Reviews for A Midsummer's Nightmare
PrettyYaoiBoyz chapter 20 . 3/12/2006
"and that's why i hate enka." lofl i love it that is so funny! your story is the shiznit i really like it!
PrettyYaoiBoyz chapter 6 . 3/10/2006
ah! cliffie!
Aeris chapter 20 . 2/6/2006
Oh man. Reading this lucidly reminds me of Haruki Murakami, from the title , subtitles, 80's pop-culture references, and to the characters themselves (especially the original characters, I find 003 and Natsume as the two most interesting characters here for some reason, even more so than Tsuzuki and Hisoka, but this is just me _), which I believe you intentionally did. These is all a breath of fresh air, mind you, SO much better than all this Shipping/Romance/Shallow-As-All-Fuck garbage floating around the rest of this site about this genre. Although I don't think Murakami was your only source of inspiration, I saw dashes of Kafka and Mishima as well, which suddenly made me a very happy kid.

Cerebral, surreal, intrinsically twisted and still completely human. Excellent job. Be proud of this work, because it's definitely something to be proud of.

Hurray for sociopathic archetypes! I stop now.
Literary Eagle chapter 20 . 10/6/2005
Congratulations on completing this great fic! I really enjoyed the hilarious inside jokes (the Gackt reference is still my favorite)! And of course, the way you include the minor characters is always a treat. Thank you for writing such delightful stories. _
EnchanteRhea chapter 19 . 10/4/2005
As always, an awesome chapter. I've been waiting quite impatiently to see how you're going to solve this, and I must say, it lived up to my expectations alright. Again, a very entertaining read, both in terms of the actual story, and the writing. And Watari's umbrella is priceless.

I'm looking forward to the conclusion. ) Great work.
Literary Eagle chapter 19 . 10/2/2005
Yay, another chapter! I especially liked Hannibal-kun and Watari's ducky umbrella!
Literary Eagle chapter 18 . 9/24/2005
Ah, Hisoka singing! That's priceless! Great chapter. _
TheOv3rlyOb3ss1bl3 chapter 18 . 9/23/2005
Wonderful as always, and you update in such a timely fashion. You are awesome. Keep writing, cuz I'm gonna keep reading! _v
Literary Eagle chapter 17 . 9/15/2005
Hilarious! *pets Fluffy* _
kazz chapter 16 . 9/8/2005
wow. this has got to be one of the most "original" fanfics (an oxymoron?) posted here.

I love the way you've used ideas from LOTR, HP, HardBoiled.., and I am a Cat. Hehe. It's like getting a crash course on popular culture and japanese literature at the same time.

At one point there, I was expecting Kira to "fall" off from a bridge and say, "fly, you fools". ;)
Literary Eagle chapter 16 . 9/3/2005
Wow, just when I thought it couldn't get any weirder. *grin* I love it!
Th3Ov3rlyObs3ssed chapter 15 . 8/28/2005
Wonderful as always! _

Keep up the great work! I really like this fanfic!
EnchanteRhea chapter 15 . 8/25/2005
This honestly has got to be one of the best stories I've ever read, in any fandom. I've just finished reading it all at one sitting, and I do apologize for not reviewing each chapter separately; I can only blame it on the urge to move on to the next chapter as soon as I could ;)

I enjoy the story immensely; the plot, the writing, the characterization. It's good to see Watari back to "life" :) Oh, and I'm probably wrong but - the video game and subsequent deaths sounds like Angel Sanctuary to me ;)

I'll be looking forward to the next parts of this story, which is to say, please update soon! I haven't enjoyed myself like this while reading fanfiction in quite a long time.
Literary Eagle chapter 15 . 8/25/2005
I don't know why they were so worried about the kappa food. After all, lots of people like to drink kappa-ccino. (Sorry, I couldn't resist. Heh.) Anyway, cute chapter!
TheOv3rlyOb3ss1bl3 chapter 14 . 8/18/2005