. Very sweet.